Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Commuting
Reload this Page >

Question about Electra QR Low Profile Basket

Search
Notices
Commuting Bicycle commuting is easier than you think, before you know it, you'll be hooked. Learn the tips, hints, equipment, safety requirements for safely riding your bike to work.

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-17, 10:36 PM
AngieAkunya

Bikes: Electra Amsterdam Sport 9D

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I was wondering if any of y'all have had any experience with this basket? I want it for my Electra Amsterdam Sport. I'm getting a rear rack installed soon (I can't post links yet, but it's the rack made specifically for a ladies Amsterdam, can be found on their website) and was curious if it fits on the rear rack.

Also, I'm not entirely sure if I'm posting in the right place so please correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 05-24-17, 06:58 AM
BobbyG

Bikes: 2015 Charge Plug, 2007 Dahon Boardwalk, 1997 Nishiki Blazer, 1984 Nishiki International, 2006 Felt F65, 1989 Dahon Getaway V

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 1364 Post(s)
Liked 1,677 Times in 827 Posts
Originally Posted by AngieAkunya
I was wondering if any of y'all have had any experience with this basket? I want it for my Electra Amsterdam Sport. I'm getting a rear rack installed soon (I can't post links yet, but it's the rack made specifically for a ladies Amsterdam, can be found on their website) and was curious if it fits on the rear rack.

Also, I'm not entirely sure if I'm posting in the right place so please correct me if I'm wrong.
I feel bad that there haven't been any responses, but I did some digging around on the internet and didn't come up with anything. It just may not be a popular combo, or the people who buy this combo aren't big internet folks. My guess is that since the basket and the rack are both Electra accessories, there is a better chance than none that they will work together. The basket looks to have some quick-release setup, and mentions a specific width limit for the setup. It doesn't mention a maximum thickness for the rack, but that may be somewhat irrelevant based on the way the basket mounts.

Also, it has been my experience that there are more postings for problems than with non-problems. Since I didn't even find problems with this combination posted the internet, I am even more confident your setup will work.

It sounds like you are excited about bike commuting, so welcome to the forum and happy riding!
Old 05-25-17, 10:38 AM
AngieAkunya

Bikes: Electra Amsterdam Sport 9D

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BobbyG
I feel bad that there haven't been any responses, but I did some digging around on the internet and didn't come up with anything. It just may not be a popular combo, or the people who buy this combo aren't big internet folks. My guess is that since the basket and the rack are both Electra accessories, there is a better chance than none that they will work together. The basket looks to have some quick-release setup, and mentions a specific width limit for the setup. It doesn't mention a maximum thickness for the rack, but that may be somewhat irrelevant based on the way the basket mounts.

Also, it has been my experience that there are more postings for problems than with non-problems. Since I didn't even find problems with this combination posted the internet, I am even more confident your setup will work.

It sounds like you are excited about bike commuting, so welcome to the forum and happy riding!
oh there's no need to feel bad, don't worry! and yes I figured the same thing so I'm gonna go ahead and give it a shot. thank you~
Old 05-26-17, 08:51 AM
noglider 
aka Tom Reingold

Bikes: 1962 Rudge Sports, 1971 Raleigh Super Course, 1971 Raleigh Pro Track, 1974 Raleigh International, 1975 Viscount Fixie, 1982 McLean, 1996 Lemond (Ti), 2002 Burley Zydeco tandem

Mentioned: 511 Post(s)
Quoted: 7348 Post(s)
Liked 2,465 Times in 1,433 Posts
My neighborhood has lots of bike commuters and shoppers. I see people using baskets like this one. It makes sense. You could carry a tote bag or backpack and drop it in the basket. If you're concerned it will fall out, you could use a bungee cord or a net.

“When man invented the bicycle he reached the peak of his attainments.” — Elizabeth West, US author

Please email me rather than PM'ing me. Thanks.