Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electric Bikes
Reload this Page >

Fazua / Garmin Power meter

Notices
Electric Bikes Here's a place to discuss ebikes, from home grown to high-tech.

Fazua / Garmin Power meter

Old 09-21-20, 02:05 PM
guzzibat

Bikes: Cube - ebike and giant nrs

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Angry Fazua / Garmin Power meter

Anyone had any experience using the Fazua motor's power meter output on their Gamins?

I've paired mine up but having problems

The power meter when connected to my Garmin edge 830 shows spikes of power in excess of 1KW and sometimes over 2KW (I’m lucky if I can achieve 500w ☹) see first image – this causes the averages to be wildly inaccurate and, I believe, sometimes causes the Garmin to (partially) crash and stop detecting the power, heart rate monitor and cadence – see second image - until completely reset.

Thanks
Old 09-21-20, 02:24 PM
fooferdoggie 

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 680 Post(s)
Liked 947 Times in 554 Posts
I think it is just a gamin thing. I have had several and two on our tandem one to feed my wife and one for me. mine was jumping all over in cadence sometimes 200rpm. then when we started again both stop showing cadence at all (I have separate sensors for each of us. they seem to settle a bit after you use that setup for a bit. like my ant+ lights can became disconnected for no reason. its worse after I charge the lights and computer.