Go Back  Bike Forums > News & Suggestions > Forum Suggestions & User Assistance
Reload this Page >

Banned and not-Banned Sites/references?

Notices
Forum Suggestions & User Assistance Have a suggestion for the forums? Need help with the Forums? Post here.

Old 02-25-19, 01:18 PM
datlas 
Should Be More Popular

Bikes: 1986 Alpine (steel road bike), 2009 Ti Habenero, 2013 Specialized Roubaix

Mentioned: 560 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22571 Post(s)
Liked 8,918 Times in 4,152 Posts

Just wondering....we sometimes want to reference other sites and sometimes that's fine and sometimes it's not.

For example I can't even use the word r eddit all together. Is it banned because it's a competitor?

I also tried to link a short video from twitter but it would not show up. Curiously, the quote would show up and work. Not sure if that's a no-no or just a software glitch.

I know references to other "cycling forums" has been frowned upon, but what's the official policy?
Old 02-25-19, 03:02 PM
Rollfast
What happened?

Bikes: 3 Rollfasts, 3 Schwinns, a Shelby and a Higgins Flightliner in a pear tree!

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1835 Post(s)
Liked 292 Times in 255 Posts
The R site is just not deemed safe for linking here. If you search this section you might find that Carlton? had a lengthy discussion on the topic.

I think the bigger question is what it the official designation, Banned or Banned with a period on the end as some have the period yet have very recent posts.

And yes, I will ask a mod again about that one person. The banned members listings don't get updated often but thankfully it's because members are behaving and not getting banned lately...
Old 02-26-19, 03:08 PM
unterhausen
Randomhead

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 3,686 Times in 2,509 Posts
reddit is in the censor because spammers use it to post movies and reddit does nothing about it.

Spammers driving traffic there is a fairly large percentage of our spam traffic, and I for one am unapologetic about censoring the site name.
Old 02-27-19, 12:57 PM
Rollfast
What happened?

Bikes: 3 Rollfasts, 3 Schwinns, a Shelby and a Higgins Flightliner in a pear tree!

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1835 Post(s)
Liked 292 Times in 255 Posts
The OP has been here for 11+ years so I'm sure they remember all the troubles the site had before the current platform version was introduced. Thanks for explaining this, unterhausen.