Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Utility Cycling
Reload this Page >

Kona Ute Info?

Search
Notices
Utility Cycling Want to haul groceries, beer, maybe even your kids? You don't have to live car free to put your bike to use as a workhorse. Here's the place to share and learn about the bicycle as a utility vehicle.

Kona Ute Info?

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-18, 06:12 PM
speyfitter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked 19 Times in 14 Posts
Kona Ute Info?

For those who own/have owned Kona Ute I'd appreciate it if you can give me some info on the following:

Side Bags - I'm wondering if you can give me an opinion of them? How well do they stand up over time to repeated use and I'm very interested in their performance in rain/weather - I know if they are full loaded it looks like there is a gap on either side of the flap. How is the material in general in rain resistance? I noticed they don't have waterproof zippers. If you are smart about not over loading them from a volume stand point do they generally stand up? Any other comments on these bags welcomed. I know the price is right, but I know you also get what you pay for.....

Wheels - especially the rear wheel - I notice some cargo bike manufacturers have/offer 48 spoke count rear wheels, or at least rear wheels above 36 spokes. The Ute ahas 700 c wheel which his unusual for some cargo bikes which often use 26" or smaller wheels probably for strength but the Ute spec doesn't mention the spoke count on the wheels. How well do the wheels and spokes stand up on this bike?

Stock Kick stand - it's a double legged stand as you already know. I'm wondering how well this stand deals with weight like if you have a load on the back? Also how has the stand stood up in general?

Looking at a new Ute potentially and also cross shopping Yuba offerings with an open mind to other long or mid tails.