Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Regional Discussions > Eastern Canada
Reload this Page >

montreal road bike rentals...

Search
Notices
Eastern Canada New Brunswick | Newfoundland and Labrador | Nova Scotia | Ontario | Prince Edward Island | Quebec

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-09, 02:54 AM
diphthong
velo-dilettante

Bikes: 85 pinarello treviso steel, 88 nishiki olympic steel. 95 look kg 131 carbon, 11 trek madone 5.2 carbon

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1627 Post(s)
Liked 3,113 Times in 1,683 Posts

hi! will be visiting your fair city for the second time (first time was in july 2000). my biggest regret
was not riding mont royal and the lachine canal bike path. will be visiting end of september and
looking for a quality road bike for rental. likely to be staying somewhere between the atwater market
area and old montreal. my attempts at french could get me arrested, beaten or both so a store/staff
that speaks english (even grudgingly) is preferred. so far, i've only been able to find mostly
hybrid bikes for rent online. looking for something (giant/cannondale/cervelo/specialized et al) in the
us/canadian $1500+ range to assist my meager, personalized attempt to recreate the 1974 world
championship race. any info or experience with the stores in that general
area is greatly appreciated. thanks for your time.
Old 07-15-09, 10:48 AM
AndrewP

Bikes: Peugeot Hybrid, Minelli Hybrid

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Cycle Technique is on Notre Dame just E of Atwater (514) 937-3626. Its a helpful shop but I dont know if they do rentals.
Old 07-18-09, 03:20 PM
RHoude

Bikes: Cannondale Adventure 400 + Gazelle Medeo

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ooga-booga
hi! will be visiting your fair city for the second time (first time was in july 2000). my biggest regret
was not riding mont royal and the lachine canal bike path. will be visiting end of september and
looking for a quality road bike for rental. likely to be staying somewhere between the atwater market
area and old montreal. my attempts at french could get me arrested, beaten or both so a store/staff
that speaks english (even grudgingly) is preferred. so far, i've only been able to find mostly
hybrid bikes for rent online. looking for something (giant/cannondale/cervelo/specialized et al) in the
us/canadian $1500+ range to assist my meager, personalized attempt to recreate the 1974 world
championship race. any info or experience with the stores in that general
area is greatly appreciated. thanks for your time.
Hi,

Give David a call at Ma Bicyclette at 514.998.6252. His shop is located on the Lachine Canal, right across from the Atwater Market.

He might be able to find what you need.

Ron
Cycling Vacation the Bike & Boat Way
Old 07-21-09, 03:43 PM
dbc

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Don't have too much experience with bike rentals, but it may be tricky to rent something in the $1k+ area. Check out these guys, https://caroulemontreal.com/en/, in Old Montreal. English should not be a problem in Old Montreal. In times past, I've seen mostly a hybrid fleet, but road bikes are supposedly a new addition.

I keep passing by Ma Bicyclette on the Canal, but have never taken a good look at their fleet. The vague impression I got were a set of cruisers. But you can't beat that location.

Make sure to have fun climbing Mont Royal. Remember to cross from East to West and be careful at the narrow section between the lookout and the summit.

Ah, that reminds me - I've never climbed up the slope towards Universite de Montreal / Polytechnique. Perhaps I should do my own World Championship course ride.
Old 08-21-09, 12:33 AM
diphthong
velo-dilettante

Bikes: 85 pinarello treviso steel, 88 nishiki olympic steel. 95 look kg 131 carbon, 11 trek madone 5.2 carbon

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 1627 Post(s)
Liked 3,113 Times in 1,683 Posts
thank you to dbc, RHoude & AndrewP for your help! if you're ever in the southern
california area and want places to ride, i've got some tips. thanks again & happy riding!