Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Cyclocross and Gravelbiking (Recreational)
Reload this Page >

Kinekt 2.1 suspension seatpost from Cirrus Cycles

Search
Notices
Cyclocross and Gravelbiking (Recreational) This has to be the most physically intense sport ever invented. It's high speed bicycle racing on a short off road course or riding the off pavement rides on gravel like : "Unbound Gravel". We also have a dedicated Racing forum for the Cyclocross Hard Core Racers.

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-19, 02:42 PM
sweetspot

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts

My seatpost of choice was and still is a Ergon CF3 Pro (aka Canyon VCLS 2.0) seatpost but I had an opportunity to test and compare it to Kinekt spring based suspension from Cirrus Cycles. As it turned out it was in some cases (like slow forest road with a lot of tree roots) more comfortable than my Ergon and in some cases (like fast gravel route) a liitle bit less. But to me the biggest drawback of this saddle (apart from its weight) is that you can definetely feel that it is based on springs (bounciness) and a occasionaly bootoming out issue (when you hit a big pothole). Now I am waiting for Cane Creek eeSilk to arrive for testing. This should be interesting In a meantime you can read my full review of Kinekt 2.1 here: https://gravelbikes.cc/tests/kinekt-...atpost-review/
Old 10-13-19, 04:35 AM
horatio 
Hump, what hump?

Bikes: See signature

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 337 Post(s)
Liked 227 Times in 145 Posts
Why aren’t you making YouTube video reviews like everyone else?
2010 AB T1X ** 2010 Cannondale SIX-5 ** 1993 Cannondale RS900 ** 1988 Bottecchia Team Record ** 1989 Bianchi Brava ** 1988 Nishiki Olympic ** 1987 Centurion Ironman Expert(2) ** 1985 DeRosa Professional SLX ** 1982 Colnago Super ** 1982 Basso Gap ** 198? Ciocc Competition SL ** 19?? Roberts Audax ** 198? Brian Rourke ** 1982 Mercian Olympic ** 1970 Raleigh Professional MK I ** 1952 Raleigh Sports

Old 10-14-19, 05:21 PM
thehammerdog

Bikes: Road bike is a Carbon Bianchi C2C & Grandis (1980's), Gary Fisher Mt Bike, Trek Tandem & Mongoose SS MTB circa 1992.

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 722 Post(s)
Liked 353 Times in 226 Posts
Originally Posted by sweetspot
My seatpost of choice was and still is a Ergon CF3 Pro (aka Canyon VCLS 2.0) seatpost but I had an opportunity to test and compare it to Kinekt spring based suspension from Cirrus Cycles. As it turned out it was in some cases (like slow forest road with a lot of tree roots) more comfortable than my Ergon and in some cases (like fast gravel route) a liitle bit less. But to me the biggest drawback of this saddle (apart from its weight) is that you can definetely feel that it is based on springs (bounciness) and a occasionaly bootoming out issue (when you hit a big pothole). Now I am waiting for Cane Creek eeSilk to arrive for testing. This should be interesting In a meantime you can read my full review of Kinekt 2.1 here: https://gravelbikes.cc/tests/kinekt-...atpost-review/
Thudbuster rocks