Notices
Clydesdales/Athenas (200+ lb / 91+ kg) Looking to lose that spare tire? Ideal weight 200+? Frustrated being a large cyclist in a sport geared for the ultra-light? Learn about the bikes and parts that can take the abuse of a heavier cyclist, how to keep your body going while losing the weight, and get support from others who've been successful.

Carbo Loading XLX

Old 06-18-19, 10:45 AM
jsigone
got the climbing bug

Bikes: one for everything

Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 632 Post(s)
Liked 908 Times in 273 Posts
Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
Yes!

Actually, I quite enjoyed it. Pretty small, no food but the two beers we had were pretty tasty. I'd go again. Matter of fact, now I"m tempted to do the OCW ride!
I did their anniversary ride think was early April or week after our double, free, couple hundred people, good pace up front, great beer and had some food trucks there. the tacos were dope!!

Rule #10 // It never gets easier, you just go faster.
Old 06-18-19, 11:52 AM
RubeRad
Keepin it Wheel

Bikes: Surly CrossCheck, Krampus

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked 3,413 Times in 2,522 Posts
Originally Posted by jsigone
especially with SD Fair Traffic
I've been to the fair once in my life. Mid 90s. My sister was doing a dance performance with a swing-dancing group she was in. Paid for parking, paid for entrance, walked in, saw the dance, walked out. Probably will never go again. It's an overcrowded, overpriced (over)Production I'm just not interested in.

Went to the Wayne County (OH) Fair when I lived there for a few years, now that was fun. $5 and you get to wander around and see all kinds of cool stuff that the rural folk do.
Old 06-18-19, 12:37 PM
jsigone
got the climbing bug

Bikes: one for everything

Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Quoted: 632 Post(s)
Liked 908 Times in 273 Posts
I took my family to the SD fair on Father's Day. Kids had fun, they both got 4 rides in on $20, I ate a $24 bacon wrapped turkey leg. None of that deep fried snickers, oreos or butter like that HAHA. Games cost more than the rides, so no games for us. Lots of walking around, good times, only go once a yr. The children's art/craft tent is where we spent allot of time. Crafts, games, building blocks and magic shows.

the level of kids art is dang cool to see.
Rule #10 // It never gets easier, you just go faster.
Old 06-27-19, 01:07 PM
Beachgrad05
Just Keep Pedaling

Bikes: 99 Schwinn Mesa GS MTB, 15 Trek Domane 5.9 Dura-Ace, 17 Trek Emonda SL6 Pro & 18 Bianchi Vigorelli

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quoted: 251 Post(s)
Liked 67 Times in 34 Posts
Found a good deal on Sidi Drako MTB shoes $349 vs normal $499. Ordered. They are pretty much same as the Sidi road shoes I just got. I am going to use these for AIDS Lifecycle training and the ride next year. The amount of walking at stops and such I decided rather than tear up road shoes and cleats. I like how the road shoes feel on my feet so figured get their MTB twin