Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Regional Discussions > Southeast
Reload this Page >

Hello from the Space Coast of Florida!!

Notices
Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia

Old 04-30-18, 07:25 PM
davethelefty

Bikes: Canyon Endurace CF SL, Cannondale Topstone 6, Co-op Cycles CTY 1.1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked 99 Times in 34 Posts

Hello all. Newbie to the forum but have been riding bikes practically my whole life. Former century rider facing the challenges of getting older, just retired from the workforce, and recovering from shoulder surgery. Trying to plug into the biking scene to see what riding folks are doing, what bikes they're riding, maintaining fitness, etc.

I admit to having a "thing" for rail-trails, ride them when I can. A retirement goal will be to ride rail-trails around the US. That would be after my shoulder is good again. I'm probably done with centuries, but restoring my bike fitness level to be able to ride long rail-trails and half or metric centuries is a goal. Before the surgery a good ride for me was 30 miles, so there's work to be done. Meanwhile I ride a recumbent stationary bike in the gym to maintain my fitness, and it's the MOST boring activity in the world.
Old 05-01-18, 11:09 AM
RonH
Life is good

Bikes: 2018 Lynskey Helix Pro

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 522 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
Hey Dave. Glad you made into the SE section. I'm near the Gulf coast (about 9 miles inland) and ride the Withlacoochee Trail (46 miles), the county bike trail (22 miles) and hoping to head over to the Suncoast Trail (41 miles) before it gets too hot. If you're ever over this way give us all a shout. Lots of retired folks riding over here. And good luck with the shoulder recovery.

I am a cyclist. I am not the fastest or the fittest. But I will get to where I'm going with a smile on my face.
Old 05-03-18, 04:29 PM
Baldy1953

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked 30 Times in 18 Posts
There are several nice trails in the orlando area. The withlacoochee trail is very nice. Rode it about a month ago.