Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Contacting Rene Herse Cyles

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Contacting Rene Herse Cyles

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-20, 06:15 AM
Koyote

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6945 Post(s)
Liked 10,945 Times in 4,677 Posts
Originally Posted by unterhausen
You got through to Spesh? I'm somewhat surprised by that. I know Garmin will answer the phone
Funny side note: Many years ago, I had a CS issue with Spesh, and the rep (guy named Travis) would not resolve it to my satisfaction. So, on a flyer, I sent a letter to the founder and CEO, Mike Sinyard, at their HQ. A week later, I got a call from Travis, who bent over backwards to fix my problem. He sounded sheepish enough, so I didn't rub it in.
Old 06-17-20, 01:40 PM
63rickert

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Quoted: 1090 Post(s)
Liked 329 Times in 245 Posts
Jan is not the least bit arrogant. He is simply German.

For what it’s worth I only once went through Amazon to buy bike parts. Just couldn’t find the rim wanted in silver no matter how much searching was done and it was sitting right there on Amazon. Took two months to get that rim. Lost track of how many phone calls emails and texts went back and forth. Everyone was very nice but no one knew anything. The rim was of course shipped by a LBS with Amazon as intermediary. As intermediary Amazon had messed up but was organizationally incapable of admitting fault or being responsible. The LBS finally got the mfr to make ONE of a discontinued item and send it to me. LBS took a loss on order and gave sterling service. Amazon will never see another order from me. Small nice businesses that attempt to work through Amazon will all inevitably go out of business, leaving Amazon as the only player in the sandbox. Which is their business plan. And then where will we get bike parts?.
Likes For 63rickert:
Old 06-17-20, 02:15 PM
himespau 

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 4225 Post(s)
Liked 2,945 Times in 1,804 Posts
Originally Posted by 63rickert
Jan is not the least bit arrogant. He is simply German.
Likes For himespau:
Old 06-19-20, 11:36 AM
southpier

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 198 Post(s)
Liked 52 Times in 41 Posts
fwiw: Michael Cohn (sp?) from, I believe Boulder Cycles became affiliated with RH.

when I bought my Berthoud bag & decaleur, Mike spent about 45 minutes on the phone with me, even insisting I go downstairs into my workshop and measure the distance from stem to basket so he could set me up with the best bag/ hardware selection.

not sure if he is still involved, but I think of his help every time I ride.

since 2014.
Old 07-03-20, 12:43 AM
Brad L 

Bikes: Several

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 205 Post(s)
Liked 1,039 Times in 321 Posts
I seem to be in the same boat as others here. I ordered a part from Rene Herse Cyles and received a part on the June 25th, unfortunately it was the wrong part. I filled out their "Returns Form" the same day and have still not heard back. Fortunately the cables I ordered were only $15 incl. shipping, so it's not a huge loss if I never hear back.

UPDATE: I finally received an email from RH, which included a return label, 11 days after sending in the Return Form. I received the correct part 4 days later.

Last edited by Brad L; 07-09-20 at 11:50 PM.