Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets
Reload this Page >

GoPro 8 frame, compatible with "out front" mounts?

Search
Notices
Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets HRM, GPS, MP3, HID. Whether it's got an acronym or not, here's where you'll find discussions on all sorts of tools, toys and gadgets.

GoPro 8 frame, compatible with "out front" mounts?

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-20, 02:58 PM
AndreyT

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 244 Post(s)
Liked 55 Times in 30 Posts
GoPro 8 frame, compatible with upside-down "out front" mounts?

I'm looking for a frame/mount for GoPro 8 that would facilitate quick removal/reinstallation for charging, cleaning etc. I see that there are quite a few GoPro 8 frames offered on Amazon, but they all seem to employ the same general design feature: in order to remove or insert the camera one has to access the frame through a rear door, which opens simply by sliding it out of the frame. The door is held in place by a magnet or by what looks like a "spring-loaded ball" kind of latch. In my case I use K-Edge "out front" mount for the camera, which means that the camera is hanging upside down under the mount arm. I suspect that the aforementioned door might get shaken out of the frame and lost when the ride gets rough.

Anyone has any experience with these frames? Is that door fairly secure? Or is it easy to lose? Maybe there are some alternative frame designs out there?

Or should I just get a full GoPro-3-style protective housing?