Cyclocross and Gravelbiking (Recreational) This has to be the most physically intense sport ever invented. It's high speed bicycle racing on a short off road course or riding the off pavement rides on gravel like :The Dirty Kanza". We also have a dedicated Racing forum for the Cyclocross Hard Core Racers.

Major Tire Help Needed!!!!

Old 03-01-07, 06:25 PM
jpearl
Rabbinic Authority

Bikes: Cannondale Cyclocross, Specialized Langster, Giant TCR-C2 Composite

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Major Tire Help Needed!!!!

AAARRRGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I'm out riding Sunday. 32 farenheit, 3 inches of slushy snow on the ground, basically a nice day for a ride. As I'm coming home, I turn off the sidewalk to the path up to my building and POP! I slash my tire on a metal strip. The slash went through the whole tire because I was running them low for the snow.

Here's the real sucky part:
The tire was a Ritchey Speedmax pro 30cc with a folding kevlar bead. I go to my LBS for a new one and lo and behold - THEY'RE DISCONTINUED

Man, I love these tires, and now it seems they're all gone. Does anyone know where I can find one, maybe your LBS has one laying around. If so, I would super appreciate it if you could find a brand new one for me to purchase.

Please help a fellow 'crosser out. I'll be in the corner weeping until then. Thanks.
Old 03-02-07, 09:04 AM
nowheels

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Ebay........that is where I got my pair.......they always seem to have them up there for sale.

Old 03-02-07, 10:39 AM
JimmyMack

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jpearl

The tire was a Ritchey Speedmax pro 30cc with a folding kevlar bead. I go to my LBS for a new one and lo and behold - THEY'RE DISCONTINUED
WHAT!!! Discontinued! Oh man. This marks a bad day for cross. That's a really good tire. Time to stock up on a pair or two.
Old 03-02-07, 10:47 AM
alreadyblue

Bikes: Specialized Allez

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Yeah, Ebay. Try there first. Personally I didn't really like the Speedmax's for racing. They were cheap, don't get me wrong, but the performance was mediocre. I switched to the Vitoria clinchers and was really happy with those.
Old 03-02-07, 12:08 PM
justinb

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Man, I love these tires, and now it seems they're all gone. Does anyone know where I can find one, maybe your LBS has one laying around. If so, I would super appreciate it if you could find a brand new one for me to purchase.

Please help a fellow 'crosser out. I'll be in the corner weeping until then. Thanks.

Is 32 or 35 ok? I got a pair of 32s at Performance for cheap.
Old 03-02-07, 10:22 PM
socalrider

Bikes: Litespeed Liege, Motorola Team Issue Eddy Mercxk, Surly Crosscheck Cyclocross bike, Fisher Supercaliber Mtn. Bike

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I bought a set from bens cycle on ebay.. solid seller.. they have 700x32

http://search.ebay.com/search/search...TCHEY+Speedmax
Old 03-02-07, 10:54 PM
ronbridal

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

So I'm out riding Sunday. 32 farenheit, 3 inches of slushy snow on the ground, basically a nice day for a ride. As I'm coming home, I turn off the sidewalk to the path up to my building and POP! I slash my tire on a metal strip. The slash went through the whole tire because I was running them low for the snow.

Try a google search for "Ritchey Speedmax Pro"

Last edited by ronbridal; 03-03-07 at 11:04 AM.
Old 03-06-07, 08:22 AM
rocky rode

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Size?

Are the Speedmax Pro sized pretty accurately? I ride in pretty rocky terrain and like a big tire, I'm running 38mm WTB Interwolfs right now. I'm pretty happy with them but would like a little faster tire for mostly gravel with some pavement type rides. Think I'll try the 35mm Speedmax if they really are about 35mm. TIA!