Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Zipp's wheel claims: do you believe them?

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Zipp's wheel claims: do you believe them?

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-07, 09:24 PM
Fat Boy
Wheelsuck

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DocRay
Engineering is one of the few professional degrees one can get without a practical exam. Good to know when you're driving home tonight and need to hit the brakes.
Bring it on, Doc.

You cannot become a professional engineer without taking a state certified exam. Having said that, the guy who designed your brakes probably wasn't a state licensed professional engineer and the truth of the matter is that billions of times a day people step on their car's brake pedal and the car stops. I've met _a lot_ of engineers and not nearly as many doctors. Even at that, the quack doctor to bad engineer ratio is a big number is stacked pretty heavily against the medical profession.

Last freakin' night my wife was at an emergency room with my 80+ year-old mother-in-law. She had shooting pains in her hip and couldn't walk. They tried to release her before my wife stepped in and put her foot down about taking X-rays. Oh ya, I guess she actually has a broken hip. 'We missed that'. She's in surgery as I write this. What's my wife's background? English degree.

My mother has high blood pressure and had a stroke. The quack doctor takes her off of a heavy duty blood pressure medicine and tells her to take a baby aspirin every day about a year later. It takes 2 weeks before she has another massive stroke.

My father has a bad back and a third quack doctor was writing him prescriptions for Oxycotin to the tune of about 120 pills every 2 weeks. I had to call that pr!ok and tell him that if he wrote another perscription he might as well call his lawyer because he was going to have a law-suit on his hands.

That's a sample of your profession, Doc, so how about we leave the 'high and mighty' sh!7 at home.
Old 10-05-07, 10:23 PM
operator
cab horn

Bikes: 1987 Bianchi Campione

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked 26 Times in 19 Posts
This is one of the stupidest ****ing threads i've seen on road cycling forums in a while. Can we stop this stupid e-dick waving yet?
Old 03-23-19, 06:55 PM
znomit
Zoom zoom zoom zoom bonk

Bikes: Giant Defy, Trek 1.7c, BMC GF02, Fuji Tahoe, Scott Sub 35, Kona Rove, Trek Verve+2

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 551 Post(s)
Liked 722 Times in 366 Posts
Originally Posted by xxxxxxxxxxxx
Bye.
Correct