Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Regional Rides and Events > Northern California Regional Rides and Events
Reload this Page >

California Coast Classic - San Francisco to Los Angeles - Sept. 21-28

Notices
Northern California Regional Rides and Events Northern California

Old 01-08-19, 08:40 PM
OrenNoah

Bikes: 2019 Trek Madone SLR6; 2014 Specialized Langster

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Please join me for this year's California Coast Classic, which goes from San Francisco to Los Angeles over eight days and is the largest fundraiser for the Arthritis Foundation.

We leave San Francisco on September 21 and arrive in Los Angeles on September 28.

The ride is incredibly well supported, catered breakfasts and dinners in camp, multiple rest stops, roving sag wagons and dedicated tour mechanics included. There are also nightly happy hours sponsored by microbreweries, wineries and/or microdistilleries. Hotel options also are available.

But the competition for the best part of the ride is between (a) the gorgeous scenery down the California coast - especially along Big Sur, (b) the friendly, family atmosphere of us riders and (c) the good that our efforts are doing for those suffering from arthritis, especially kids with arthritis.

We are limited to 250 riders, which helps with the family, mutually supportive feeling between us and also allows us to go down the Big Sur coast. Larger rides have to stay farther inland.

If you have any questions, PM me.

Here is my fundraising page, which has links to general information about the ride: events.arthritis.org/participant/Oren
Old 11-24-19, 11:51 AM
SCTinkering

Bikes: 2020 T-Lab X-3 w/GRX Di2, 2018 Trek FX-5S with GRX/Xt 1x drive train

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked 41 Times in 25 Posts
I did this ride in 2003 and I'm going to do it again in 2020. As a veteran rider I only have to raise $3350, but I've targeted $4k. The biggest hills to climb for this ride aren't actually on the road.