Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Mountain Biking
Reload this Page >

Bike Choice (XCM)…

Notices
Mountain Biking Mountain biking is one of the fastest growing sports in the world. Check out this forum to discuss the latest tips, tricks, gear and equipment in the world of mountain biking.

Bike Choice (XCM)…

Old 12-24-19, 10:06 AM
gontxo_nos

Bikes: Radon ZR Race 8.0

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Bike Choice (XCM)…

Hi, I am looking for a new Hardtail Bike for XCM and I am among these models:

https://www.radon-bikes.de/mountainb...alous-90-2020/
https://www.canyon.com/es-es/mountai...-8.0/2429.html
https://www.cube.eu/2020/bikes/mount...nnsilver-2020/
https://www.cube.eu/2020/bikes/mount...nnglossy-2020/

Which would you choose and why? I think that the CUBE Reaction is the one that has the best components in relation to its price...

Thanks!
Old 12-24-19, 08:42 PM
Steve B.

Bikes: Flyxii FR322, Cannondale Topstone, Miyata City Liner, Specialized Chisel, Specialized Epic Evo

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 3185 Post(s)
Liked 2,020 Times in 1,158 Posts
What’s “XCM” ?
Old 12-25-19, 08:11 AM
freeranger

Bikes: 06 Lemond Reno, 98 GT Timberline mtn.bike

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 421 Post(s)
Liked 690 Times in 430 Posts
Looking at one of the bikes, I'd guess cross country (XC) mountain biking (M). OP is from Spain, so maybe goes by diff. abbreviation than U.S. I cannot read the language of some of the links, so if OP sees I replied, I can't really pick one. Also, once you get to higher end bikes, most will meet our capabilities and needs. At some point it comes down to fit, feel, and maybe dealer support.
Old 12-25-19, 08:41 AM
Steve B.

Bikes: Flyxii FR322, Cannondale Topstone, Miyata City Liner, Specialized Chisel, Specialized Epic Evo

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 3185 Post(s)
Liked 2,020 Times in 1,158 Posts
Originally Posted by freeranger
Looking at one of the bikes, I'd guess cross country (XC) mountain biking (M). OP is from Spain, so maybe goes by diff. abbreviation than U.S. I cannot read the language of some of the links, so if OP sees I replied, I can't really pick one. Also, once you get to higher end bikes, most will meet our capabilities and needs. At some point it comes down to fit, feel, and maybe dealer support.
Thx. At some point riding a mt. bike got overly complicated. You had to pick from Cross-Country (XC), Trail, All Mountain, Enduro, Freeride and Downhill and likely a few others, not including all the BMX stuff. I have a Specialized Chisel. It's a hardtail and that's all I know or care to know. I ride it cross country on trails. Thus an "XCM" was beyond my ability to offer advise.
Old 12-25-19, 09:19 AM
freeranger

Bikes: 06 Lemond Reno, 98 GT Timberline mtn.bike

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 421 Post(s)
Liked 690 Times in 430 Posts
Agreed-when I started riding off road, there was: full rigid, hardtail (front susp only), dual susp, or downhill. I look at BMX as it's "own thing". Sure has grown into many specialized (no pun intended) designations over the years.
Old 12-28-19, 11:38 AM
PumpedUpKicks

Bikes: 2017 Santa Cruz Hightower C S+ Kit, 2020 Salsa Fargo Apex 1, 2015 Salsa Warbird Ti, Burley D'Lite double trailer

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked 16 Times in 11 Posts
Of the bikes you listed, I would buy the Canyon Exceed for two reasons: 1. The warranty is 3x longer than Cube and Radon. From what I have read, Canyon customer service is good and a 6 warranty is a good length. 2. The Canyon might not have the same component spec as the Cube, but the Canyon has Reynolds carbon wheels and the other non-proprietary components like the Raceface cockpit will be easier to sell should you decide to upgrade to carbon. Plus I LOVE the red and white color scheme. It just looks fast.