Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Vintage Bicycle Accessories...

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-20, 04:29 AM
randyjawa 

Bikes: 1958 Rabeneick 120D, 1968 Legnano Gran Premio, 196? Torpado Professional, 2000 Marinoni Piuma

Mentioned: 210 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1372 Post(s)
Liked 1,749 Times in 937 Posts

Those of us who hunt for, find and/or collect, often times get bikes with accessories fitted. Water bottles, bells, bags, and the like are not at all uncommon. True, there are some uncommon finds in the attached to the bike accessory field, but most are not too much out of the ordinary.

I will start and submissions should include a good picture of your accessory(s) and a pick, with the acquisition story, of the bike the accessory came on. So, let's see what has showed up, over the years. My guess is that there are some pretty interesting finds.

This old Torpado, that I bought in Winnipeg while running from the virus, coughed up a nice bar mounted water bottle holder and a still in pretty good shape leather saddle bag...

And, just the other day, at the request of a fellow or fellowette forum member, I went back to a pair of dump bikes, two Rampars, to check for frames inside of the panniers. No frames but this never opened tool kit presented itself. The zipper had to be WD40ed to work...

Those two entry level machines remained at the landfill site, but two bells came home with me. Though I have no interest in the bells, another forum member does so off they go to the post office next time I go to the city...

And the greatest accessory that ever came my way. The pedals and shoes were still attached to the bike, a Waterford, the only bike I ever borrowed a bit of money to buy. The shoes are a perfect fit and, even though I have not used the system yet, chances are I will do so one of these days...

Old 07-13-20, 05:20 AM
Pompiere

Bikes: 1984 Miyata 310, 1986 Schwinn Sierra, 2011 Jamis Quest, 1980 Peugeot TH8 Tandem, 1992 Performance Parabola, 1987 Ross Mt. Hood, 1988 Schwinn LeTour, 1988 Trek 400T, 1981 Fuji S12-S LTD, 197? FW Evans

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 525 Post(s)
Liked 977 Times in 509 Posts
I found a NOS Schwinn large touring bag at an antique mall in Kentucky while on vacation. It didn't have the package, but it was still folded flat from being in the package. I left it in the sun for a while to soften up, then stuffed it with plastic bags to hold its shape.

1970s Schwinn large touring bag