Notices
Forum Suggestions & User Assistance Have a suggestion for the forums? Need help with the Forums? Post here.

Can't post using Firefox

Old 01-30-19, 05:59 PM
Ogsarg

Bikes: 2019 Specialized Roubaix Comp Di2, 2009 Roubaix, early 90's Giant Iguana

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 636 Post(s)
Liked 1,490 Times in 543 Posts
Can't post using Firefox

Just today I went to start a thread and when the window came up, the box for the title came up but none for the thread content. Tried several times on two different sub forums with same result. Using MS browser it works fine. Have never had that issue with Firefox before.
Old 01-30-19, 06:34 PM
Rollfast
What happened?

Bikes: 3 Rollfasts, 3 Schwinns, a Shelby and a Higgins Flightliner in a pear tree!

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1835 Post(s)
Liked 292 Times in 255 Posts
Which version are you using and are you fully updated?

I have four machines running the latrest version of FF 64, two on Win 7 and two with Linux Mint 19.1 (Tessa). I seem to be good.

My main problem with FF was having Outlook.live.com not liking to send or reply to messages, which I learned is an occasional glitch based on a bad update/upgrade.

Try starting FF in safe mode or without add-ons (refresh) and rebuild one add-on at a time.
Old 02-07-19, 01:24 PM
CliffordK

Mentioned: 217 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18320 Post(s)
Liked 4,489 Times in 3,338 Posts
Has this been resolved?

Have you checked that you haven't gotten yourself logged out? Perhaps log out and log back in?

I use Firefox regularly, and can post fine.

Any new security Add-Ons in Firefox?

I use NoScript, and have the following scripts enabled:
bikeforums.net
ajax.googleapis.com
googletagservices.com
Old 02-09-19, 04:43 AM
Rollfast
What happened?

Bikes: 3 Rollfasts, 3 Schwinns, a Shelby and a Higgins Flightliner in a pear tree!

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1835 Post(s)
Liked 292 Times in 255 Posts
Firefox is on version 65.0 as of January 29, and you may have some 'hiccups' at around the time the new updates are released.

If you haven't please do update, there were some important fixes that are worthwhile.

I don't know the member's situation well enough but I'm thinking scripts are not the problem.

And yes there may be a few issues with FF on Windows, usually with 32 bit machines.