Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Help with identifying a possible Peugeot PX-8?

Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Old 05-27-20, 03:14 AM
hahsasjsdhsa

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Dear all,
this is my first post in this forum and I would appreciate some help with this bike I might buy.
The seller told me it is a Peugeot PX8 but is not entirely sure. Here is the link: facebook.com/marketplace/item/200817407605079/
Is this a Peugeot PX8 and - given it is in a good condition, is it worth the price?
Kind regards
Old 05-27-20, 04:14 AM
cb400bill
Forum Moderator

Bikes: Fuji SL2.1 Carbon Di2 Cannondale Synapse Alloy 4 Trek Checkpoint ALR-5 Viscount Aerospace Pro Colnago Classic Rabobank Schwinn Waterford PMount Raleigh C50 Cromoly Hybrid Legnano Tipo Roma Pista

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Quoted: 3059 Post(s)
Liked 6,379 Times in 3,692 Posts
Pic assist

Old 05-27-20, 04:57 AM
KenNC

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked 114 Times in 63 Posts
Well assuming 160 euros = 176 dollars, I think it is reasonable. Not a bargain, but not outrageous by metropolitan southeast US standards. More specifically I note: the frame and decals look in very good condition. The all chrome front fork is usually half painted in the US, but I can't say for the Netherlands, so I can't say whether the front fork is original as is, original with stripped paint, or a replacement. The front derailleur is the original and looks to be in good shape but the polymer is known to be subject to aging and cracking. The fenders are a nice plus. Can't quite see if the wheels are original but of course the tires are new (or newer). The pedals looks like updated replacements. Overall looks well maintained. If it is your size, fits your needs, and checks out mechanically, and the seller will negotiate a little, seems okay to me.
Old 05-27-20, 07:02 AM
juvela

Mentioned: 414 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3783 Post(s)
Liked 3,288 Times in 2,148 Posts
-----

1975 domestic French catalogue page for model PX8L -

1974 U.S. market catalogue page for model UE8 -

-----