Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Cyclocross and Gravelbiking (Recreational)
Reload this Page >

HELP which Gravel Bike should I buy?

Notices
Cyclocross and Gravelbiking (Recreational) This has to be the most physically intense sport ever invented. It's high speed bicycle racing on a short off road course or riding the off pavement rides on gravel like : "Unbound Gravel". We also have a dedicated Racing forum for the Cyclocross Hard Core Racers.

Old 08-06-20, 09:02 AM
Matt8833

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi all,

I am thinking of either getting a Genesis CDA10 or an Octane One Gridd Flat Adventure Bike - I was going to buy a Boardman adv 8.6 but my cycle voucher cant be used at halfords

can anyone give me some advise and recommendations, I was to commute on road but also be able to use the bike for a Gravel paths on the weekend (that said I do own a Specalized Hard rock pro)

I have a set of cleets and pedals but havent used them on the MTB was thinking of using for the new bike.

My voucher is £650 but could go £750 ish if the company excepts cyclescheme .
Old 08-06-20, 09:22 AM
Gconan

Bikes: Norco search xr

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 197 Post(s)
Liked 146 Times in 90 Posts
Between the two bikes named I would get the Genesis. It's a 2x which is better for the road. Definitely use your pedals on the new bike. How much more would a steel genesis be verses the aluminum?
Old 08-06-20, 10:40 AM
Matt8833

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Gconan
Between the two bikes named I would get the Genesis. It's a 2x which is better for the road. Definitely use your pedals on the new bike. How much more would a steel genesis be verses the aluminum?
I think its another £280 which would be out of my budget