Go Back  Bike Forums > The Racer's Forum > Cyclocross Racing
Reload this Page >

West Coast Cyclocross Points Presteige

Notices
Cyclocross Racing Discuss pro racing, the big races, and even the small backyard races. Don't forget to update all the members with your own race results.

Old 07-03-19, 12:43 AM
skyemcd

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

This is an interesting race series.

5 races in one mid-august weekend. All USAC with the possibility of getting good points for nationals.

I am debating whether I should go to this series or not, its 12 hours of driving from Seattle. Probably more with traffic.

More importantly, I don't know that I could perform well enough to get worthwhile points for nationals. 5 races in 3 days seems like a lot.

I already have 7 USAC races in my area that I am planning to attend but who knows what will happen.

Do you think its worth it to make the trek and spend the money to get there?
Old 08-05-19, 07:28 PM
ziggie204

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I don't get it. The rest of the country does just fine sanctioning and running their events. They say it's the cost. . . but we have plenty of events here, my club holding both on and off road events and we cover the costs plus some. At face value, I feels to me like the promoters primary motive is making money. That's fine, but it's a disservice to the racers. If the west coast doesn't want to sanction events, let's keep in the Midwest and the East where USA cycling is supported. I for one won't be flying to the far corner of the country this December. Trek Cup will be my Nats.
Old 08-19-19, 10:52 PM
rfmarotti

Bikes: 2015 Redline Conquest Elite; 2014 Fuji Tahoe 1.1 27.5er; 2006 Scott Speedster S30 (sold); 2001 Specialized S-Works CX; 1990 Trek 750 (sold); 1999 Bianchi Volpe; 1988 Bianchi Campione D'Italia.

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
All promoters are running a business and want to make money at least as a secondary concern, but I have raced in the non-USAC-sanctioned local series this same promoter runs for the last three years (and they have been running it longer than that). The husband and wife team that runs it simply loves cycling. This was not a cash grab. I am sad that I just moved to SoCal and wasn’t able to race with the 4/5s at all 5 races. Whether it strategically makes sense for the OP is a moot point now. The idea that cyclocross should stay in the Midwest and East is a truly galaxy-brain take that is ultimately anti-cyclocross. This same promoter tried to have a blended sanctioned and amateur event, and USAC shut them down. The real problem is the cycling bureaucracy, not this promoter.