Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Professional Cycling For the Fans
Reload this Page >

fantasy giro 2020 + general giro discussion

Search
Notices
Professional Cycling For the Fans Follow the Tour de France,the Giro de Italia, the Spring Classics, or other professional cycling races? Here's your home...

fantasy giro 2020 + general giro discussion

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-20, 04:11 PM
2cam16

Bikes: TRIMMED DOWN THE HERD

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1091 Post(s)
Liked 936 Times in 601 Posts
Originally Posted by ooga-booga
wow. tgh killing it. good for him. tomorrow's last stage....that pancake-flat tt will be exciting to watch the jai/tgh duel for the pink.

if tgh wins the giro, that may be enough for team MTBrider to snatch the pink jersey at the last possible moment.
Crossing my fingers for Tao! I didn't expect him to perform this good and get this far! I only chose him because I saw him in person at the 2018 Amgen and his performance as a domestique for Bernal that race caught my attention. lol
Likes For 2cam16:
Old 10-24-20, 04:27 PM
slcbob
bored of "Senior Member"

Bikes: Cross-Check/Nexus commuter. Several others for various forms of play.

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 642 Post(s)
Liked 593 Times in 453 Posts
It looks like I picked the wrong day to be stuck in a car driving from DC to Boston.
Likes For slcbob:
Old 10-25-20, 07:37 AM
one4smoke

Bikes: 2020 Specialized Roubaix Comp SC - 2016 Specialized Roubaix SL4 - 2015 Giant Roam 2 Disc

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 639 Post(s)
Liked 338 Times in 224 Posts
Originally Posted by GrainBrain
Oh Rohan made third to get me more points. I feel like one4smoke will pip me for Maglia Nera. I'll pull on my rainbow jersey and start celebrating before the line...
I do believe you will be right. I'll wear it proudly.
Old 10-25-20, 08:01 AM
GrainBrain

Bikes: LeMond Zurich, Giant Talon 29er

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 1221 Post(s)
Liked 629 Times in 472 Posts
Originally Posted by one4smoke
I do believe you will be right. I'll wear it proudly.
I don't know I'm trying to work some numbers out. I'm 66 points down on you, but as of this moment Campaenerts has the fastest time and I have Dennis as well. You'd think those two would place top five. But you have Fuglsang who's sixth on GC and Sagan who's second in points which counts for end of tour points?
Old 10-25-20, 08:32 AM
one4smoke

Bikes: 2020 Specialized Roubaix Comp SC - 2016 Specialized Roubaix SL4 - 2015 Giant Roam 2 Disc

Originally Posted by GrainBrain
I don't know I'm trying to work some numbers out. I'm 66 points down on you, but as of this moment Campaenerts has the fastest time and I have Dennis as well. You'd think those two would place top five. But you have Fuglsang who's sixth on GC and Sagan who's second in points which counts for end of tour points?
Noooooooo, I want the jersey! It'll make me look slimmer...
Old 10-25-20, 10:18 AM
GrainBrain

Bikes: LeMond Zurich, Giant Talon 29er

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 1221 Post(s)
Liked 629 Times in 472 Posts
for team ineos...could be time to cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war. free tgh!

*edit...oh ganna then? that's how it's gonna be? whatevs.*
This pretty much summed up this year's Giro! Incredible!

EF snagged the polka dots and a stage win, this year is looking OK for Vaughters.
Old 10-25-20, 02:03 PM
diphthong
velo-dilettante

Bikes: 85 pinarello treviso steel, 88 nishiki olympic steel. 95 look kg 131 carbon, 11 trek madone 5.2 carbon

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 1628 Post(s)
Liked 3,114 Times in 1,683 Posts
it's wrapped up! team USAZorro holds on in the last week to clinch the giro and accompanying pink jersey and the two-handed trophy!
team MTBrider made it a close one tho at the finish and takes a well-deserved second place.
that bottom step of the podium team is probably best not being mentioned at all in decent company.

in the hard-fought battle for cellar dweller supremacy, none shall pass team Riders On The Storm. nobody does it better...
at least for now. a valiant effort by team Malted Grains but alas! team ROTS will wear the coveted maglia nera for a least a year.

thanks to everyone that played and for suffering through a multitude of poor roster choices as well as the usual blizzard of horrible predictions.
ciao, baby!
Likes For diphthong:
Old 10-25-20, 02:53 PM
one4smoke

it's wrapped up! team USAZorro holds on in the last week to clinch the giro and accompanying pink jersey and the two-handed trophy!
team MTBrider made it a close one tho at the finish and takes a well-deserved second place.
that bottom step of the podium team is probably best not being mentioned at all in decent company.

in the hard-fought battle for cellar dweller supremacy, none shall pass team Riders On The Storm. nobody does it better...
at least for now. a valiant effort by team Malted Grains but alas! team ROTS will wear the coveted maglia nera for a least a year.

thanks to everyone that played and for suffering through a multitude of poor roster choices as well as the usual blizzard of horrible predictions.
ciao, baby!
YES!!! I'd like to THANK all those riders I chose (minus Sagan) that made this possible. You fellas suck...er... rock! You've made a dream come true.
(tears of ...happiness)
Likes For one4smoke:
Old 10-25-20, 03:52 PM
2cam16

Bikes: TRIMMED DOWN THE HERD

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Quoted: 1091 Post(s)
Liked 936 Times in 601 Posts

ciao, baby!
2020 just keeps on bringing it. I've never even been close to a podium before. Pure luck as I say. Fun times and thanks for setting this up!
Likes For 2cam16:
Old 10-25-20, 04:10 PM
USAZorro
Señor Member

Bikes: Mostly English - predominantly Raleighs

Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Quoted: 1491 Post(s)
Liked 1,090 Times in 638 Posts
MTBrider had me sweating bullets. ooga-booga is always a force. If poor Daryl hasn't been left to bleed out in a bathtub somewhere south of the equator, the kidney snatcher can't be left without surveillance.

Note to the Giro organizers. Yes, we've seen two GTs decided very late this year (which is not a bad thing), but two TTs is more than enough for even a three week race, imo.
Old 10-26-20, 01:08 AM
diphthong
velo-dilettante

Bikes: 85 pinarello treviso steel, 88 nishiki olympic steel. 95 look kg 131 carbon, 11 trek madone 5.2 carbon

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 1628 Post(s)
Liked 3,114 Times in 1,683 Posts
can't believe we actually made it to the true end of the giro with so many potential shutdown scenarios seemingly every other day.

excited to see the young bloods continuing to step up and push the old guard aside. this year has been a revelation.
Likes For diphthong:
Old 10-26-20, 06:43 AM
slcbob
bored of "Senior Member"

Bikes: Cross-Check/Nexus commuter. Several others for various forms of play.

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 642 Post(s)
Liked 593 Times in 453 Posts
can't believe we actually made it to the true end of the giro with so many potential shutdown scenarios seemingly every other day.

excited to see the young bloods continuing to step up and push the old guard aside. this year has been a revelation.
Indeed. il Squalo said as much. What a race!! I'm still stuck on the Stelvio but know how it all ends.

Brailsford is in the press saying enough of the defensive, smothering stuff, we're Grenadiers and we love to race and we're going to do that and be a hot racing mess in the future like the French teams but without all the losing (well, that's hyperbole, but only the last clause). Heck, maybe even USAZorro will be a fan.

I may follow that approach with my next season's picks; nothing to lose.

We've had our own share of meteoric rises and falls here, plus some good repartee here. It's been a refreshing change from being a Covid hermit.
Old 10-26-20, 07:29 AM
USAZorro
Señor Member

Bikes: Mostly English - predominantly Raleighs

Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Quoted: 1491 Post(s)
Liked 1,090 Times in 638 Posts
Originally Posted by slcbob
Indeed. il Squalo said as much. What a race!! I'm still stuck on the Stelvio but know how it all ends.

Brailsford is in the press saying enough of the defensive, smothering stuff, we're Grenadiers and we love to race and we're going to do that and be a hot racing mess in the future like the French teams but without all the losing (well, that's hyperbole, but only the last clause). Heck, maybe even USAZorro will be a fan.

I may follow that approach with my next season's picks; nothing to lose.

We've had our own share of meteoric rises and falls here, plus some good repartee here. It's been a refreshing change from being a Covid hermit.
Translation: There's been a pharmaceutical breakthrough.
Old 10-26-20, 11:59 AM
Flip Flop Rider

Bikes: 2010 Fuji Absolute 3.0 1994 Trek 850

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 762 Post(s)
Liked 555 Times in 322 Posts
4 spots from the bottom, I'll take it