Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Utility Cycling
Reload this Page >

Full Chaincase

Search
Notices
Utility Cycling Want to haul groceries, beer, maybe even your kids? You don't have to live car free to put your bike to use as a workhorse. Here's the place to share and learn about the bicycle as a utility vehicle.

Full Chaincase

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-18, 10:33 PM
agmetal

Bikes: Bianchi Volpe, ANT 3-speed roadster, New Albion Privateer singlespeed, Raleigh One Way singlespeed, Raleigh Professional "retro roadie" rebuild, 198? Fuji(?) franken-5-speed, 1937 Raleigh Tourist, 1952 Raleigh Sports, 1966 Raleigh Sports step-through

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 248 Post(s)
Liked 27 Times in 18 Posts
Originally Posted by Fenway
Nicely done. I wish I had known Dutch Bike Bits had those steel Pashley/Raleigh cotterless (cottered in appearance) crank army when I had purchased my chaincase years ago such that I wouldn't have had to cut a larger opening to clear the spider of a traditional cotterless crank arm.
Sadly, the crank wasn't quite what I had in mind, it didn't match the picture on the DBB site. I ultimately ended up replacing it with a SunXCD 50.4mm BCD crank, and one of the Velo Orange single chainrings for that size. I ended up having to mount the chainring on the inside of the flange of the crank arm instead of the outside, though, to get make it actually work with the chaincase.