Search
Notices
Hybrid Bicycles Where else would you go to discuss these fun, versatile bikes?

Fuji Jari

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-19, 07:23 PM
AU Tiger

Bikes: 2018 Fuji Jari 1.5, 2017 Kona Fire Mountain

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Liked 55 Times in 36 Posts
Fuji Jari

After four years with my Fuji Absolute, I replaced it this weekend with a 2018 Fuji Jari 1.5. A few years ago I put bar ends on the Absolute, and I found that hand position much more comfortable. But I didn't like not having immediate access to the brakes and shifting with my hands on the bars. So I decided that a gravel bike would be a nice compromise between a fitness hybrid and a full-on road bike. The geometry isn't quite as aggressive as a road bike, the flared drop bars feel more natural to me than traditional ones, and the wide tire clearance still allows me to run 35mm tires (my preference for the rural roads in my area). So in a way, I think of a gravel bike as a hybrid bike. And my local Fuji shop had a great deal on this bike since it was a previous year model. I only had a chance to get in a short ride with the family this afternoon. I'm ready for the rain to stop so I can get in a good 15 or 20 mile ride. But so far I thoroughly love the riding position and extra hand positions - much more natural feeling than what I used to imagine drop bars would be. And the 1x11 gearing is fun, too. Here's what it looked like when I got it home yesterday:

Likes For AU Tiger:
Old 06-02-19, 05:49 PM
travbikeman

Bikes: State 4130 Custom, Giant Trance 29

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 422 Post(s)
Liked 182 Times in 123 Posts
Very Nice! Always liked the Jari's, especially when Performance Bikes (the old one) used to sell these at a good price.....maybe too good since they obviously weren't making enough money to stay in business.

I always thought it funny that the Gravel bikes at times from some articles I've read in past are considered a hybrid bike between a road and mountain bike. You can go fast on it similar as a road, but not as fast as a road bike on pavement, you can ride many light mountain trails but not too technical.....You can do all kinds of riding, but it's not perfect on any particular style....these in my mindsets are hybrids with a road bike handlebar.

I want one...................

****Note..I don't have money for it, but one day....I want one. It looks like a great ride! Should be nice on all the great trails PA has!
Old 06-02-19, 09:52 PM
AU Tiger

Bikes: 2018 Fuji Jari 1.5, 2017 Kona Fire Mountain

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Liked 55 Times in 36 Posts
Originally Posted by travbikeman
I want one...................

****Note..I don't have money for it, but one day....I want one.
Well I made the mistake of taking it out for a test ride when I was in the shop a couple of weeks ago buying a rack for the car. I told the guy then, "I'm already spending $400 on a bike rack, so I don't think I can afford a new bike at this point." But I kept thinking about the test ride and how good of a deal they had on the bike. Before long, I came up with a way to justify the purchase.
Likes For AU Tiger: