Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Cinelli Superstar disc, is it special?

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-19, 01:24 PM
masi61

Bikes: Puch Marco Polo, Saint Tropez, Masi Gran Criterium

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1163 Post(s)
Liked 442 Times in 315 Posts

I’m a long time Cinelli fan, having used their bars & stems for years. I’ve always admired their designs. They were always Made in Italy and worth the price you paid.

I’m a bit confused about their current bikes and wonder what folks think of them. I don’t get a hand made vibe from them now but it does appear that the designs are contemporary. I suspect that the Superstar disc frameset that I’m looking at is Taiwanese in execution. I’m not saying this is good or bad, just an observation. Cinelli seems to put out some artistic, modern graphics which I like. It is hard to tell the weights and if the frames use the best carbon fiber layups or is it just another generic carbon frame?

Please share your experience with the latest crop of Cinelli’s.
Old 01-26-19, 04:13 PM
Gconan

Bikes: Norco search xr

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 198 Post(s)
Liked 146 Times in 90 Posts
Frame and fork weight's are listed at their website.

https://www.cinelli-usa.com
Old 01-31-19, 11:16 AM
nextrider

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Cinelli is on the prestigious side and among the internationally better known Italian brands. I've not tried any recent Cinelli's but would hazard a bet they are perfectly good quality (rather than questionable or total bottom rung) and light, if not perhaps not superlight, carbon frames. Their pricing would reflect that too, similar to the pricing of Bianchi and Colnago entry carbon frames.
Old 01-31-19, 07:45 PM
Noctilux.95

Bikes: Bianchi Oltre XR4 Celeste, De Rosa SK Pininfarina, Giant TCR SL, Giant Revolt Advanced Revolt 0 Gravel Bike, Trek Madone SLR, Cervelo R5 Disk

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 376 Post(s)
Liked 124 Times in 65 Posts
Non of the low to mid level Italian bikes are made in Italy anymore. As a matter of fact majority of the high end Italian bikes like the Pinarello F10, Bianchi Oltre XR4, are made in Asia. Not that is matters, though.