Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Making my Ti bike a "trophy bike", deep cleaning, long-term storage, lessons learned

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Making my Ti bike a "trophy bike", deep cleaning, long-term storage, lessons learned

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-20, 07:26 AM
noodle soup

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4717 Post(s)
Liked 1,882 Times in 998 Posts
Originally Posted by Greiselman
I'd be interested in hearing more about your top 10 if this one doesn't make the cut. This one already make me want to carve out my eyeballs with a dull spoon... can't wait to see what else is out there.
you can start with this one https://www.bikeforums.net/road-cycl...d-ever-bf.html
Likes For noodle soup:
Old 05-30-20, 08:09 AM
fuji_owner

Bikes: 2012 Seven Axiom SL; Surly Cross Check

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Litespud
Nice welds indeed. When it comes to Ti construction, I imagine that welds are the most common point of failure, given the technical difficulties in welding Ti, so as I see it, the more experience the welder has, the better (ie, high volume isn't necessarily a vice). My bog standard mass-produced Litespeed has pretty decent welds too. I think the point others are making is that, at the end of the day, your Seven is a mass-produced (albeit very well-made - I'm not denigrating Seven at all) consumer item that anyone with a few grand to spend on a frame can buy - it's not the Mona Lisa.

Of course it's not the Mona Lisa. No bike that anyone here can order is one-of-its-kind. That's what I was saying when indyfabz was trolling that his Engin is somehow one-of-its-kind, and my Seven is "nothing special". Either all custom frames are equally special or equally "nothing special".

But there is a difference between custom frames and mass-produced frames. Custom frames are not manufactured in advance of an order, they are made to measure like a tailored suit. That's how each custom frame is unique. Mass-produced frames are made to some standard sizes ahead of time and then customers just pick one. Seven does not do mass-produced frames.
Old 05-30-20, 08:24 AM
fuji_owner

Bikes: 2012 Seven Axiom SL; Surly Cross Check

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 10 Posts
I keep forgetting that this forum is filled with toxic catty high school girl cliques. I have waaaay better things to do than waste my time here. Goodbye forever.
Old 05-30-20, 08:57 AM
DrIsotope
Non omnino gravis

Bikes: Nekobasu, Pandicorn, Lakitu

Mentioned: 119 Post(s)
Quoted: 4905 Post(s)
Liked 1,731 Times in 958 Posts
Well, the OP has now stated "Goodbye forever," so I guess that's the final nail for this one. Closed.