Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

"The Facilitators" Thread - Post here if you're willing and able!

Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

"The Facilitators" Thread - Post here if you're willing and able!

Old 11-08-20, 12:59 AM
Korina
Happy banana slug

Location: Arcata, California, U.S., North America, Earth, Saggitarius Arm, Milky Way

Bikes: 1984 Araya MB 261, 1992 Specialized Rockhopper Sport, 1993 Hard Rock Ultra, 1994 Trek Multitrack 750, 1995 Trek Singletrack 930

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1524 Post(s)
Liked 1,513 Times in 906 Posts
New to this; we're looking to purchase a bike in St. Louis, MO and have it transported to Arcata, CA. The thought would be to have a kind C&Ver transport it to a bike shop for packing and shipping, but there are 19 bike shops in St. Louis.

Are there any kind souls in the area who are familiar with the process and know which shop would be best? We'd be willing to pay for your gas and time.
Old 12-07-20, 09:41 AM
alexihnen 

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 189 Post(s)
Liked 472 Times in 200 Posts
Bennington, NH...anyone close enough to pick up a frame?
Old 12-07-20, 04:49 PM
Senrab62 
It's the little things

Bikes: Too many, yet not enough

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 278 Post(s)
Liked 325 Times in 146 Posts
Sutton UK

Anyone have a contact in Sutton or even London? Would be willing to compensate if need be. Thanks
Old 12-08-20, 12:38 PM
prairiepedaler
Banned.

Bikes: Looking for "the One"

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 320 Times in 212 Posts
Vancouver Island Member

Is there a Vancouver Island member in the house?
Old 12-19-20, 02:57 PM
no67el

Bikes: How many is too many?

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Liked 173 Times in 83 Posts
Hey I'm looking for a ride for a bike from Brooklyn NY to Vermont--- anyone headed up to the mountains for ski vacation?

N
Old 12-21-20, 02:48 PM
jafran456

Bikes: Cannondale System6, Cannondale M300, Raleigh Racing USA Grand Prix, Trek 600

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Albuquerque, NM

Anyone near the northeast part of Albuquerque, NM that can pick up a bike, package it, and ship it to me in Tulsa, OK? Thanks.
Old 12-22-20, 07:21 AM
illenvillain

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
Anyone near Wayland (Boston)?
Old 12-23-20, 11:11 PM
prairiepedaler
Banned.

Bikes: Looking for "the One"

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 320 Times in 212 Posts
Originally Posted by prairiepedaler
Is there a Vancouver Island member in the house?
The bike I was interested in out there was too small by one size apparently.
Old 01-12-21, 10:54 PM
cudak888 
www.theheadbadge.com

Bikes: https://www.theheadbadge.com

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Quoted: 2401 Post(s)
Liked 4,350 Times in 2,075 Posts
I'm back at it, finding bikes in California (again). This time though, I'm looking to find someone in San Jose, if possible.

PM if you can help!

-Kurt

Old 01-29-21, 09:56 PM
SchRadler

Bikes: 1985 Nishiki Riviera GT, 1984 Trek 720

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked 73 Times in 39 Posts
Seems like a bit of a longshot, but anyone in the Shenandoah Valley in Virginia? Or traveling through there on 81? I'm interested in a blue bike from the Blue Ridge.

The nearest high-quality LBS that I could find online was in Harrisonburg, unfortunately about 40 minutes SE of the seller's location. PMs welcome if you're traveling in that direction and would be willing to pick up a bike and drop it at the LBS for packing (or if you'd like to pack it yourself!). Happy to compensate you for your time.

And, I'm willing to facilitate for others for bikes in / around Grand Rapids, Michigan. I'm still pretty new at this, but I'd be willing to do basic due diligence on a bike in this area and bring it to the LBS for packing and shipping.
Old 03-14-21, 09:57 AM
mnmkpedals 

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by francophile
Hey, replying back with a response is actually quite helpful, thanks for that. I don't think we're in a rush, maybe we'll get lucky and someone within an hour of ATL will be available.

I can get a free box from the LBS but I have zero foam noodle, enough tape to do one more set of bars, somewhere between 5-7 zip ties, and zero hours of free time every day between work and two kids schooling from home

Hi Reaching to the ATL vicinity facilitators--- curious if any of you are free to possibly assist with a whole bike? Its north fulton/roswell area, and I know ATL is a big range so not sure if anyone is up that way specifically to facilitate with ease?

Last edited by mnmkpedals; 03-14-21 at 10:25 AM.
Old 03-15-21, 06:23 PM
francophile 
PM me your cotters

Mentioned: 80 Post(s)
Quoted: 1137 Post(s)
Liked 588 Times in 420 Posts
Originally Posted by mnmkpedals
Hi Reaching to the ATL vicinity facilitators--- curious if any of you are free to possibly assist with a whole bike? Its north fulton/roswell area, and I know ATL is a big range so not sure if anyone is up that way specifically to facilitate with ease?
Now that daf1009 passed away (RIP, Duane), the only other members up north I've ever been aware of are leicanthrope , roadscrape , embankmentlb Ryvers and Force

I'm near the heart of downtown, we have a few folks towards Stone Mountain/Tucker area and therabouts, and one or two in the around Sandy Springs but I don't want to tag the whole dang forum

That said, due to medical stuff I've been heavily limiting human interaction until I can complete a full round of C-19 vax. I'm still about a month out. But I don't box bikes anymore - too much of a PITA - so best I could do would be heading out to pick up, then hooking you up with the trusty staff at my LBS to have them pack and ship. Usually runs about $75-90 on packing and $60 on shipping if I recall. Had to do this with a frameset cocoabeachcrab bought a few months back, he can comment on cost and his opinion of my LBS team. I personally think they're awesome, I've used them on several eBay sales and never had anyone complain.

Old 03-15-21, 08:23 PM
Roger M
Banned.

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 469 Post(s)
Liked 2,439 Times in 646 Posts
Elk grove facilitater?

Is there anyone near Elk Grove, California that could check a bike out and possibly ship?
Old 03-15-21, 09:52 PM
mnmkpedals 

Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by francophile
Now that daf1009 passed away (RIP, Duane), the only other members up north I've ever been aware of are leicanthrope , roadscrape , embankmentlb Ryvers and Force

I'm near the heart of downtown, we have a few folks towards Stone Mountain/Tucker area and therabouts, and one or two in the around Sandy Springs but I don't want to tag the whole dang forum

That said, due to medical stuff I've been heavily limiting human interaction until I can complete a full round of C-19 vax. I'm still about a month out. But I don't box bikes anymore - too much of a PITA - so best I could do would be heading out to pick up, then hooking you up with the trusty staff at my LBS to have them pack and ship. Usually runs about $75-90 on packing and $60 on shipping if I recall. Had to do this with a frameset cocoabeachcrab bought a few months back, he can comment on cost and his opinion of my LBS team. I personally think they're awesome, I've used them on several eBay sales and never had anyone complain.
Thanks for the leads. And yeah, I am basically try to get a drop off at an LBS for packaging. But if you are downtown, that's a bit of a hike out there to Roswell, and a tall ask. I am still working on some friend of a friend of a friend type contacts down that way through family in Nashville, and am crossing my fingers......
Old 03-16-21, 07:10 AM
francophile 
PM me your cotters

Mentioned: 80 Post(s)
Quoted: 1137 Post(s)
Liked 588 Times in 420 Posts
Originally Posted by mnmkpedals
Thanks for the leads. And yeah, I am basically try to get a drop off at an LBS for packaging. But if you are downtown, that's a bit of a hike out there to Roswell, and a tall ask. I am still working on some friend of a friend of a friend type contacts down that way through family in Nashville, and am crossing my fingers......
Roswell isn't a horrible drive during non-rush-hour traffic and I've got a pickup, which sucks on gas, but is easy for hauling things around without a rack/carrier and getting into more-fun offroad riding spots. One of my best friends lives near the intersection of Holcomb Bridge and Warsaw Rd and I always look for excuses to head out his way, I actually had to drop off a Razesa frame with NHmtb two blocks away just before the pandemic went full lockdown the first time.

Mind you, Roswell goes waaaay up there, there's one flipper I know, Chris, that's up in NW, like, somewhere around Roswell High School, it's a good 45 minute drive for me to get to his place, but we can usually work out meeting at Dobbins for handoffs which is nice. I'll just say, if you're having to call on family in Nashville and crap like friend-of-friend-of-friend nonsense, if it's a simple no-hassle pickup, I don't mind handling for you. Just don't want to drive 1hr each way to sit around and wait for someone I hope shows up etc. Happy to get you in contact with my LBS via email if you want to chat w/them 1st too. PM me with some details.

Old 03-18-21, 02:59 PM
cudak888 
www.theheadbadge.com

Bikes: https://www.theheadbadge.com

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Quoted: 2401 Post(s)
Liked 4,350 Times in 2,075 Posts
Looking for someone to facilitate in San Luis Obispo, or someone heading down from SLO to Los Angeles (Pico Rivera area) who can drop off a bike with another C&V facilitator.

Now looking for someone in Sacramento.

-Kurt

Last edited by cudak888; 05-31-21 at 08:28 AM.
Old 04-07-21, 09:19 AM
beicster 

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 360 Post(s)
Liked 310 Times in 183 Posts
Kinda thinking about a frameset in Portland, OR. Anyone up there willing to pick up, pack and ship a bike? I have never tried this before so if there are other options, I am open to that was well.
Old 04-08-21, 07:27 AM
implayaz

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Looking at a frame in Seattle. Can anyone ship it to me here in Vegas?
Old 04-09-21, 10:04 PM
Slowride79

Bikes: 50s, 60s, 70s Nottingham/Worksop bikes, becanes, Gitane, Bertin, Lion of Sochaux

Quoted: 145 Post(s)
Liked 120 Times in 75 Posts
Hello everyone, looking for help with a bike in Los Angeles (Mount Washington area). Would like to ask for assistance to inspect and either ship to me or deliver to local trusted bike shop for pack and ship. It’s a grail bike that for once is my size. Will compensate for time,gas, materials. Maybe I have some parts you need. Many thanks.
Old 04-09-21, 10:12 PM
malcala622

Bikes: 1983 Basso Gap...2013 Colnago CX-1...2015 Bianchi Intenso

Mentioned: 89 Post(s)
Quoted: 1192 Post(s)
Liked 1,324 Times in 706 Posts
Originally Posted by Slowride79
Hello everyone, looking for help with a bike in Los Angeles (Mount Washington area). Would like to ask for assistance to inspect and either ship to me or deliver to local trusted bike shop for pack and ship. It’s a grail bike that for once is my size. Will compensate for time,gas, materials. Maybe I have some parts you need. Many thanks.
I can help in Los Angeles. I'm about 30 minutes southeast of Mount Washington. PM me.
Old 04-09-21, 10:40 PM
Medium Size Dog

Bikes: 98 Trek 6000 MTB, 70's mutant St. Etienne

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked 49 Times in 32 Posts
Hope you're finding the assistance you need. I'm near the Mt. Washington area and willing to help. Don't know if they pack and ship but within 10-15 minutes of there are Budget Pro Bikes in Eagle Rock, Coco's Variety in LA and Bicycle Land in Glendale. They're good people I'm glad to do business with.
Old 04-10-21, 04:45 AM
smontanaro 

Bikes: many

Mentioned: 61 Post(s)
Quoted: 1434 Post(s)
Liked 1,362 Times in 747 Posts
Originally Posted by Medium Size Dog
Don't know if they pack and ship but within 10-15 minutes of there are Budget Pro Bikes in Eagle Rock, Coco's Variety in LA and Bicycle Land in Glendale. They're good people I'm glad to do business with.
I'd be surprised if Coco's wouldn't pack and ship a bike.
Old 04-10-21, 09:36 AM
Slowride79

Bikes: 50s, 60s, 70s Nottingham/Worksop bikes, becanes, Gitane, Bertin, Lion of Sochaux

Quoted: 145 Post(s)
Liked 120 Times in 75 Posts
Originally Posted by Medium Size Dog
Hope you're finding the assistance you need. I'm near the Mt. Washington area and willing to help. Don't know if they pack and ship but within 10-15 minutes of there are Budget Pro Bikes in Eagle Rock, Coco's Variety in LA and Bicycle Land in Glendale. They're good people I'm glad to do business with.
Hello Medium Size Dog, thank you for the offer to help. I reached out to Malcala622 and he’s going to help me out. Thanks also for the bike shop suggestions.
Old 04-24-21, 05:20 PM
malcala622

Bikes: 1983 Basso Gap...2013 Colnago CX-1...2015 Bianchi Intenso

Mentioned: 89 Post(s)
Quoted: 1192 Post(s)
Liked 1,324 Times in 706 Posts
Disregard

Last edited by malcala622; 04-25-21 at 01:10 PM.
Old 05-12-21, 04:40 PM
gravelinmygears 

Bikes: 64 Cinelli, 81 Merz, Haral

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Liked 144 Times in 69 Posts
San Francisco!

Need help buying and shipping a bike from the mission district to Albuquerque.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.