Search
Notices
Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets HRM, GPS, MP3, HID. Whether it's got an acronym or not, here's where you'll find discussions on all sorts of tools, toys and gadgets.

ActiveOn CX Camera

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-15, 08:32 PM
pat0115

Bikes: 2016 Cannondale Quick Speed 1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
ActiveOn CX Camera

Just purchased the ActiveOn CX camera from my local Sears store for just $119. It compares well to the GoPro Hero4, since the ActiveOn has a rear LCD screen, a sharper lens and its $10 cheaper. Bought a handlebar mount and I'll be using it on my Cannondale Quick Speed 1 for the first time tomorrow. Has anyone else bought this camera?
Old 10-10-17, 12:30 AM
baj2

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I got the Activeon CX Gold last year on a Black Friday deal for $99. Pretty cool little unit for the price. I use it primarily with the chest mount that came in a $20 accessory kit on Amazon. I didn't ride as much this Summer due to work, but have noticed the last couple times I used it that the video sometimes gets choppy/slow-mo at times, particularly when I'm going faster, down hill with turns and the camera is pointed downward more (when I'm off the seat). I didn't seem to have the problems early on, but was using it on the trails over the Winter with a lot of white background (snow).

Have you found good settings to use for mountain biking? We have mainly tight-twisty-wooded trails here in MN (vs open/sunny). I was going to start working my way though testing the various settings, but thought I'd see if anyone else had already figured it out.

Thanks,
-Brad