Go Back  Bike Forums > The Lounge > Foo
Reload this Page >

Toilet paper wars?

Notices
Foo Off-Topic chit chat with no general subject.

Toilet paper wars?

Old 04-04-20, 02:05 PM
Hondo Gravel
Viking Berserker

Bikes: Too many Motobecanes

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1241 Post(s)
Liked 1,093 Times in 706 Posts
Originally Posted by FiftySix View Post
No hay problema. Could be another business for the cartels to get into, if they haven't already.
Is this an improvement? I could go to the border and make a killing smuggling Mexican beer or any beer into Mexico. I would just float in across the River in an inner tube.

Likes For Hondo Gravel:
Old 04-04-20, 02:22 PM
Hondo Gravel
Viking Berserker

I decided to keep my stash though making a trip to the Rio Grand may be in the works

Likes For Hondo Gravel:
Old 04-04-20, 02:48 PM
Hondo Gravel
Viking Berserker

I’ll need a beer buzz the get through all this. Nasty garage cleaning, bike tool reorganization requires fluids

Old 04-04-20, 04:15 PM
FiftySix
I'm the anecdote.

Bikes: '13 Norco CityGlide 8IGH, '12 Schwinn "Speedster" Willy SS

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 911 Post(s)
Liked 801 Times in 582 Posts
Originally Posted by Hondo Gravel View Post
I decided to keep my stash though making a trip to the Rio Grand may be in the works

That's a beautiful sight.
Likes For FiftySix:
Old 04-04-20, 04:30 PM
ahsposo 
Turgid Member

Bikes: A Home Built All Rounder, Bianchi 928, Specialized Langster, Dahon Folder

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 4368 Post(s)
Liked 1,080 Times in 668 Posts
"Candied Pecan Porter"?

"Spandex"

Has the Texas Association of Studly Studs come by and demanded their membership card back yet?
Likes For ahsposo:
Old 04-04-20, 04:58 PM
Hondo Gravel
Viking Berserker

Yup I’m on the Pecan beer now and to my surprise it’s pretty good Smells like chocolate when I opens the bottle. The red one is Merello Dark Cherry that one tastes like cough syrup. Frost is ok but the Pecan Candied Porter tastes good.

Old 04-08-20, 05:31 AM
Rollfast
What happened?

Bikes: 3 Rollfasts, 3 Schwinns, a Shelby and a Higgins Flightliner in a pear tree!

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1831 Post(s)
Liked 280 Times in 244 Posts
Originally Posted by ahsposo View Post
I am happy to report the procedure went well, the doctor only found, a benign comma splice and a dangling participle of.
Am I lucky? All of the tortuous stuff I went through in medicine was administered by cute women. I had to warn the nice brunette that I would be swearing in a Catholic hospital when the catheter was removed.

I got my paper the other day.
Old 04-09-20, 07:34 PM
Seattle Forrest

Mentioned: 67 Post(s)
Quoted: 12014 Post(s)
Liked 3,358 Times in 1,872 Posts
Likes For Seattle Forrest:
Old 04-10-20, 03:43 AM
Seattle Forrest

Likes For Seattle Forrest:
Old 04-17-20, 11:34 AM
ilikebikes
K2ProFlex baby!

Location: My response would have been something along the lines of: "Does your bike have computer controlled suspension? Then shut your piehole, this baby is from the future!"

Bikes: to many to list

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by locolobo13 View Post
They're ruining my routine. I buy groceries Saturday mornings. To avoid the crowds. That didn't work out this morning. The produce aisle was normal.

Funny thing yesterday, the deli said I couldn't refill my cup. They wanted me to ask for a new cup before refilling. Rarely need a refill anyway.

BTW: TP gone, one roll of paper towels left at the grocery store. I think I got enuff to get thru the panic. Enough washrags and cloth towels if not. Read somewhere the Romans used sponges. In civilized society you were expected to clean and replace the sponge for the next person.
Wash cloths people, unless you have a problem cleaning them? if thatís the case have at the toilet paper wars. (Iíve got binocs and plenty of popcorn)
You see, their morals, their code...it's a bad joke, dropped at the first sign of trouble. They're only as good as the world allows them to be. I'll show you. When the chips are down, these...These "civilized" people...they'll eat each other. See, I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve
Old 04-21-20, 10:02 PM
wgscott
Occam's Rotor

Mentioned: 61 Post(s)
Quoted: 2366 Post(s)
Liked 1,232 Times in 645 Posts
Ordered some for the kid from Amazon. Several weeks later, it arrived:

Likes For wgscott:
Old 05-01-20, 03:58 PM
dstrong 

Bikes: Specialized Roubaix, Interloc Impala, ParkPre Image C6

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 207 Post(s)
Liked 27 Times in 18 Posts
Either you have gigantic hands or that is some really small TP!

2014 Specialized Roubaix2003 Interloc Impala2007 ParkPre Image C6 (RIP)

Old 05-08-20, 10:14 AM
mrodgers

Bikes: 2014 Giant Escape 1

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 267 Post(s)
Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts
Popping back on here because of my earlier post of the number of craps are in a 48 pack of Costco TP and a few other posts...

Originally Posted by CliffordK View Post
Hmmm, I'm trying to figure out how much TP the average person uses. I currently use very little. I think when I was really using a lot, a roll might last me a month or so.

But, I'm seeing estimates on the internet of a couple of rolls a week!! Although, perhaps it depends on whether men or women are writing the articles.

So, if it is a roll a month, then a 12 pack would be sufficient to stock up for a year.
If it is a couple of rolls a week, then skip the food and pile on the TP.
Originally Posted by chewybrian View Post
https://howmuchtoiletpaper.com/

^Evidently, I'm good for about 6 months!
I'm alone, I don't work by the mantra of never work on company time and never crap on your own. The work crap is for extreme emergencies only. Thus my usage was 100% at home. April 1st I had a partial roll I put aside and started a new roll of Angel Soft 250 sheet. I finished it on the 17th. 17 days on a roll of toilet paper, a Costco/Sam's 48 pack of 250 sheet would last me until June of 2022. So even with women being in the picture, I don't think you need a 48 pack for every member of the household. Over 2 years I think is overkill for surviving a 14 day quarantine as that was what the initial hoarding was from.

I had 2 packages of Scotts when I bought the Angel Soft, and now that I've tried Angel Soft, I'm not on a septic any more so I am switching. Was still using Scotts because that's what I was use to prior to divorce and being on a septic. I gave my Scotts to the ex and the kids. But on the 18th after the Angel Soft was done, I started a new roll of Scotts 1000 sheet. Significantly thinner, you use more per usage. Ran the Scotts roll out on the 29th, 11 days on Scotts.

Now the calculator, I entered in 1 person 1 crap per day and it gave me 16 days on a single roll. Pretty darn accurate to my own results, though there were some days that usage was greater than 1 per day.

Originally Posted by Vintage Schwinn View Post
Deja Vu All Over Again....
From the week just before Christmas 1973 to the Miami Dolphins destroying the Minnesota Vikings in the Super Bowl in mid January 1974, there was a shortage of Toilet Paper in the USA. ....................Anyone 63 or older today (at least 16 years old in 1973) would remember the OIL CRISIS of 1973 and the gas lines, rationing, and shortages of gasoline at many stations. ...................Well, all the folks with the 8 mpg land yachts that couldn't get enough gasoline to travel as much for ordinary errands got so nervous that they were expecting to do more Number 2 than usual so guess what..................................and Johnny Carson's 12-19-73 monologue
comments on the subject about the shortage of toilet paper just sent many nervewracked, stressed-out folks chasing toilet paper and causing a shortage.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5K9-Lz0SbrA

https://www.priceonomics.com/the-gre...scare-of-1973/
That's funny. "Forget the coffee, just give me the shopping bag." The younger crowd wouldn't understand that one. "Why would you use a plastic shopping bag?" LOL.
Old 05-08-20, 04:05 PM
grizzly59

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Liked 56 Times in 42 Posts
Just finished installing my Kohler Bidet Toilet Seat. TP use went down a good bit. Comfort when way up. Awesome.

https://www.us.kohler.com/us/c3-455-...brandId=empty&
Old 05-09-20, 09:57 PM
wgscott
Occam's Rotor

Mentioned: 61 Post(s)
Quoted: 2366 Post(s)
Liked 1,232 Times in 645 Posts
Originally Posted by dstrong View Post
Either you have gigantic hands or that is some really small TP!
That is my kid. He might take a size large glove. A shipment of the same thing from amazon.con [sic] arrived here, too. They are even worse than what it looks like in the photo. I can't see ever using these. I've seen larger tampons.

The reviews are quite entertaining. I just read them because I was checking back to see if they had normal toilet paper at normal prices. (No.)
Old 05-10-20, 06:35 AM
Speedway2

Bikes: Specialized Langster, Giant OCR, Marin Muirwoods, Felt Speedway2. Norco Indie3. VROD:)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Liked 111 Times in 83 Posts
Originally Posted by Hondo Gravel View Post
Explain why people are fighting over toilet paper?
Why?....because if someone sneezes (in a line-up) Everyone shytes their pants
Old 05-10-20, 11:35 AM
ahsposo 
Turgid Member

Bikes: A Home Built All Rounder, Bianchi 928, Specialized Langster, Dahon Folder

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 4368 Post(s)
Liked 1,080 Times in 668 Posts
Originally Posted by grizzly59 View Post
Just finished installing my Kohler Bidet Toilet Seat. TP use went down a good bit. Comfort when way up. Awesome.

https://www.us.kohler.com/us/c3-455-...brandId=empty&
Hey! Post us a video on how you use that. Looks interesting!
Likes For ahsposo:
Old 05-10-20, 12:12 PM
CliffordK

Mentioned: 195 Post(s)
Quoted: 11490 Post(s)
Liked 933 Times in 725 Posts
When I went out shopping a few days ago, the stocks on TP still seemed to be down, and I think facial tissue (I wonder if people are using facial tissue to replace TP).

Paper Towels and other paper products seem to have generally rebounded.

I still find this whole thing to be pretty extraordinary. If people had simply shifted from purchasing 1 package a week to purchasing 2 packages every 2 weeks, then one might expect an initial run on the products, but demand to eventually level out.

We still seem to have horders, so despite limits on amounts to purchase, some people just continue to purchase way more than they need.

Are individuals increasing their use of TP due to coronavirus? I can imagine using more cleaning products, but TP just doesn't seem to be an item that one would significantly change one's consumption, unless one gets a bad case of the runs... running for months.

Fortunately we're not experiencing an Cholera epidemic.
Old 05-10-20, 02:25 PM
bobwysiwyg

Bikes: Mongoose Selous, Trek DS

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 927 Post(s)
Liked 287 Times in 173 Posts
When I went out shopping a few days ago, the stocks on TP still seemed to be down, and I think facial tissue (I wonder if people are using facial tissue to replace TP).

Paper Towels and other paper products seem to have generally rebounded.

I still find this whole thing to be pretty extraordinary. If people had simply shifted from purchasing 1 package a week to purchasing 2 packages every 2 weeks, then one might expect an initial run on the products, but demand to eventually level out.

We still seem to have horders, so despite limits on amounts to purchase, some people just continue to purchase way more than they need.

Are individuals increasing their use of TP due to coronavirus? I can imagine using more cleaning products, but TP just doesn't seem to be an item that one would significantly change one's consumption, unless one gets a bad case of the runs... running for months.

Fortunately we're not experiencing an Cholera epidemic.
I wonder if this stems from being at home vs work and school, for the kids. Prior to the stay at home, much of the TP usage was on someone else's dime.
Old 05-10-20, 02:29 PM
CliffordK

Mentioned: 195 Post(s)
Quoted: 11490 Post(s)
Liked 933 Times in 725 Posts
Originally Posted by bobwysiwyg View Post
I wonder if this stems from being at home vs work and school, for the kids. Prior to the stay at home, much of the TP usage was on someone else's dime.
Don't forget getting paid for "Throne Time"

I suppose one deals with commercial packaging and distribution of products vs retail packaging of products.

For as long as I can remember, I've preferred to use the can at home.
Old 05-12-20, 08:47 AM
mrodgers

Bikes: 2014 Giant Escape 1

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 267 Post(s)
Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts
Originally Posted by ahsposo View Post
Hey! Post us a video on how you use that. Looks interesting!
No, we certainly do not want to see a video of him using it!

Don't forget getting paid for "Throne Time"

I suppose one deals with commercial packaging and distribution of products vs retail packaging of products.

For as long as I can remember, I've preferred to use the can at home.
Yup, I see some of the people I work with and wonder why anyone would willingly want to sit down after they have.

These are the same people that I saw posting in FB "I'm more surprised about the people who think hand washing is a new thing" while just that day he walked out of the stall, past me, past the sink, and out the door. I think he may have been posting that while in the crapper just before he walked out and didn't wash his hands.
Old 05-12-20, 12:40 PM
Seattle Forrest