Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Linda Ronstadt, 1978

Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Linda Ronstadt, 1978

Old 11-13-19, 03:44 PM
VintageTTfan

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 327 Post(s)
Liked 208 Times in 179 Posts
Originally Posted by rootboy View Post
If she were my sister I'd keep her locked in the house and shoo the riff raff away from the front door.
And if you were her Dad you would have to sit on the porch with a shotgun......She is that beautiful. Of course these comments are tongue in cheek.....for all the SJW's.
Old 11-13-19, 05:59 PM
VintageTTfan

Who the heck it this?
Old 11-13-19, 06:38 PM
Chombi1 

Mentioned: 94 Post(s)
Quoted: 1125 Post(s)
Liked 142 Times in 110 Posts
Here's a new great talent burning up the Youtube scene in the last couple of years with millions of views and subcriptions....
Check her out!
Her name is Morissette Amon. A young Filipina with super phenomenal talent!
She had truly impressed all sorts of singing professionals around the world.
Plus she's beautiful to top it all up!
Hope you guys don't mind me posting about her on this thread. Just want to note that the best talented female singers are not only from the US and Europe.
I'm very very proud of her as my roots are from the Philippines!
84 Peugeot PY10FC
84 Gitane Tour de France.
85 Vitus Plus Carbone 7
86 ALAN Record Carbonio
86 Medici Aerodynamic (Project)
88 Pinarello Montello
89 Bottecchia Professional Chorus SL
95 Trek 5500 OCLV (Project)

Last edited by Chombi1; 11-14-19 at 12:20 PM.
Likes For Chombi1:
Old 11-14-19, 08:53 AM
Goofball

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked 38 Times in 27 Posts
Check out Sharon van Etten "seventeen" is a great song, has a Springsteenish feel. Also Angel Olsen is a cool rocking chick
Old 11-14-19, 09:53 AM
seypat

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 1524 Post(s)
Liked 413 Times in 296 Posts
Originally Posted by VintageTTfan View Post
I am ashamed to admit this is the first time I have seen her. She is quite beautiful. I have heard good things about her music so I will give it a try.
She must be a heck of a woman/person to be married to John McEnroe all these years. Or maybe Johnny Mac is a decent guy away from the tennis court.
Old 11-14-19, 04:04 PM
sykerocker 

Bikes: The keepers: 1958 Raleigh Lenton Grand Prix, 1968 Ranger, 1969 Magneet Sprint, 1971 Gitane Tour de France, 1973 Raleigh Tourist, 3 - 1986 Rossins, and a '77 PX-10 frame in process.

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 171 Post(s)
Liked 111 Times in 68 Posts
Originally Posted by UKFan4Sure View Post
I actually think she's glad she can't sing anymore. I mean with her money, the pressure is off to perform for the masses again.
From what I've read, she's afflicted with Progressive Supraneuclear Palsy, which is what killed my wife, Patti, after seven years. The realization that Linda has had it at least that long but is in much better condition (the last two years, I was feeding Patti thru a tube in her stomach four times a day, she could no longer swallow) had me both amazed, and hoping that she's got more than a few years left. The unfortunate reality is that it is going to kill her.

"No wonder we keep testing positive in their bicycle races. Everyone looks like they're full of testosterone when they're surrounded by Frenchmen." ---Argus Hamilton
Likes For sykerocker:
Old 11-14-19, 04:10 PM
SpeedofLite 

Bikes: Litespeed (9); Slingshot (6); Specialized (2); Kestrel (2); Softride (2); Cervelo (1); FELT (1); Cannondale (1); Fuji (1); Centurion (1); Schwinn (1)

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 222 Post(s)
Liked 332 Times in 173 Posts
Originally Posted by sykerocker View Post
From what I've read, she's afflicted with Progressive Supraneuclear Palsy, which is what killed my wife, Patti, after seven years. The realization that Linda has had it at least that long but is in much better condition (the last two years, I was feeding Patti thru a tube in her stomach four times a day, she could no longer swallow) had me both amazed, and hoping that she's got more than a few years left. Dude
Dude, I'm putting you on my heroes list immediately.
WTB: Bike World Issues Feb - Sep 1972; Feb - May 1973; Mar-Apr 1978; Jul - Aug 1979.
WTB: ZIPP 500 front wheel (650c clincher)

Likes For SpeedofLite:
Old 11-14-19, 05:22 PM
VintageTTfan

From what I've read, she's afflicted with Progressive Supraneuclear Palsy, which is what killed my wife, Patti, after seven years. The realization that Linda has had it at least that long but is in much better condition (the last two years, I was feeding Patti thru a tube in her stomach four times a day, she could no longer swallow) had me both amazed, and hoping that she's got more than a few years left. The unfortunate reality is that it is going to kill her.
My Dad had a major stroke and we cared for him in our home for a decade. People have NO CLUE what it is like till they lived it. People used to say to my sister "What is your job?" when she would be up at three a.m. attending to his needs. That is how clueless and insensitive people are. In what really matters in life you are a hero sir. You really loved her obviously and it will be a better day when you are reunited with her in the world to come. God bless you.

Last edited by VintageTTfan; 11-14-19 at 05:22 PM. Reason: add
Likes For VintageTTfan:
Old 11-14-19, 06:02 PM
seypat

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 1524 Post(s)
Liked 413 Times in 296 Posts
Originally Posted by VintageTTfan View Post
I am ashamed to admit this is the first time I have seen her. She is quite beautiful. I have heard good things about her music so I will give it a try.
I don't know if I would listen to her music. It might get you in trouble. I've heard it is scandalous.
Likes For seypat:
Old 11-14-19, 06:35 PM
VintageTTfan

Originally Posted by seypat View Post
I don't know if I would listen to her music. It might get you in trouble. I've heard it is scandalous.
I was like "Whaaaaat?" Then looked it up........not big fan of cheesy jokes ....but yours was not bad actually....kind of like melted cheddar on a baked potato........

Why am I starving all of a sudden?
Old 11-14-19, 06:59 PM
UKFan4Sure 
Useless Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 372 Post(s)
Liked 157 Times in 105 Posts
I am sorry for your loss. Seriously. Until you've watched a spouse (and the family) go through hell with sickness no one can understand how it changes your life forever. I fortunately, have not. But I have a couple of close friends that have, and I watched their pain as they went through the ordeal.
Old 11-15-19, 11:07 AM
sykerocker 

Bikes: The keepers: 1958 Raleigh Lenton Grand Prix, 1968 Ranger, 1969 Magneet Sprint, 1971 Gitane Tour de France, 1973 Raleigh Tourist, 3 - 1986 Rossins, and a '77 PX-10 frame in process.

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 171 Post(s)
Liked 111 Times in 68 Posts
Originally Posted by UKFan4Sure View Post
I am sorry for your loss. Seriously. Until you've watched a spouse (and the family) go through hell with sickness no one can understand how it changes your life forever. I fortunately, have not. But I have a couple of close friends that have, and I watched their pain as they went through the ordeal.
I learned three things out of that whole experience:

1. It's amazing what you can accomplish when life forces you to face the situation, and you're too stupid to realize you can't do it.

2. Karmic balance. I lost a very loved wife. And in the process I gained another. My current wife was the 0700-1500 nursing aide shift to care for her, and was with Patti at the time she died. I was definitely rewarded for the efforts I put in.

3. Never underestimate the pleasant surprises you'll get in the process, and enjoy them. First off, my cat. Yes, my cat. Two shifts of nursing aides to assist me, Maggie at 0700-1500 and another woman 1500-2100 and put Patti to bed. At which point my cat Linus parks himself alongside her, 2100-0000 when I'd finally come to bed, coming to get me in the next room if she tried to get out of bed or do anything other than lie there and sleep. It gave me three hours to go on line, have a beer and just unwind so I could get to sleep. And on the day the EMT's came to rush Patti to the hospital for the last time, they had a hell of a time getting him out of the way.

Also, some of you may remember the photo shoot I did four years ago of the old bike shop I'd put together at the previous house in Montpelier. That was a major sanity block. Once the nursing aide came on duty I'd disappear across the driveway and start wrenching bikes. That, more than anything else, got me thru this.

"No wonder we keep testing positive in their bicycle races. Everyone looks like they're full of testosterone when they're surrounded by Frenchmen." ---Argus Hamilton
Likes For sykerocker:
Old 11-18-19, 02:27 PM
dweenk 

Bikes: 1971 Fuji Finest, Royale, S-10-S, 1976 Motobecane Mirage, 1989 Trek 330, 1100, 1970 Raleigh Sport, and more

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Quoted: 709 Post(s)
Liked 99 Times in 73 Posts
Linda doing backup on Warren Zevon's "Excitable Boy"

Old 12-13-19, 06:15 PM
malcala622 

Bikes: Bianchi Trofeo/Giro/Krono.Tommasini Prestige. Bottecchia Cromor. Gios Torino. Miele Latina. WANT Trek 770 Pink

Mentioned: 66 Post(s)
Quoted: 805 Post(s)
Liked 369 Times in 248 Posts
It breaks my heart to see Linda with Parkinsons and not be able to sing. Her music in spanish is what i grew up listening to and when my dad showed me an early picture of her I instantly forgot about my 5th grade school crush.

Old 12-13-19, 06:18 PM
Wileyone 

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 1315 Post(s)
Liked 209 Times in 148 Posts
Originally Posted by malcala622 View Post
It breaks my heart to see Linda with Parkinsons and not be able to sing. Her music in spanish is what i grew up listening to and when my dad showed me an early picture of her I instantly forgot about my 5th grade school crush.
Sometimes it's best to go with what they were than with what they are.
Old 12-13-19, 06:28 PM
Goofball

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked 38 Times in 27 Posts
She let pompeo have it pretty good 😀
Likes For Goofball: