Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Bicycle Mechanics
Reload this Page >

ALEKO bicycle repair stand model CJ01

Search
Notices
Bicycle Mechanics Broken bottom bracket? Tacoed wheel? If you're having problems with your bicycle, or just need help fixing a flat, drop in here for the latest on bicycle mechanics & bicycle maintenance.

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-14, 11:54 AM
betico

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I did not know if this was the right section to post it on but here is goes. has anyone had any experience with the Aleko Bicycle repair stand model cj01. Here is a link to what it looks like. I want to buy a repair stand but do not have much money to dish out for the > $100 stands. here is the link

Everhold Folding Bicycle Repair Stand,
Old 03-11-14, 01:10 PM
Hendo252 

Bikes: 1983 Trek 620, 2010 Roubaix

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by betico
I did not know if this was the right section to post it on but here is goes. has anyone had any experience with the Aleko Bicycle repair stand model cj01. Here is a link to what it looks like. I want to buy a repair stand but do not have much money to dish out for the > $100 stands. here is the link

I don't have any experience with the stand you link.

BUT -- if funds are limited, there may be other options.

If you are going to be working in a garage or carport, a rope thrown over the rafters (or hooks installed into the ceiling if it is finished) will give you 90% of the benefit of a stand for the cost of a few feet of rope. I worked this way for 20+ years and it works pretty well and you sure can't beat the cost. It does get a bit wiggly sometimes but you learn to deal with that very quickly.

If funds are limited, you will be better off investing in tools rather than a stand.... and don't forget finding space to stash the stand can be a hassle sometimes too.

My $0.02

-TH
Old 03-11-14, 01:40 PM
fietsbob
Banned

Bikes: 8

Mentioned: 197 Post(s)
Quoted: 7607 Post(s)
Liked 1,355 Times in 862 Posts
another one that I never heard of until someone mentions , here ..

but as a Type they are useful since you access both sides .
but it is only $40 so not much of a risk .

Be realistic , it would not be using the most heavy duty of materials as a result.

the race mechanics like the kind that allow access to both sides ,

though they often use ones that add a QR clamp in place of either wheel in addition to supporting the BB
as there are all sorts of frame shapes , but the wheels in them are a common denominator.
instead of that clamp over the downtube.

Last edited by fietsbob; 03-11-14 at 01:46 PM.
Old 03-13-14, 02:52 PM
Kotts
Recreational Commuter

Bikes: One brand-less build-up, and a Connondale Synapse Carbon Ultegra Disc. A nicer bike than I need, but it was a good deal, so... ;-)

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by betico

I had one of those. It wasn't worth what I paid for it. Any application of moderate force upward or laterally (loosening / tighenting rear brake pads, for example) and the bottom bracket hops out of the cradle so that the weight of the bike is hanging from the clamp on the downtube. I had to rig up a clamp that would hold the bottom bracket down to the cradle, which got in the way of working on derailleur cables.
Old 03-13-14, 07:26 PM
betico

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thank you so much yall. I have a small space to work in, 3x6 could yall recommend me a siutable repair stand for small spaces.