Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

2003 Bianchi Vigorelli, last of those from Italy or from Taiwan?

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-04, 06:56 AM
Grasschopper
He drop me

Bikes: '03 Marin Mill Valley, '02 Eddy Merckx Corsa 0.1, '12 Giant Defy Advance, '20 Giant Revolt 1, '20 Giant Defy Advanced Pro 1, some random 6KU fixie

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 138 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 9 Posts

Ok so I am thinking about a 2003 Bianchi Vigorelli. Is this one of the last from Italy or was it made in Taiwan?

Thanks
Old 10-15-04, 07:09 AM
snowdog650

Bikes: Bianchi Vigorelli

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Grasschopper
Ok so I am thinking about a 2003 Bianchi Vigorelli. Is this one of the last from Italy or was it made in Taiwan?

Thanks
From Italy.

I have a 2004, which is from Taiwan ... but I still love it. Great bike.
Old 10-15-04, 07:16 AM
Grasschopper
He drop me

Bikes: '03 Marin Mill Valley, '02 Eddy Merckx Corsa 0.1, '12 Giant Defy Advance, '20 Giant Revolt 1, '20 Giant Defy Advanced Pro 1, some random 6KU fixie

Cool thanks. Oh and a qustion for you: How sloped is the top tube? I need something with a sloping top tube so I can hook up a trailer bike, my Marin is classic and I don't have nearly enough seat tube sticking out.
Old 10-15-04, 07:20 AM
Corsaire
Dancing on the Pedals

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I also have the Vigorelli 2003, although I'd love to say is from Italia, I think it's from Taiwan. I'll double check tonite.

Corsaire
Old 10-15-04, 07:41 AM
sydney

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Thanks
The Imola and Vigorelli were never Italian.
Old 10-15-04, 07:51 AM
...jeff

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
You're thinking of the Veloce with the Reparto Corse SL3 alu frame...

https://gianni.bianchiusa.com/2003/si..._VeloceX2.html
Old 10-15-04, 08:00 AM
xeney

Bikes: 2003 Bianchi Veloce, 2005 Specialized Rockhopper, 1982 Nishiki Sport mixte converted to single speed

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I just bought a 2003 (steel) Veloce yesterday and it has "Made In Italy" stickers all over it. This is the same frame as the Vigorelli, the Eros, and the Imola, right? The 2004's sitting next to it all said "Made In Taiwan."
Old 10-15-04, 08:09 AM
Grasschopper
He drop me

Hmm interesting seems we need an expert.
Ok so one of the photos I have is og the head tube and on there under the Bianchi chrest it says Fabbrica Italiana Veloci...(photo gets blury) Is this part of the creat that even the Taiwan bikes carry? I ask because it is Italian for Fabricated in Italy (I think, using babble fish here...where is my Italian co worker?)
Old 10-15-04, 08:36 AM
ChipRGW
hehe...He said "member"

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2002 Vigorelli was made in Taiwan, I would have to assume that '03 was as well.
and... it's 100% Chick Designed.

Old 10-15-04, 09:33 AM
xeney

Bikes: 2003 Bianchi Veloce, 2005 Specialized Rockhopper, 1982 Nishiki Sport mixte converted to single speed

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Unfortunately I don't think that "Fabbrica Italiana Velocipedi" means anything, because I just checked my boyfriend's Bianchi mountain bike and it has the same label under the badge ... right above where the "Made In Taiwan" sticker used to be.

I think that might mean something like "Speed Made in Italy" and it's probably a company motto, not a real origin label.
Old 10-15-04, 09:37 AM
sydney

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by xeney
I just bought a 2003 (steel) Veloce yesterday and it has "Made In Italy" stickers all over it. This is the same frame as the Vigorelli, the Eros, and the Imola, right?
NO!!
Old 10-15-04, 09:40 AM
Grasschopper
He drop me

Originally Posted by xeney
Unfortunately I don't think that "Fabbrica Italiana Velocipedi" means anything, because I just checked my boyfriend's Bianchi mountain bike and it has the same label under the badge ... right above where the "Made In Taiwan" sticker used to be.

I think that might mean something like "Speed Made in Italy" and it's probably a company motto, not a real origin label.
Ahh ok thanks...so this mix of answers seems to be leaning toward Taiwan. Oh most of the others I am looking at are made there too so no big deal I guess. Would have been cooler if it was made in Italy though.
Old 10-15-04, 10:04 AM
xeney

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by sydney
NO!!
Ah, okay, I was looking at the 2005 description of the Vigorelli:

Same great frame as Veloce, Imola and Eros.
But that's from 2005, not 2003.
Old 10-15-04, 10:11 PM
Waldo
Zippy Engineer

Bikes: Bianchi 928, Bianchi Pista Concept 2004, Surly Steamroller, 1998 Schwinn Factory Team Homegrown, 1999 Schwinn Homegrown Factory, 2000 Schwinn Panther, Niner EMD9

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Any bike featuring the chick designed label is one designed by Sky Yaeger at Bianchi USA and is sourced from Taiwan. This includes the Imola and Vigorelli. The Veloce is made in Taiwan as of '05.
Old 10-16-04, 07:31 AM
snowdog650

Bikes: Bianchi Vigorelli

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Waldo
Any bike featuring the chick designed label is one designed by Sky Yaeger at Bianchi USA and is sourced from Taiwan. This includes the Imola and Vigorelli. The Veloce is made in Taiwan as of '05.
'04 Veloce is Taiwan.
Old 10-16-04, 12:33 PM
bianchi_rider
Nothing But Bianchi

Bikes: Bianchi Giro, Bianchi Funny Bike TT,

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
The Vigorelli is not part of the Reparto Corse, So I am not sure as to when Bianchi actually stopped having the majority of their bikes made in Italy.
Here is a link with the specs on the bike including the slope of the top tube etc, maybe you can find out more here...
https://gianni.bianchiusa.com/2003/si...Vigorelli.html
PS its a sweet bike, good luck and ride safe
Old 10-16-04, 12:39 PM
bianchi_rider
Nothing But Bianchi

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bianchi_rider
The Vigorelli is not part of the Reparto Corse, So I am not sure as to when Bianchi actually stopped having the majority of their bikes made in Italy.
Here is a link with the specs on the bike including the slope of the top tube etc, maybe you can find out more here...
https://gianni.bianchiusa.com/2003/si...Vigorelli.html
PS its a sweet bike, good luck and ride safe
What i meant by not being Reparto Corse is: All reparto Corse models are made in Italy.
Now chances are the Materials are from Italy and assembled in Tiawan, (cheaper labor)
none the less its an awsome bike with a great name behind it, so you wont be getting junk no matter where it was assembled, because if it was junk Bianchi woulldnt put their name on it....
Old 10-16-04, 01:00 PM
Grasschopper
He drop me

What i meant by not being Reparto Corse is: All reparto Corse models are made in Italy.
Now chances are the Materials are from Italy and assembled in Tiawan, (cheaper labor)
none the less its an awsome bike with a great name behind it, so you wont be getting junk no matter where it was assembled, because if it was junk Bianchi woulldnt put their name on it....
Local Bianchi dealer told me it wouldn't be much of a change from my Marin and probably not worth dumping a grand into building. I was going to buy a frame and build it up with full Ultegra. If I didn't have a bike at the moment I would go for it. Also the asking price seemed a little high based on what the last couple went for on eBay. Oh well something will come along.
Old 10-16-04, 01:43 PM
bianchi_rider
Nothing But Bianchi

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Local Bianchi dealer told me it wouldn't be much of a change from my Marin and probably not worth dumping a grand into building. I was going to buy a frame and build it up with full Ultegra. If I didn't have a bike at the moment I would go for it. Also the asking price seemed a little high based on what the last couple went for on eBay. Oh well something will come along.
What size frame do you ride???
Old 10-16-04, 04:24 PM
Grasschopper
He drop me

What size frame do you ride???
Well my Marin is a 57cm but it has a 550mm top tube. I am looking for something in a compact geometry so that I can pull my son's trailer bike rather than my wife pulling it all the time. Plan was to buy a frame and build it up with ultegra as I said previously or take the Tiagra off my Marin and put it on the new/new to me frame.
Old 10-16-04, 04:32 PM
bianchi_rider
Nothing But Bianchi

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Well my Marin is a 57cm but it has a 550mm top tube. I am looking for something in a compact geometry so that I can pull my son's trailer bike rather than my wife pulling it all the time. Plan was to buy a frame and build it up with ultegra as I said previously or take the Tiagra off my Marin and put it on the new/new to me frame.
Hmmmmm, I saw this one
https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...107855123&rd=1
and this one
https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...107879547&rd=1
Old 10-16-04, 07:29 PM
Grasschopper
He drop me

Thanks for those. The first one is out as it will be too large. The second one may work but it would be better if it was sloping which it doesn't appear to be.