Notices
Folding Bikes Discuss the unique features and issues of folding bikes. Also a great place to learn what folding bike will work best for your needs.

Swytch

Old 03-08-19, 02:34 PM
chagzuki

Bikes: Brompton, Dahon Vitesse D5

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I got my Swytch Brompton kit about a week ago. It’s been an interesting experience and the kit works well... however, as a newbie to electric systems my reaction is that a torque sensor is a necessity and that these cheapo solutions are a kludge. I’m happy with it given how little it cost me to back the crowdfunding campaign, but I wouldn’t pay the price they’re asking for it now.

I prefer the concept of the nano kit in terms of how the battery and controller connect through the block but fit inside a bag. Hi Mr.Motovator, interesting to see you on these forums.
Old 03-21-19, 09:47 AM
jfoldbronx

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I just got my Swytch kit and installed it on my 2 speed Brompton. It was a nice ride. When I checked my front tires the front wheel had a flat. There seems to be a problem with the marathon tires not doing well with the Swytch kit. I will have to install a regular Brompton tire and give it another go.
Old 03-25-19, 08:36 AM
chagzuki

Bikes: Brompton, Dahon Vitesse D5

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I put a Greenspeed Scorcher on mine. Curiously after riding for a few weeks I noticed it's extremely out of round, and I don't know if it was so from the installation or if there's something about the type of forces a motor exerts that can damage certain tyres. I'd have assumed not, but now I'm not sure.