Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electric Bikes
Reload this Page >

Post your e.bike pictures here.

Notices
Electric Bikes Here's a place to discuss ebikes, from home grown to high-tech.

Post your e.bike pictures here.

Old 06-14-08, 11:27 AM
martin1973

Bikes: Cannondale Super V 600

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
My Cyclone EXP

My Cyclone EXP

Hi members,
i got myself a 650 watt cyclone kit about 1 year ago and before even riding a single minute have done some serious reengineering to solve the following:

1. In tough terrain the motor overheated quite often. I´ve machined a new motor housing out of a solid aluminium block and integrated cooling fins.
2. The freewheels are not sealed so dirt can easily get inside. By making a protective housing for the freewheel that now features shim rings no water or dust can now damage the inside.
3. The original motor mount was replaced by a new one made out of aircraft aluminium. The clamps that hold it to the frame are also made out of one solid piece.
4. Yes, the planetary gear box is now 47mm shorter thus enabeling me to fit the motor inside the bikes frame at the center of gravity. This was another month of work using mill and lathe.
5.The battery box at the bikes back is also made out of metal and holds things in place even when jumping around off road.
6. All the wires that go in and out of the motor / controller were replaced by highly flexible silicon cables and this time water stays out.
7. This is off topic, but the headlight features a 5 watt LED with a custom built dimmer and was also made out of a solid block of aluminium.

... and how does it work. I love it. I know i´m bragging a bit, but after almost 900 hours of work in my machine shop this setup really gets things going. To this day i´ve ridden more then 3700 Km under hardest off road conditions here in Spain at high temperatures. Nothing failed on me to this day. But i must say the way i got this kit it would have probably died on me after a short ridden distance. I also wrote Paco ( The guy at Cyclone ), sent him pictures and never got an answer. But hey, they didn´t design this thing anyway!!! Check out headline electronics under:

https://www.headline-motor.com

Last edited by martin1973; 06-14-08 at 01:55 PM.
Old 06-16-08, 07:59 AM
tapholov

Bikes: A normal Norco 700C thing, my slow bike, that I use during the day in traffic. My first e-bike, with 2 50W goldenwheels hub motors, I call it my tractor. A different e-bike built 2008 winter, front/back suspension, 3 sets of chains. New/old set-up.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Hey Martin,

I really like the set-up. Nothing like having a rear suspension at high speed!

And the planetary gear takes care of that 10 to 1 problem. Great, efficient, light.

I also had that chainring on my e-bike at first but because I had to do the demultiplication through it, I actually had to had another chain and a freewheel atop the freewheel in order to pedal so I discarded it.

The use of chains and locking bearing does have it's drawback however. The Klonk-klonk noise when applying pedal power or accelerating with the motor requires a little smoothness on the throttle.

Seems like you're enjoying, have fun!

Hugues
Old 06-16-08, 11:03 AM
curyam

Bikes: Clive Stuart 1970's UK roadbike, Specialized Stumpjumper, Geco Bike Company Electric. Lapierre Slite300FDJ, Specialized Allez, Specialized Expedition, Nashbar Road frame bike, Strida 5.0, Dahon MUP-8

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
The C-1 is a very rewarding ride. Fairly lightweight for an E bike. Under 50 lbs. Getting pretty good battery life. I don't have a odometer yet but I've been going pretty long times between charges. Nice stable ride. Battery in back and motor up front really helps balance with this machine. Good at speeds and crusing however it still not a road bike. The bike still needs some fine tuning, front shock a bit soft, the throttle needs adjustment, but other than that it works quite well. The Shimano 7 speed nexus hub has a really good spread of gearing. Internal rear brake and front shimano rim brake work very well.

More later.
Old 06-19-08, 03:00 PM
knurn

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Here is a pic of my homemade eSUB (electric Sport Utility Bicycle). It has a 48V 500W Grubee SkyHawk hub motor.
I still have detailing to do - tidy up the wiring and give it a paint job. I am also going to extend the bike rack towards the rear wheel. As you can see from the pic I have a full rear wheel's length of cargo space available. The existing bags are completely occupied with racks and batteries - two SLA's on each side.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
eSUB 494.JPG (96.0 KB, 825 views)
Old 06-26-08, 08:48 AM
sierraskies

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
PVC Quadracycle with Cyclone drive

Friends
For the past month we've been having a blast cruising around town in our PVC quadracycle. Wanting the ability to haul 2 people up at least gentle hills, I liked the idea of the gears in the Cyclone system. And since I have a couple of extra wheels, it was easy to set it up without the need for the freewheeling chainwheel. I was lucky and the motor fit in the frame easily. It's worked out quite well, just need to remember to gear down before approaching a stop.

More pics and info are at:https://wsayer.smugmug.com/gallery/50...03014662_GsadC

right1sm.jpg

IMG_0475sm2.jpg

And thanks to everyone here for all the great information I gathered from this list!

Wayne
Old 06-30-08, 08:10 AM
alnvilma

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
BD36 help

Howdy,
I'm putting a BD36 on my Townie and I see you have a similar setup. Is that a thumb throttle next to a grip shifter? How do you make that work?
Thanks,
alnvilma@gmail.com
Old 07-03-08, 11:10 AM
Jaleel Johanson

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Extremely nice build!!!

[QUOTE=martin1973;6880841]My Cyclone EXP

Hi members,
i got myself a 650 watt cyclone kit about 1 year ago and before even riding a single minute have done some serious reengineering to solve the following:

1. In tough terrain the motor overheated quite often. I´ve machined a new motor housing out of a solid aluminium block and integrated cooling fins.
2. The freewheels are not sealed so dirt can easily get inside. By making a protective housing for the freewheel that now features shim rings no water or dust can now damage the inside.
3. The original motor mount was replaced by a new one made out of aircraft aluminium. The clamps that hold it to the frame are also made out of one solid piece.
4. Yes, the planetary gear box is now 47mm shorter thus enabeling me to fit the motor inside the bikes frame at the center of gravity. This was another month of work using mill and lathe.
5.The battery box at the bikes back is also made out of metal and holds things in place even when jumping around off road.
6. All the wires that go in and out of the motor / controller were replaced by highly flexible silicon cables and this time water stays out.
7. This is off topic, but the headlight features a 5 watt LED with a custom built dimmer and was also made out of a solid block of aluminium.

... and how does it work. I love it. I know i´m bragging a bit, but after almost 900 hours of work in my machine shop this setup really gets things going. To this day i´ve ridden more then 3700 Km under hardest off road conditions here in Spain at high temperatures. Nothing failed on me to this day. But i must say the way i got this kit it would have probably died on me after a short ridden distance. I also wrote Paco ( The guy at Cyclone ), sent him pictures and never got an answer. But hey, they didn´t design this thing anyway!!! Check out headline electronics under:

https://www.headline-motor.com
Old 07-07-08, 05:18 AM
tidykiwi

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sierraskies
Friends
For the past month we've been having a blast cruising around town in our PVC quadracycle. Wanting the ability to haul 2 people up at least gentle hills, I liked the idea of the gears in the Cyclone system. And since I have a couple of extra wheels, it was easy to set it up without the need for the freewheeling chainwheel. I was lucky and the motor fit in the frame easily. It's worked out quite well, just need to remember to gear down before approaching a stop.

Attachment 74739
or maybe you could get a nuvinci hub and you won't have to gear down before you stop.
cool machine , does the pvc flex much?
Old 07-07-08, 05:56 AM
Sianelle 
Sister Annie

Bikes: Retro Hercules adult tricycle, 1953 Hercules ladies roadster, 1950s Wearwell fixed gear 'Club' pathracer, 1980s Malvern Star 'Super Star', 1980s Healing GTX-105 Arabesque, 1980's Morrison Concorde & etc & etc.......

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
I'm curious too about the durability of the PVC frame.
OMNIPOTENS aeterne Deus, qui nos secundum imaginem Tuam plasmasti, et omnia bona, vera, pulchra, praesertim in divina persona Unigeniti Filii Tui Domini nostri Iesu Christi, quaerere iussisti, praesta quaesumus ut, per intercessionem Sancti Isidori, Episcopi et Doctoris, in peregrinationibus per interrete factis et manus oculosque ad quae Tibi sunt placita intendamus et omnes quos convenimus cum caritate ac patientia accipiamus. Per Christum Dominum nostrum. Amen.
Old 07-08-08, 03:51 AM
Harbournet

Bikes: 3000w Hub motor dual suspension Mountain Bike.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
My soon to be bike that i just ordered.

2.9kw rear hub motor - 60v 21ah lipo pack - 10" rear travel, 8" front travel - Suntour G-Boxx sealed gearbox 9 speed sequential. No rear derailleur. 60km/h top speed (un-assisted) 80km/h top speed with booster lipo pack (72v total) range 30km flat out with no assistance to up to 80-90km with pedal assist.
Attached Images
Eliminator.JPG (89.1 KB, 930 views)

Last edited by Harbournet; 07-08-08 at 04:06 AM.
Old 07-08-08, 10:01 PM
sierraskies

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tidykiwi
or maybe you could get a nuvinci hub and you won't have to gear down before you stop.
cool machine , does the pvc flex much?
The PVC frame works surprisingly well. It is reinforced with 1 3/8" aluminum pipe in the bottom frame members (the plans call for steel fence rail pipe, but I have a local salvage yard that had aluminum for a bargain price). It flexes enough to soften the bumps out fine - no shocks needed! When going over rough, uneven pavement you can occasionally see one wheel in the air for a moment. Seems to be strong enough, but it does make creaking noises sometimes. How long will it last? We'll find out.... We have a little over 200 miles on it and are extremely happy. We're traveling for about a month at the moment, so it's parked right now. We've had a little problem with the aluminum steering arms bending so that the front wheels get out of alignment easily, causing drag and wear on the tires. Not sure why this is happening - I'll take a good look at the geometry when we get back, may need to just swap out the aluminum arms for stiffer steel ones. Also, when going up hills (not steep at all, but long continuous) with 2 people if you go too fast and don't gear down and throttle back a bit the motor will get hot and cut out. After a couple of minutes it'll run fine again. It feels like it has more than enough power to climb hills, but I think that running 36V in a 24V motor is what's causing it to get too hot. May try to add cooling fins like a previous poster.

Still need to do a little work like adding cup holders, a radio, I tested the water mister system but haven't installed it yet.

That Nuvinci hub looks cool - never seen it before. maybe for the next build...
Wayne
Old 07-09-08, 05:36 AM
Sianelle 
Sister Annie

Bikes: Retro Hercules adult tricycle, 1953 Hercules ladies roadster, 1950s Wearwell fixed gear 'Club' pathracer, 1980s Malvern Star 'Super Star', 1980s Healing GTX-105 Arabesque, 1980's Morrison Concorde & etc & etc.......

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
It was the front axle/kingpin/steering arm assembly that worried me most about the American Speedster design. The PVC chassis frame is fine and I'm sure would be strong enough for the purpose as well as having a reasonable service life. BUT the design of the steering and kingpins is just not good enough in my opinion. To my mind the axle needs to be redesigned to use steel tubing and scrap bicycle steering head assemblies at the very least in order to be safe to use in a serious fashion.
OMNIPOTENS aeterne Deus, qui nos secundum imaginem Tuam plasmasti, et omnia bona, vera, pulchra, praesertim in divina persona Unigeniti Filii Tui Domini nostri Iesu Christi, quaerere iussisti, praesta quaesumus ut, per intercessionem Sancti Isidori, Episcopi et Doctoris, in peregrinationibus per interrete factis et manus oculosque ad quae Tibi sunt placita intendamus et omnes quos convenimus cum caritate ac patientia accipiamus. Per Christum Dominum nostrum. Amen.
Likes For Sianelle:
Old 07-10-08, 07:05 PM
forestsoul
New to the scene

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Here's my finished bike and stats:

POWER: 48V 10Ah SLA (4 x 12V 10Ah SLA BB Batteries)
MOTOR: 36V 500W rear "Goldenmotor" hub motor
CONTROLLER: 48V 600W Shenzhen (ecrazyman)
ACCESORIES: Watt's Up Meter, bike bell

TOTAL WEIGHT: 95 lbs

RANGE: 20-25 km (full throttle, some hills)
TOP SPEED: 40-45 km/h (flat ground, no wind)

Last edited by forestsoul; 07-10-08 at 07:09 PM.
Old 07-12-08, 10:27 PM
ianrodness

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
My entry bike into electric. Not sure how good a bike this is, but I got 2 bikes (1 working), and 3 battery packs for just over $200. Any insight into this model? - eb electrobike jazz? The battery packs are 36v sla, and the motor is 350watt brushless.
Attached Images
ebike2.jpg (82.3 KB, 715 views)

Last edited by ianrodness; 07-13-08 at 07:49 PM.
Old 07-13-08, 11:43 AM
zog666

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
also got a green-e-wheels

Originally Posted by dominici
My e-bike is from Green E-Wheels. The frame is aluminum, 36V 10AH battery is lithium ion, 200W brushless motor, and the whole thing weighs 23kg. I easily achieve speeds of 30km/hr on straight bike paths, and looks like what the Knight Rider 2000 would look like if it was a bike!!!
I also just got one of these from Ebay (delivered as seller is in Melbourne as well) and although I have only ridden it a few times, so far its pretty cool.

Old 07-14-08, 10:31 AM
tapholov

Bikes: A normal Norco 700C thing, my slow bike, that I use during the day in traffic. My first e-bike, with 2 50W goldenwheels hub motors, I call it my tractor. A different e-bike built 2008 winter, front/back suspension, 3 sets of chains. New/old set-up.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
[QUOTE=Harbournet;7019649]My soon to be bike that i just ordered.

WoW!

Where does that come from ? Any URL? (I'm afraid to ask how much you paid for it...). From the picture, it has a rear hub motor and the chain ring is demultiplied right at the BB.

Very nice
Old 07-14-08, 09:14 PM
reddog43067

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
This is my hybrid bike

This is the complete Staton gear and chain two cycle engine drive kit with the NuVinci hub.It has the Bionx PL350 system on the front wheel.The lights are from Jet Lites Starfire Dual Beam W/ 5 Way Smart Switch.The bike frame is from Redline. It’s a Monocog 26in large frame. It was a single speed bike.I have it on you tube if you want to check it out.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ryxt2X6ihL4
Attached Images
P1010751.JPG (94.0 KB, 860 views)
P1010756.JPG (71.4 KB, 663 views)
P1010764.JPG (76.1 KB, 678 views)
P1010815.JPG (72.8 KB, 720 views)
Likes For reddog43067:
Old 07-14-08, 09:24 PM
forestsoul
New to the scene

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Here's a video of my ebike:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqehFQ2Tjjc
Old 07-15-08, 04:30 AM
fret3
ebiker

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
My Ebike

Just picked it up today....what a great ride.

36V brushless gearless hub motor
500W high power BLDC regen controller (did not hook up the regen)
Lithium Iron Phosphate battery. 36V 7.2Ah
With a thumb throttle. The lovely guys at the bike shop fitted me up with grip shifters. And Schwalbe tires both front and back. It hums along nicely.
Attached Images
Thunder_edited002.jpg (97.1 KB, 862 views)
Old 07-19-08, 12:14 AM
adamtki

Bikes: Soma cyclocross with Bionx PL500HS

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Here's my ultimate commuting machine.

CIMG1188.jpg

Bionx PL500HS (500W with 10Ah 36V Lithium Mn battery)
Soma Double Cross frame
Nashbar Carbon Fork (disc brake ready)
700x23 front tire (120 psi)
700x28 rear tire (85 psi)
7sp 11-28t rear freewheel
39/53t front chainrings
clipless / platform pedals (for mtn shoes or regular shoes)
Fenders for the rain around here
Lights for night riding (not pictured)
Topeak MTX rear rack with quick mount (got pannier and basket to go with it)
Klickfix handlebar mount for detours accessories
Bell to help me be polite when passing

The whole bike weighs 48lbs. At level 3 assist: 45 miles range and top flat speed (that I can do at 90% effort) of 31mph.

Very quiet since it's a hub motor. And pedal assist (instead of separate assist switch) makes it still feel like a bicycle.

Only essential thing I'm missing is a water bottle holder. Need to find a way to get one in that space in the frame.

Last edited by adamtki; 07-19-08 at 12:39 AM.
Old 07-19-08, 10:01 PM
Solar.110mb

Bikes: Schwinn Izip

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Zeuser, That Yamaha bicycle is really something. I searched google for info on it but none found. I'm interested in the specs for it, if you have a link.
Old 07-24-08, 01:52 AM
wtbaggio
Banned

Bikes: electric bicycle

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Smile My Electric A-bike

N.W.:12KG
FOLDED SIZE:73X43X30(CM)
RIM SIZE:12" NO NEED pump the tyre
FRAME:6061 ALLOY

SHIFT MODEL: STRAP SHIFT

LOADING WEIGHT:80KG

MAX SPEED :20KM/H

BATTERY:Li-BATTERY 24V8AH

RECGARGE TIME:5-8 H

MOTOR POWER:180W

DISTANCE ABILITY:25KM
Attached Images
2008425134629661.jpg (67.7 KB, 753 views)
Old 07-24-08, 05:36 AM
Sianelle 
Sister Annie

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Interesting, - but that would have to be a totally good pavement only machine with those small wheels.
Old 07-25-08, 12:52 PM
jerryt
Its not my fault

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
Here's my new urban assault vehicle; an eZee Quando II with a 250w, hub geared motor and 36v NiMh battery. I added the Miracycle mirror and Vincita panniers from an ebay auction.
The smaller wheels and wheelbase provide maneuverability from street to sidewalk in my urban environment and the folding capability is a plus for travel holidays.
Attached Images
Quando 1 small.jpg (70.7 KB, 762 views)
Quando small 3.jpg (44.8 KB, 639 views)
Old 07-25-08, 10:52 PM
comfybob
comfy bikes

Bikes: Recumbents, folders.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by countersTrike
Interesting! Not one recumbent! I couldn't get photos on Bike Forums but I have 2 motorized recumbent trikes on Frappr and Flickr. One is a 2007 hub motor, the other is a 2001 bolt-on kit; the oldie:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/16584749@N00/2063869733/

countersTrike
Hello CountersTrike,
Yes, there is at least one recumbent with power assist!
Cyclone chain drive motor with LiFePO4 battery.
And it definitely gives us uphill push!
Attached Images
tblue w motor & j & r 1.1.JPG (83.9 KB, 733 views)
Likes For comfybob:

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.