Search
Notices
Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

Greetings!

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-18, 01:13 PM
McRollin

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Greetings!

Just wanted to say hello to the community!

I’m from Vancouver BC and have been riding bikes since I was a wee lad growing up on the north shore. Techy NS trailriding, dirt jumping, and hucking myself off stairsets at the local school with buddies were the beginnings of my obsession with bicycles.

After numerous broken bones and taco’d wheels, combined with the realization that bicycle commuting in the city is more enjoyable and expedient than sitting in traffic has steered my interest towards road cycling.

(That being said there is a lightly used banshee scythe I may be willing to part with for the right candidate hidden away somewhere... )

Currently I enjoy currousing bike threads while working on home projects/distractions while studying. My background is in the trades, being a qualified iron worker and welder, recently turned student. I’m fascinated with bicycle mechanics and try to do all the work I can on my steeds. Building bike frames from scratch is a goal of mine in the future, although I intend to become fluent in mechanics before I delve into frame building.

I feel incredibly lucky growing up in North Van and now living in East Vancouver, for the healthy, ever growing bicycle community here. Perhaps that’s the reason I’ve taken so long to join this forum... Either way I’d like to thank all the people and establishments (including Bikeforums.net members) that have helped me and nourished my ever growing fascination with bicycles and the wealth of happiness they’ve given me throughout life.

I’m open to any questions or inquiries and will try to be up to date with postings etc.

It’s good to be here,

cheers!

McRollin
Old 12-12-18, 08:14 PM
xiaoman1 

Bikes: A few too many

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1364 Post(s)
Liked 2,180 Times in 1,183 Posts
McRollin,
I have only been to Vancouver a few times and recall that it was a very beautiful city....sounds like you have had your share of "fun", there are many friends on the FORUM from the Great White North...Welcome!
Best, Ben

Voice recognition may sometimes create odd spelling and grammatical errors

Old 12-12-18, 09:03 PM
cb400bill
Forum Moderator

Bikes: Fuji SL2.1 Carbon Di2 Cannondale Synapse Alloy 4 Trek Checkpoint ALR-5 Viscount Aerospace Pro Colnago Classic Rabobank Schwinn Waterford PMount Raleigh C50 Cromoly Hybrid Legnano Tipo Roma Pista

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Quoted: 3090 Post(s)
Liked 6,593 Times in 3,781 Posts
Welcome. We are glad that you joined us.
Old 12-12-18, 09:37 PM
StanSeven
Administrator

Bikes: Cervelo C5, Guru Photon, Waterford, Specialized CX

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 1106 Post(s)
Liked 2,173 Times in 1,464 Posts
Welcome. You’ll find lots of good information in Mechanics and Framebuilder forums here.
Old 12-12-18, 09:40 PM
mirfi

Bikes: Vilano Urbana, DownTube FS9, Montaque paratrooper, Nano mini-velo, Motobecane CX, Raleigh 20, MIFA folder, ROG Pony, Iverson Grand Touring folder, Exclusiv German folder

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 168 Post(s)
Liked 191 Times in 119 Posts
Welcome to the community of cyclists.
Old 12-13-18, 01:13 PM
dashdotrobot

Bikes: Velo-Orange Campeur, Dahon Helios P8

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Welcome! I spent a long weekend in VC a few years ago and was impressed both by the quality of cycle paths and the diversity of awesome bikes there.
Old 12-14-18, 02:07 PM
LAJ
So it is

Bikes: Luzerne, 684, Boreas, Wheelhouse, Alize©®, Bayamo, Cayo

Mentioned: 246 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11401 Post(s)
Liked 4,753 Times in 2,766 Posts
Welcome to Bike Forums, McRollin!
Old 12-14-18, 02:16 PM
rumrunn6

Bikes: Bottecchia Sprint, GT Timberline 29r, Marin Muirwoods 29er, Trek FX Alpha 7.0

Mentioned: 112 Post(s)
Quoted: 5224 Post(s)
Liked 3,581 Times in 2,342 Posts
welcome! safe travels! what is the smallest, easiest way to weld something at home? I like working with steel but can only cut, bend & drill small thin steel bars. but sometimes I would love t just stick two pieces together
Old 12-14-18, 10:37 PM
Siu Blue Wind
Homey

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Quoted: 2427 Post(s)
Liked 1,406 Times in 900 Posts
Howdy!
Please dont outsmart the censor. That is a very expensive censor and every time one of you guys outsmart it it makes someone at the home office feel bad. We dont wanna do that. So dont cleverly disguise bad words.