Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Folding Bikes
Reload this Page >

Downtube folding bike

Notices
Folding Bikes Discuss the unique features and issues of folding bikes. Also a great place to learn what folding bike will work best for your needs.

Downtube folding bike

Old 08-30-23, 12:51 PM
downtube

Bikes: Many Downtube Folders :)

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 282 Post(s)
Liked 24 Times in 17 Posts
I just finished my autobiography, I will continue to add content. Link is at https://store-q3pnelh0kf.mybigcommer...al-6-20-23.pdf

Thanks,
Yan
Semi-active chess player ( two time Bahamas National Champion )
Sivananda ( Bahamas ) Trained Yoga instructor ( 2013 ) and ThetaHealer since 2013
Bicycle delivery worker for Jimmy John's. Delivering is the best workout I have ever had.
Old 09-01-23, 03:06 PM
mirfi

Bikes: Vilano Urbana, DownTube FS9, Montaque paratrooper, Nano mini-velo, Motobecane CX, Raleigh 20, MIFA folder, ROG Pony, Iverson Grand Touring folder, Exclusiv German folder

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 168 Post(s)
Liked 191 Times in 119 Posts
Yan,

Just finished reading your book.

Wow. Just crazy.

I've heard similar stories first hand.

And then I go and hug my wife.

Good luck to you
Old 09-01-23, 04:44 PM
downtube

Bikes: Many Downtube Folders :)

Quoted: 282 Post(s)
Liked 24 Times in 17 Posts
I have good news and bad news.

Good news:
The FBI is involved, I expect a resolution. Then I will finish the last chapter.

Bad News:
I filtered the truth in the book. The real story is a hundred times worse. Interestingly, it has changed me for the better. The only way to counter evil is to be pure....I'm as pure as I have ever been.

I have not avoided this forum. I've literally been dealing with unbelievable drama for over two years.

Thanks
Yan

​​​​
Semi-active chess player ( two time Bahamas National Champion )
Sivananda ( Bahamas ) Trained Yoga instructor ( 2013 ) and ThetaHealer since 2013
Bicycle delivery worker for Jimmy John's. Delivering is the best workout I have ever had.
Old 09-02-23, 02:07 PM
tds101 
55+ Club,...

Bikes: 9+,...

Quoted: 1085 Post(s)
Liked 821 Times in 570 Posts
Originally Posted by downtube

Good news:
The FBI is involved, I expect a resolution. Then I will finish the last chapter.

Bad News:
I filtered the truth in the book. The real story is a hundred times worse. Interestingly, it has changed me for the better. The only way to counter evil is to be pure....I'm as pure as I have ever been.

I have not avoided this forum. I've literally been dealing with unbelievable drama for over two years.

Thanks
Yan

​​​​
Dear lord, I need to read your book. After reading you comment I'm just hoping all is well with you. You have my prayers Yan, and I NEVER say that to a person unless I sense something strong in the air. 🙏
Old 09-15-23, 08:00 AM
ghwachter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Do Not Buy this bike

guarantee is worthless

I’ve owned several downtube nova’s, Yan has been helpful and friendly in the past, but something has changed. I purchased a new one, and after putting it together I had a very hard time folding and unfolding it. I was ready to return it. Yan said not to return it, he would send me new latch mechanism, it would be easy to put on, and this would solve problem. Also that he would ‘certainly’ take it back if this didn’t work. It took several weeks for the new mechanism to arrive. It was not so easy to put it on bike, but I figured it out, and it was a bit better, not as good as my older bike. I then took the bike on a short trip, folded it to put into someones car and then could not open the latch to open the bike. I got many people to try to help me, and finally had to go to a hardware store and buy a screwdriver to pry it open. Then it would not close until I had to push very hard. I called Yan, and said I’d like to either return the bike as he promised I could, with him paying shipping, or take it to a bike store and let him pay for repairs. He said he would do neither! He blamed the problem on ‘user’ error, saying somehow I had bent both latches. Once again, I’ve owned several of these bikes, all with same latch, and have never had this problem before. We argued for a long time, and ended the call with him not offering any solution. I thought I was stuck with a $600+ bike that I could not fold. So I took it to my local bike store, which after some work figured out that the frame was poorly made so the latch mechanism, including the spring, would not work. We solved the problem by filing the holes a bit bigger and removing the spring. Now it works, but without the spring so I have to pull it open a bit. Better than having a folding bike that does not fold.

So again, DO NOT BUY this bike.
Old 09-15-23, 08:53 AM
Pinigis 

Bikes: Origami Gazelle, Origami Crane 8, Origami Cricket 7

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 452 Post(s)
Liked 405 Times in 241 Posts
Originally Posted by ghwachter
Do Not Buy this bike

guarantee is worthless

I’ve owned several downtube nova’s, Yan has been helpful and friendly in the past, but something has changed. I purchased a new one, and after putting it together I had a very hard time folding and unfolding it. I was ready to return it. Yan said not to return it, he would send me new latch mechanism, it would be easy to put on, and this would solve problem. Also that he would ‘certainly’ take it back if this didn’t work. It took several weeks for the new mechanism to arrive. It was not so easy to put it on bike, but I figured it out, and it was a bit better, not as good as my older bike. I then took the bike on a short trip, folded it to put into someones car and then could not open the latch to open the bike. I got many people to try to help me, and finally had to go to a hardware store and buy a screwdriver to pry it open. Then it would not close until I had to push very hard. I called Yan, and said I’d like to either return the bike as he promised I could, with him paying shipping, or take it to a bike store and let him pay for repairs. He said he would do neither! He blamed the problem on ‘user’ error, saying somehow I had bent both latches. Once again, I’ve owned several of these bikes, all with same latch, and have never had this problem before. We argued for a long time, and ended the call with him not offering any solution. I thought I was stuck with a $600+ bike that I could not fold. So I took it to my local bike store, which after some work figured out that the frame was poorly made so the latch mechanism, including the spring, would not work. We solved the problem by filing the holes a bit bigger and removing the spring. Now it works, but without the spring so I have to pull it open a bit. Better than having a folding bike that does not fold.

So again, DO NOT BUY this bike.
I have replaced a lot of parts that were damaged by the customer; I expect this to happen periodically. Saving a few bucks is insignificant if it creates a dissatisfied customer.
Old 09-15-23, 09:34 PM
CrimsonEclipse

Quoted: 503 Post(s)
Liked 583 Times in 334 Posts
Originally Posted by tds101
Dear lord, I need to read your book. After reading you comment I'm just hoping all is well with you. You have my prayers Yan, and I NEVER say that to a person unless I sense something strong in the air. 🙏
Wait, there's a BOOK?!!?
Old 09-16-23, 04:05 AM
tds101 
55+ Club,...

Bikes: 9+,...

Quoted: 1085 Post(s)
Liked 821 Times in 570 Posts
I just finished my autobiography, I will continue to add content. Link is at https://store-q3pnelh0kf.mybigcommer...al-6-20-23.pdf

Thanks,
Yan

Good news:

Bad News:

Thanks
Yan

​​​​
Originally Posted by CrimsonEclipse
Wait, there's a BOOK?!!?
Check the first quote I shared with you here. It's a downloadable PDF.
Old 09-16-23, 09:48 AM
CrimsonEclipse

Quoted: 503 Post(s)
Liked 583 Times in 334 Posts

Thanks,
Yan
Originally Posted by tds101
Check the first quote I shared with you here. It's a downloadable PDF.
I miss a few posts....

Thank you TDS...

And thank you Yan for the insight.
Likes For CrimsonEclipse: