Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Professional Cycling For the Fans
Reload this Page >

Fantasy Tour de Suisse + general TdS discussion

Notices
Professional Cycling For the Fans Follow the Tour de France,the Giro de Italia, the Spring Classics, or other professional cycling races? Here's your home...

Fantasy Tour de Suisse + general TdS discussion

Old 06-24-19, 03:31 AM
diphthong
velo-dilettante

Bikes: 85 pinarello treviso steel, 88 nishiki olympic steel. 95 look kg 131 carbon, 11 trek madone 5.2 carbon

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1626 Post(s)
Liked 3,112 Times in 1,682 Posts
Originally Posted by ooga-booga
have you seen that stage nine profile? woof! there will definitely be carnage. dennis will need to crush bernal by 3.5 minutes on the stage eight tt to even have
a chance of winning the overall gc. that ain't gonna happen since bernal only lost 23 seconds on the first tt almost exactly half the disto of stage eight's tt. bernal
would hafta apply all of the techniques from the rasmussen tt masterclass for dennis to get that much separation. horrible predictions: dennis wins stage eight.
spilak wins stage nine and jumps onto the lowest step of the podium. bernal holds on to win the overall. dennis rides well enuff to just barely hold onto second place.
aru realizes he's in the top ten on gc and promptly shoves it into reverse on stage nine and finishes 15-20 instead.
yes bernal won the overall. yes dennis held on to second place. aru messes everything up by finishing...wait for it...21st. hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.
Old 06-24-19, 03:36 AM
diphthong
velo-dilettante

Bikes: 85 pinarello treviso steel, 88 nishiki olympic steel. 95 look kg 131 carbon, 11 trek madone 5.2 carbon

Originally Posted by slcbob
It was a race to the bottom but you weren't fast enough, ooga-booga. I was still able to snatch defeat from the jaws of defeat. You sure were coming back quickly. Though not as fast as canam73 blew through both of us, moving in the right direction. Towards the storm. well played, all.

Speaking of blowing -- has the rider of Rohan been taking an extra puff on the horn of Gondor or something? What a showing!

Bernal will finish Le Tour ahead of G. Mark my words.

I had written a post about Dennis falling back from the GC group today, having burned all of his matches. Miraculously, it did not submit. I think the same e-magic trend will continue, preventing me from making stupid, last minute "improvements" to my team for France, in whatever venue we find that escapes the eye of Sauron ASO.

Good league. All of the children were above average. I was in our basement by a long stretch and I was still well above the 50% mark for the general population.

Looking forward to the fresh meat Le Tour will bring.
you may well be right. bernal is an okay tt'er. thomas excels in that discipline. bernal is a better climber and thomas is no slouch. it will be lemond/hinault, armstrong/heras,
cunego/simoni, armstrong/contador, wiggins/froome, froome/thomas all over again. haven't studied the course for the tdf but an intrateam gc competition is always fantastic for the
race.
Old 06-24-19, 03:48 AM
diphthong
velo-dilettante

Originally Posted by slcbob
It was a race to the bottom but you weren't fast enough, ooga-booga. I was still able to snatch defeat from the jaws of defeat. You sure were coming back quickly. Though not as fast as canam73 blew through both of us, moving in the right direction. Towards the storm. well played, all.

Speaking of blowing -- has the rider of Rohan been taking an extra puff on the horn of Gondor or something? What a showing!

Bernal will finish Le Tour ahead of G. Mark my words.

I had written a post about Dennis falling back from the GC group today, having burned all of his matches. Miraculously, it did not submit. I think the same e-magic trend will continue, preventing me from making stupid, last minute "improvements" to my team for France, in whatever venue we find that escapes the eye of Sauron ASO.

Good league. All of the children were above average. I was in our basement by a long stretch and I was still well above the 50% mark for the general population.

Looking forward to the fresh meat Le Tour will bring.
hirt overperformed for you with costa and mas underperforming. gva (and obviously, as my top rider, thomas) underperformed and, i daresay, dennis definitely overperformed for me.
almost makes up for that giro slight a few years ago. almost...
Old 06-24-19, 07:12 AM
slcbob
bored of "Senior Member"

Bikes: Cross-Check/Nexus commuter. Several others for various forms of play.

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 642 Post(s)
Liked 592 Times in 453 Posts
Le Tour '19 will be climb-heavy, lots of altitude, with a TTT and a hilly ITT. Much more in Egan's wheelhouse. But:

a) don't tell @one4smoke or that pesky @canam73.
b) team drama?