Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Folding Bikes
Reload this Page >

Is 28Goods a reputable site?

Search
Notices
Folding Bikes Discuss the unique features and issues of folding bikes. Also a great place to learn what folding bike will work best for your needs.

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-24, 12:51 PM
tds101 
55+ Club,...

Bikes: 9+,...

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1129 Post(s)
Liked 857 Times in 599 Posts

I accidentally found a site situated in (I believe?) Hong Kong that ships to the USA that has quite a good selection of folders AND Mini Velos from around the world. The pricing for Dahon bikes is fantastic, and they carry models that aren't available to me normally. They only have one Fnhon available (but the bike is a solid contender, 9 speeds and all - bloody BEAUTIFUL!), and unfortunately the Tern selection is overpriced compared to what's available here in the USA. They even carry Java folders!!!

Now, my question is: are they a reputable site? Has anyone ordered from them? I know I might not be getting support for a purchase from them, but do they have any customer support for questions or problems? Anyone with experience who can provide information please let me know. Thanks!!!

https://28goods.com/
Old 04-07-24, 11:12 PM
Reddleman
iti biking

Bikes: Tern Link D8, much upgraded

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked 101 Times in 58 Posts
Not gonna lie, a Dahon Dash is very tempting…
Likes For Reddleman:
Old 04-08-24, 01:21 AM
splithub

Bikes: FSIR Spin 2.0/Spin 5.1 Noahhk iF10

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked 24 Times in 17 Posts
The watersports section seems consistent to me, i'm not so firm with prices of folding bikes, but a Tern Link Uno for 225€... not sure if this isn't too good to be true
Old 04-08-24, 02:00 AM
Duragrouch

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 849 Post(s)
Liked 461 Times in 368 Posts
Be cautious. About six months ago I ran across a site that looked exactly like the Filson company website, and a darned close web address like shopfilson.com I think, had amazing deals for like 20% list price, said were clearance priced, and yes, those items had been discontinued by Filson. I almost fell for it and ordered something via credit card. There was just a couple tiny things off, just enough to get me looking. In the About Us section, language just the tiniest bit stilted. I did reverse lookup of their phone number and it was a house in California. A constant dynamic showing a particular item just bought, and buyer first name and location. But if I watched long enough, it repeated. I checked them on a website that checked for fraud, it returned back something like a 2% confidence rating, highly suspect. I contacted the local Filson store, they said they knew nothing of the website. I told them they needed to bring this to the attention of the store manager to relay to Filson corporate. Website was still up for at least another month and then eventually disappeared. I almost got suckered.

Ah, here's the same thing, same item. Again, this is a SCAM:

28goods:

REGISTRATION PHONE NUMBER FOR THE ABOVE:

I LOOKED AT THEIR PRICES. PRICES NOT GREAT, RISK TOO HIGH, JUST MY OPINION.

Last edited by Duragrouch; 04-08-24 at 02:51 AM.
Likes For Duragrouch:
Old 04-08-24, 07:41 AM
tds101 
55+ Club,...

Bikes: 9+,...

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1129 Post(s)
Liked 857 Times in 599 Posts
I LOOKED AT THEIR PRICES. PRICES NOT GREAT, RISK TOO HIGH, JUST MY OPINION.
Yeah DG, I'm thinking the same thing. Unless someone here has a verified experience purchasing from them, I think I'll pass. If I do use PayPal, it would be guaranteed though. Still, who needs the stress?