Hondo Gravel
Viking Berserker

Bikes: Too many Motobecanes

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1329 Post(s)
Liked 1,236 Times in 803 Posts
Texas is getting bad

Yup, not surprised. At the beginning most people were doing the right thing but after awhile everyone got careless. Now we have a major spike. People here are not realizing that a virus doesnít have a particular agenda it going to do what it is going to do. It doesnít care who or what you are. Iím a Fascist Pig and I could get infected like anybody else. The governor now says he will take proper measures if the cases double Why not now before it gets to that point? Iím not a fan of staying home all the time and wearing a mask when I need to go get groceries. But Iím doing it because I think Iím smart and rational enough to do what is necessary for myself and everyone else. I think Iím going to ask the virus what is youíre favorite type of music? Do you prefer paper of plastic at Walmart? What is youíre favorite food? FRIKIN insane.
Likes For Hondo Gravel:
Old 06-23-20, 07:33 PM
jack pot 
Fxxxxr

Bikes: wabi classic (stolen & recovered)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 644 Post(s)
Liked 310 Times in 212 Posts
the cases are coming out of edinburgh area and migrating north ... Brooks county has a few more cases ... mandatory masks in falfurrias austin . san antonio . houston are BAD > it's the H O N K Y TONKS
Old 06-23-20, 07:33 PM
CliffordK

Mentioned: 197 Post(s)
Quoted: 11765 Post(s)
Liked 1,064 Times in 828 Posts
Didn't the daily cases just double?

Is the governor waiting for them to double again?
Likes For CliffordK:
Old 06-23-20, 09:22 PM
FiftySix
I'm the anecdote.

Bikes: '13 Norco CityGlide 8IGH, '12 Schwinn "Speedster" Willy SS

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1022 Post(s)
Liked 1,006 Times in 701 Posts
Harris County (aka the Houston area) had a new mask order go into effect Monday June 22nd. Basically a different version of what we had before.

Mask up and go about your business. Not a big deal as long as you're in cool AC.
Old 06-23-20, 09:51 PM
Hondo Gravel
Viking Berserker

The San Antonio mayor has ordered masks when you go into diners and other businesses. For that to happen outside of the large metro areas the governor needs to make the order. Yes it has spiked exponentially more than doubled. I got a KISS mask so I’m styling and people like it if they are a fan and non fans like the mask as well. I seen some creative masks out there. Small town Texas mayors are usually buffoons that do nothing
Likes For Hondo Gravel:
Old 06-23-20, 10:37 PM
CliffordK

I've been watching the Oregon numbers tick up in June. I can see cases popping up all around, but it is hard to tell WHY.

Most of the cases have been to the north of Eugene. Locally, after averaging < 1 new case a day, we suddenly got a dozen yesterday. 8 of the new local cases are listed as "individual in their 20's, known EPI link".

It seems to me that about 90% of Oregon is at a level that if we could block re-importing the disease from other areas, then we could knock out the disease.

Unfortunately 10% of the state is HOPELESS. And, both California and Washington has a significantly greater problem with controlling the virus as someone will come from California, Washington, or even spread it from Portland.

So, no matter how careful, one runs a continuous risk of bringing in new local outbreaks.
Likes For CliffordK:
Old 06-24-20, 07:24 AM
roundypndr 
Been around the block

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked 50 Times in 39 Posts
Very low numbers in our county now, but then, some sort of really strong "flu" went through our county back December and January, and my hearing of numerous individuals having to take considerable time off from work, with a much longer recovery time as well.
Old 06-24-20, 08:31 AM
Drew Eckhardt 

Bikes: 97 Litespeed, 50-39-30x13-26 10 cogs, Campagnolo Ultrashift, retroreflective rims on SON28/PowerTap hubs

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 491 Post(s)
Liked 230 Times in 170 Posts
Originally Posted by Hondo Gravel View Post
Yup, not surprised. At the beginning most people were doing the right thing but after awhile everyone got careless. Now we have a major spike.
We can't differentiate between actual increased infections and more testing. Only hospitalizations matter.

People here are not realizing that a virus doesn’t have a particular agenda it going to do what it is going to do. It doesn’t care who or what you are. I’m a Fascist Pig and I could get infected like anybody else. The governor now says he will take proper measures if the cases double Why not now before it gets to that point?
Destroying people's jobs and businesses is a heinous travesty. Broke and bored people are ready to riot again when given an excuse.

The original point of the lockdowns was "flattening the curve," spreading the inevitable infections out over time so we don't run out of ventilators and kill people who could have been saved.

Government restrictions are unnecessary and undesirable as long as ICU occupancy isn't over 90%.

If you don't want COVID-19, stay home, have only non-perishable food delivered, and let it sit outside until the virus denatures. That's your choice. It's probably the wrong one when you're a young person with a family to support and low risk of death. It's the best course of action when you're a retired 80 year old who wants to see their great grandchildren born.

If you want to pack into a crowded bar with strangers then exchange bodily fluids that's also your choice. It's a bad idea like using addictive drugs, drinking too much, or eating too much.

In between, you might work (from home if possible), wear masks, stay six feet from people, not frequent indoor social settings like restaurants, and complete a quick weekly grocery shopping mission at stores requiring patrons to wear masks.

Last edited by Drew Eckhardt; 06-24-20 at 02:05 PM.
Likes For Drew Eckhardt:
Old 06-24-20, 09:26 AM
sirjag

Bikes: Giant Contend SL 1 Disc

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked 52 Times in 35 Posts
Wearing a mask is simple and the best thing you can do to help prevent the spread of virus. Choosing not too is horribly selfish. I have a wife that needed a new kidney in April, she couldnt possibly be more high risk. So I'm kinda sensitive to this issue.

JAG
edit: I live in Round Rock, north of Austin, and work in North Austin. Compliance, at best is 50%.
Old 06-24-20, 10:41 AM
Hondo Gravel
Viking Berserker

The hospitals are filling up as the numbers spike. So it isn’t just because there is more testing. Aw them there tryin tu maak uz slaaaaafus gets en duh keetchun bak meees a chicken poot pie wuman warz my tank top iz nids to showz uff my beer basketball gutz.

50% is what we are see here as well. I have stated many times I wear a mask even known I don’t care for it. I think I will listen to health professionals before I go down to the old oak tree and listen to Bubba and Bubbett give me a lesson on how the world is.
Likes For Hondo Gravel:
Old 06-24-20, 12:30 PM
bikecrate

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 524 Post(s)
Liked 152 Times in 95 Posts
Wanna' race? FL is trying its best to be number one. We are on mandatory mask in our area.
Likes For bikecrate:
Old 06-24-20, 12:54 PM
CliffordK

Originally Posted by bikecrate View Post
Wanna' race? FL is trying its best to be number one. We are on mandatory mask in our area.
Florida should get a significant boost when Trump does his fall RNC rally there.

North Carolina rejected them, so Florida welcomed them.

I suppose it depends whether Florida will have the same disinterest as Tulsa.
Likes For CliffordK:
Old 06-24-20, 01:50 PM
Hondo Gravel
Viking Berserker

Florida vs Texas in covid cases and how many prisoners we put to death It will be a close one.
Likes For Hondo Gravel:
Old 06-24-20, 03:14 PM
Biker395 
Seat Sniffer

Bikes: 2008 Scott CR1 Pro; 2006 Schwinn Fastback Pro and 1996 Colnago Decor Super C96; 2003 Univega Alpina 700; 2000 Schwinn Super Sport

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 673 Post(s)
Liked 448 Times in 202 Posts
Yikes. I hope this is some kind of joke ...

https://consequenceofsound.net/2020/...rock-festival/

Likes For Biker395:
Old 06-24-20, 03:23 PM
CliffordK

Originally Posted by Biker395 View Post

It sounds real, but apparently they're changing the name.

I'm surprised the concert, and "touring" is being allowed. "Groupies"?

Have to see what happens later this summer, but I think our local venues are dropping shows very quickly.
Old 06-24-20, 03:29 PM
CliffordK

Originally Posted by Hondo Gravel View Post
Florida vs Texas in covid cases and how many prisoners we put to death It will be a close one.
California is working on speeding up the process
Likes For CliffordK:
Old 06-24-20, 03:39 PM
Biker395 
Seat Sniffer

Bikes: 2008 Scott CR1 Pro; 2006 Schwinn Fastback Pro and 1996 Colnago Decor Super C96; 2003 Univega Alpina 700; 2000 Schwinn Super Sport

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 673 Post(s)
Liked 448 Times in 202 Posts
Originally Posted by CliffordK View Post

It sounds real, but apparently they're changing the name.

I'm surprised the concert, and "touring" is being allowed. "Groupies"?

Have to see what happens later this summer, but I think our local venues are dropping shows very quickly.
The variance in public behavior with this pandemic is interesting. From cowering under the covers to drunkenly sneezing on each other in music festivals. I just don't get it.

Old 06-24-20, 03:50 PM
CliffordK

The variance in public behavior with this pandemic is interesting. From cowering under the covers to drunkenly sneezing on each other in music festivals. I just don't get it.
Some people are 20 and immortal and don't know anybody older than 30 (parents don't count).

Others are 70 with diabetes and a heart condition.
Likes For CliffordK:
Old 06-24-20, 03:58 PM
Hondo Gravel
Viking Berserker

Herd Infection more like it. Donít listen to those bands anyways.
Likes For Hondo Gravel:
Old 06-24-20, 04:02 PM
79pmooney
A Roadie Forever

Bikes: (2) ti TiCycles, 2007 w/ triple and 2011 fixed, 1979 Peter Mooney, ~1983 Trek 420 now fixed and ~1973 Raleigh Carlton Competition gravel grinder

Mentioned: 100 Post(s)
Quoted: 2408 Post(s)
Liked 844 Times in 571 Posts
Wisconsin's feeling left out with all the news about Texas and Florida. This should bring them back into the limelight. And as they say, any news is good news.
Likes For 79pmooney:
Old 06-24-20, 04:34 PM
Hondo Gravel
Viking Berserker

Here, not going to leave Wisconsin out. A few years back I visited the Apostle Islands and went to the freshwater fishing hall of fame. So Wisconsin you are in the Florida, Texas and California competition.

Last edited by Hondo Gravel; 06-24-20 at 04:35 PM. Reason: Im hungry for some bratwurst
Old 06-24-20, 05:21 PM
CliffordK

Originally Posted by 79pmooney View Post
Wisconsin's feeling left out with all the news about Texas and Florida. This should bring them back into the limelight. And as they say, any news is good news.
Isn't Joe Biden hosting his basement convention in Wisconsin?
Old 06-24-20, 05:37 PM
Hondo Gravel
Viking Berserker

Originally Posted by CliffordK View Post
Isn't Joe Biden hosting his basement convention in Wisconsin?
Who is that? Is he bratwurst chef? I have no clue.
Old 06-24-20, 08:15 PM
Mad Honk 

Bikes: Trek 770, Trek 760, Schwinn Paramount, Patelli Professional, Othon Ochsner

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 456 Post(s)
Liked 347 Times in 264 Posts
Hondo,
Houston has 100 percent of it's hospital ICU beds filled as of tonight. Lack of paying attention to CDC guidelines is what we are experiencing. I have been under house arrest for twelve weeks now, and will welcome getting out on the bike again. But I am old and immune compromised and have all of the boxes checked for the Covid-19 checklist. So I continue to stay at home and only see folks by appointment only, and do distancing and masks. But staying safe is so easy. My wife is a Social Worker for Hospice and has a great problem with seeing those who really need her services because of Covid-19 rules. Here we have seen more cases in nursing homes than in the regular populations, but it still is a high risk situation for her, and for me as a secondary way. But there are still needs out there, and we need to have social protocols to control the spread of the virus. It does not seem to want to read anything that has been written to stop the spread. So it is up to us. Please be careful and stay safe. MH

Last edited by Mad Honk; 06-24-20 at 09:02 PM.
Likes For Mad Honk:
Old 06-24-20, 08:48 PM
flangehead

Bikes: 2017 Co-op ADV 1.1; ~1991 Novara Arriba; 1990 Fuji Palisade; mid-90's Moots Tandem

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 175 Post(s)
Liked 229 Times in 133 Posts
Originally Posted by Mad Honk View Post
Hondo,
Houston has 100 percent of it's hospital ICU beds filled as of tonight. .... So it is up to us. Please be careful and stay safe. MH
The situation is a little more complicated (https://www.houstonchronicle.com/new...y-15363724.php ) but I agree with your assessment. I think everyone will freak out when they start using black tags in triage.... I think at that point the public will crawl into a hole, regardless of what officials say. Youíre right, itís up to us.
Likes For flangehead:

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.