Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage > Classic and Vintage Sales
Reload this Page >

FS: Two Raleigh Super Course & Centurion Frames + Many Parts! Sold as Lot!

Search
Notices
Classic and Vintage Sales Private Sales Only, no online storefronts. All prices must be quoted, we are not an auction site.

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-20, 05:54 PM
Kilroy1988 

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 981 Post(s)
Liked 1,844 Times in 609 Posts

Hello folks!

I'm trying to downsize my collection of would-be projects and have assembled most of the mid to lower quality items I still have in my possession, which are not destined for a project that will be seen through... I'm located in Dinuba, CA and can meet up to deliver all three frames and all of components described and photographed anywhere in the general area (roughly between Fresno and Visalia).

The price is $250 for everything shown. For obvious reasons I am unwilling to try to ship all of this stuff - it needs to be picked up locally.

--- The first frame is an early 1970s Centurion Le Mans that has been modified into a roadster frame (all braze-ons removed) with a rattle can paint job that has held up alright after some use, and has a 57cm center-to-center seat tube length. The headset and bottom bracket are complete, but the BB spindle is ever so slightly loose because we could not find the right size during the restoration. I rode it like this just fine for many miles.
--- The second frame is a lovely, completely original 1972 Raleigh Super Course made with Reynolds 531 main tubes, with gleaming chrome on the fork blades and stays. It is a 63cm frame (25.5" by standard British measurements from center-to-top). The original headset does not have bearings in it.
--- The third frame is a 1981 Raleigh Super Course 12 that was repainted with actual automotive paint in a booth about ten years ago and ridden for many wonderful miles by myself - it was actually my first road bike! It is ready for another coat of paint and I have a full set of reproduction decals ready to apply after the next restoration. The decals alone cost about $50. The frame has Reynolds 531 butted main tubes and the size is also 63cm.
---The numerous parts list includes several sets of handlebars, including nice vintage alloy Nitto and Sakae pieces. Both cruiser bars are steel and one is marked Schwinn. One set of steel road bars is also marked Schwinn.
---The alloy seat post with attached binder is by Sakae, and one other is alloy while the two long chromed ones (including the funny back swept example) are steel. The small seat post in the other photos is an unusual Unicator with rubber "shock absorbers" and holes down either side to make it lightweight.
---There are four vintage stems - one GB, one SR, one other alloy one originally from the Raleigh Super Course 12 frame, and a steel one from a Schwinn. There is also a modern stem by ITM that was touted as being one of the most lightweight on the market back in the 2000s.
---The single speed crank set is modified from the original bulky thing that came on the Centurion Le Mans frame.
---There is a pair of Weinmann centerpull brake calipers, a single Weinmann rear caliper, a single Weinmann drilled brake lever with a Carlton hood (from a higher end Raleigh), and a pair of customized Weinmann cruiser brake levers (with the knobby ends nicely cut off).
---There is a single Campagnolo Record rear hub with a Campy 5-speed sprocket attached. The sprocket key is rather stripped out so getting it off will be a bugger, but the hub is still in excellent shape. There's an extra Campagnolo skewer.
--- There is a full "Sunrace" setup with downtube shifters, front and rear derailleurs, and a set of Suntour stem-mounted shifters.
--- There's new red Jagwire cable housing, a pair of small Christophe toe clips, one plastic and one fabric set of black toe straps, two pair of pedals, two nice pairs of rubber grips, two seat post clamps for saddles, a fresh black pair of brake lever hoods, a chain, an extra headset mount for a center pull brake, some Shimano brake pads, and an alloy bottle cage...
---Finally, there's a pair of blue label Fiamme tubular racing rims from the 1970s. Some of the spoke holes are slightly pulled out from a previous wheel build, but I never noticed any cracks around those spots so they may be safe to build up. I personally used them to pre-stretch my tubular rims in the past but haven't used any for a while.

Cheers!

-Gregory

Old 02-29-20, 05:55 PM
Kilroy1988 

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Quoted: 981 Post(s)
Liked 1,844 Times in 609 Posts
And the rest of the photos...

Old 03-01-20, 08:37 AM
jdawginsc 
Edumacator

Bikes: '87 Crestdale, '87 Basso Gap, '92 Rossin Performance EL-OS, 1990 VanTuyl, 1980s Losa, 1985 Trek 670, 1982 AD SLE, 1987 PX10, etc...

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 2444 Post(s)
Liked 3,137 Times in 1,976 Posts
That's a treasure trove for some of the folks here!
1987 Crest Cannondale, 1987 Basso Gap, 1992 Rossin Performance EL, 1990ish Van Tuyl, 1985 Trek 670, 1982 AD SLE, 2003 Pinarello Surprise, 1990ish MBK Atlantique, 1987 Peugeot Competition, 1987 Nishiki Tri-A, 1981 Faggin, 1996 Cannondale M500, 1984 Mercian, 1982 AD SuperLeicht, 1985 Massi (model unknown), 1988 Daccordi Griffe , 1989 Fauxsin MTB, 1981 Ciocc Mockba, 1992 Bianchi Giro, 1977 Colnago Super