Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Hybrid Bicycles
Reload this Page >

Bike Shortage Conundrum - Can't Demo, Need Guidance on Selecting the Right Bike

Search
Notices
Hybrid Bicycles Where else would you go to discuss these fun, versatile bikes?

Bike Shortage Conundrum - Can't Demo, Need Guidance on Selecting the Right Bike

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-21, 06:28 AM
Midnight Blue

Bikes: 2021 Trek FX Sport 6, 2019 Trek Dual Sport 3

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts
My new Trek Sport FX 6 with Spirgrips+ mounted. Think I need to find a more comfortable saddle. Rode 32 miles yesterday and that pushed my limit on saddle discomfort. Perhaps I just need to get used to it?

Trek FX Sport 6 XL

Spirgrips+ on Trek FX Sport 6
Likes For Midnight Blue:
Old 04-19-21, 08:09 AM
stevel610 

Bikes: Novara Safari, CAAD9, WABI Classic, WABI Thunder

Quoted: 365 Post(s)
Liked 457 Times in 240 Posts
Nice bike! Trying bars like these that are swept back make a big difference in comfort.

Likes For stevel610:
Old 04-19-21, 01:39 PM
Midnight Blue

Rode 33 miles today on the Schuylkill River Trail. Love the FX 6 but a new saddle seems likely as the stock one is a bone crusher. As my wife likes to say, I have no butt, so even padded shorts aren't enough padding.
Likes For Midnight Blue:
Old 04-19-21, 02:07 PM
stevel610 

Bikes: Novara Safari, CAAD9, WABI Classic, WABI Thunder

Quoted: 365 Post(s)
Liked 457 Times in 240 Posts
Originally Posted by Midnight Blue
Rode 33 miles today on the Schuylkill River Trail. Love the FX 6 but a new saddle seems likely as the stock one is a bone crusher. As my wife likes to say, I have no butt, so even padded shorts aren't enough padding.
The wife and I were at the Betzwood Bridge in Valley Forge just up the trail from this picture yesterday. It was a great day for riding, and again, sweet bike you got there.
Old 04-19-21, 02:23 PM
Midnight Blue

Originally Posted by stevel610
The wife and I were at the Betzwood Bridge in Valley Forge just up the trail from this picture yesterday. It was a great day for riding, and again, sweet bike you got there.
That's funny! I rode to Port Indian yesterday too - gorgeous day for a ride and I made great time. I usually go all the way to Valley Forge (or beyond) on the weekends when I have more time.
Old 04-19-21, 03:54 PM
brucedelta

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 5 Posts
That's funny! I rode to Port Indian yesterday too - gorgeous day for a ride and I made great time. I usually go all the way to Valley Forge (or beyond) on the weekends when I have more time.
I ordered the Spiregrips so now you know if you see another FX with them it's probably me. I did the Chester Vally Trail this weekend and plan on Schuylkill River Trail this weekend if I can.
Likes For brucedelta:
Old 04-19-21, 06:21 PM
jaxgtr

Bikes: Trek Domane SLR 7 AXS, Trek CheckPoint SL7 AXS, Trek Emonda ALR AXS, Trek FX 5 Sport

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 763 Post(s)
Liked 1,731 Times in 1,008 Posts
My new Trek Sport FX 6 with Spirgrips+ mounted. Think I need to find a more comfortable saddle. Rode 32 miles yesterday and that pushed my limit on saddle discomfort. Perhaps I just need to get used to it?
I have that same phone holder. Recently got version 4 edition with the flat edges on it. Find it holds the phone with less movement. Never felt is was not secure, but the straps were round and it seemed to allow the phone to roll. Does not do that with version 4. I think mine sits a little higher off the stem, with the raised center, but it could be a picture angle thing that looks like it closer to the stem.

Likes For jaxgtr:
Old 04-20-21, 06:25 AM
Midnight Blue

Originally Posted by jaxgtr
I have that same phone holder. Recently got version 4 edition with the flat edges on it. Find it holds the phone with less movement. Never felt is was not secure, but the straps were round and it seemed to allow the phone to roll. Does not do that with version 4. I think mine sits a little higher off the stem, with the raised center, but it could be a picture angle thing that looks like it closer to the stem.
Yes, it is the Bone Bike Tie Pro 4 Bike Phone Holder. Bounces around a bit more on the FX 6 compared to the DS3 (even with front suspension locked) given the difference in tires but holds my S21 Ultra just fine.
Old 04-20-21, 01:29 PM
jaxgtr

Bikes: Trek Domane SLR 7 AXS, Trek CheckPoint SL7 AXS, Trek Emonda ALR AXS, Trek FX 5 Sport

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 763 Post(s)
Liked 1,731 Times in 1,008 Posts
Yes, it is the Bone Bike Tie Pro 4 Bike Phone Holder. Bounces around a bit more on the FX 6 compared to the DS3 (even with front suspension locked) given the difference in tires but holds my S21 Ultra just fine.

Well, I have the 2 and the 4 it is so much better. I've used my 4 on my Mountain bike and it has held tough

Old 04-20-21, 02:47 PM
GeoffNA

Bikes: Specialized Sirrus X 5.0 (2021)

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 6 Posts
Nice setup. I have SQLab Innerbarends mated with my SQLab grips on my Sirrus X 5.0 and they are a revelation.
Likes For GeoffNA: