Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Commuting
Reload this Page >

Thank you IRS

Search
Notices
Commuting Bicycle commuting is easier than you think, before you know it, you'll be hooked. Learn the tips, hints, equipment, safety requirements for safely riding your bike to work.

Thank you IRS

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-10, 03:24 PM
stringbreaker
stringbreaker

Bikes: specialized crossroads hybrid 2006 Raleigh Cadent 2 1971 Schwinn Varsity, 1972 Schwinn Continental, 1977 Schwinn Volare (frame)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Thank you IRS

Gonna get a new commuter/ touring bike compliments of my Uncle Sam. I'm getting the Windsor tourist from BD. I know its not a LHT but from all I have been told by some folks that own one they are a pretty decent bike and Tiagra components aint' junk. So now I can tear down the Volare and get that fabulous orange and gold flake powdercoat. Its gonna be a knockout when done.
Old 02-21-10, 03:32 PM
Timber_8

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 3 Posts
Uncle sam is giving you back your own money with no interest for using it all year. but congratulations anyway, it is always exciting to get a new commuter.
Old 02-21-10, 04:41 PM
cycle16v

Bikes: Cannondale, Giant, Specialized

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Congrats! I found it very nice too last year when US tax return turned out to be more than I expected and I paid off my commuter bike way early! So, no interest was applied to it either. Was very happy but, as mentioned above, I didn't care for US getting to borrow my money interest-free.
Old 02-21-10, 07:37 PM
wheel

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Timber_8
Uncle sam is giving you back your own money with no interest for using it all year. but congratulations anyway, it is always exciting to get a new commuter.
Yes and some poor folk receive double back what they paid into the system. :wink I made a 100% profit.

But no new commuter, more college and food.
Old 02-21-10, 08:35 PM
no1mad 
Thunder Whisperer

Bikes: '06 Kona Smoke

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 275 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
Be grateful. If they did pay interest, then they will tax the interest paid as income. I know, 'cuz it took the IRS longer than allowed by law to give my amended return last year a once over. They apologized for taking so long, and paid me interest. Then I get a letter about a week later stating the interest was considered income, so they (and the state) want to tax it.
Old 02-21-10, 08:47 PM
dzrthauler
I can - therefore, I do..

Bikes: '84 Motocruiser, '10 KHS TR 101

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Congrats on the Windsor... I've read good reviews on it as well! I am also getting a new commuter that isn't a LHT - I opted for the TR-101 from KHS: https://www.khsbicycles.com/05_flite_tr_101_10.htm
I pick it up tomorrow from my LBS. I look forward to seeing the powder work you are gonna have done!
Old 02-21-10, 08:55 PM
91MF
i'll probably break it

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
agreed. i'd rather be even or pay out at tax time. they have a place for holding your money - its called 'the bank.'
Old 02-21-10, 09:04 PM
stringbreaker
stringbreaker

Bikes: specialized crossroads hybrid 2006 Raleigh Cadent 2 1971 Schwinn Varsity, 1972 Schwinn Continental, 1977 Schwinn Volare (frame)

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Oh I know all that and I don't claim so I will get more money its just we were able to claim the kid in college this year and the energy rebates on all the money I spent this summer on the room and a bunch of other stuff that got me more back than usual. Next year will be a different story since we won't be able to claim the kid and no energy credits so I'm probably gonna have to pay. I'll take anything back I can.