Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Cheap Full Finger Gloves (non-winter)

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-20, 04:01 PM
UniChris

Bikes: 36" Unicycle, winter knock-around hybrid bike

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 930 Post(s)
Liked 393 Times in 282 Posts

Anyone else wear full finger gloves year round? I just found that the half finger ones were as much bother as benefit, and I generally like the idea of full sun protection.

Unfortunately, I trashed one of my cheap-ecommerce pairs from "Zoukki" doing an unexpectedly messy household chore after a ride, the other is wearing out, and that particularly meaningless label appears to no longer be playing middleman.

So basically I have to roll the dice again.

I'm looking for something that goes from cool (but not cold) weather to hot, offers a little abrasion protection, and which I can generally forget I'm wearing.

And hopefully which does not bleed black die all over my hands when exposed to sweat, like one more substantial pair I bought and abandoned...
Old 07-31-20, 01:13 AM
Toespeas

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Liked 44 Times in 41 Posts
i scores some mechanix gloves at wal mart for 7 bucks regular price is like 15 , , i also like milwaukee work gloves , anything cheap and light i usualy use in the fall or spring before its tool hot or too cold !
Likes For Toespeas:
Old 07-31-20, 06:41 AM
BobbyG

Bikes: 2015 Charge Plug, 2007 Dahon Boardwalk, 1997 Nishiki Blazer, 1984 Nishiki International, 2006 Felt F65, 1989 Dahon Getaway V

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 1364 Post(s)
Liked 1,677 Times in 827 Posts
Last fall my wife insisted I buy and wear work gloves when performing small household repairs (and I assume bike repairs, but she didn't specifically say "bike").

There are all kinds of breathable lightweight gloves with varying levels of protection and padding where it's needed.

The cost varies, and you may have to pay a little more for ones that won't leak dye, but then you are only paying half as much for tires as most of us.
Old 07-31-20, 07:29 AM
skidder
Pennylane Splitter

Bikes: Yes

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1802 Post(s)
Liked 1,439 Times in 989 Posts
See what's available at your local big-box home center in the tool section. You should be able to get something for $15-20 that'll wear well (cheaper gloves just fall apart). I use a pair I bought at my local Home Depot for winter riding here in Southern California; its chilly but not 'cold' here in mid-winter. I still wear half-finger gloves in summer.
Old 07-31-20, 07:35 AM
Shimagnolo

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 3375 Post(s)
Liked 5,514 Times in 2,857 Posts
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Firm-Gri...3003/204821677
Old 07-31-20, 08:02 AM
DrIsotope
Non omnino gravis

Bikes: Nekobasu, Pandicorn, Lakitu

Mentioned: 119 Post(s)
Quoted: 4905 Post(s)
Liked 1,731 Times in 958 Posts
Pedal Industries SuperLight Race Gloves
Castelli Lightness

Some hunting can find the Pearl Izumi PRO Aero full finger gloves, now discontinued. I have two pair and no complaints.
Old 09-16-20, 06:11 PM
UniChris

Bikes: 36" Unicycle, winter knock-around hybrid bike

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 930 Post(s)
Liked 393 Times in 282 Posts
Sorry, lost track of this thread. Came back and looked at those online, then rode over to my nearest home depot. At first I couldn't find the $10 3-pack and got fairly tempted by the single pair for $10, then I finally found the three pack. Trying them on, I became a little more hesistant... they could work, but I started to wonder what they were accomplishing. The loose weave fabric on the back didn't seem like it would do much sun wise, the palm probably would provide a little abrasion protection in a fall, couldn't decide if they'd offer any warmth, or be too hot on hotter days.

Grumble grumble grumble. I want more of what I decided to stop thinking about and simply wear, and they're gone. Grumble grumble grumble.

Actually I haven't ruled out the home depot ones, figured having an excuse to ride out there again is not the least bit bad. And maybe I roll the dice on another brand of cycling ones online.

Still need to find something for real frozen fingers temps, too... but that's another topic.
Old 09-16-20, 06:25 PM
Helldorado

Bikes: Cervelo Aspero Apex1x 2020; Giant Escape Disc modified commuter 2021

Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Liked 80 Times in 44 Posts
Search online for "full finger summer cycling gloves" and you'll find lots of options, most of them < $35. I only used the full finger ones - the light ones breathe just fine but protect much better than the traditional half finger ones. Just like jerseys - the more sun and heat, the more I cover up - rarely wear short sleeves at all any more.
Old 09-16-20, 06:28 PM
havighurst

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I have the Inbike brand from Amazon. They are a full fingered cycling glove. I have found them to be comfortable. At $19, it might be more than you want to spend.

https://www.amazon.com/INBIKE-Cyclin...NsaWNrPXRydWU=