Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electric Bikes
Reload this Page >

Anybody recently purchased a Juiced CrossCurrent S2 ebike?

Search
Notices
Electric Bikes Here's a place to discuss ebikes, from home grown to high-tech.

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-20, 11:09 AM
wins02

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I am seriously considering purchasing a Juiced CrossCurrent S2 ebike. Has anyone recently purchased this bike? Any thoughts about performance and quality of this bike? I'm especially interested to know how the Torque sensor performs.
Old 07-20-20, 09:12 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 4335 Post(s)
Liked 3,958 Times in 2,646 Posts
They are lower quality online bikes. If you are keen on your own maintenance or spending lots of money to get it fixed often it is an e-bike that exists. Me personally having had many in the shop wouldn't recommend it to anyone. Hub drives in general tend to suffer from burnt out motors, broken spokes, cracked rims and other problems. They are also less efficient then a mid drive system.

For the price I can get something like the Gazelle Medeo T9 which has a Bosch Motor and better warranty. It is certainly not a super great bike but is better than this for the same price. I could also look at the Specialized Vado 3.0 which is a little more and similar or I could spend the money and get a Vado 5.0 or Gazelle Ulitmate T10 Speed or if I can find a shop the Cityzen T10 speed or Raleigh Redux IE (Bosch) which are all decent bikes and better warranties and support.

Bosch I know I can go into just about any shop in the country especially one with a QBP account and get service on it or get some support with hub drives and stuff like that I may not and probably most shops wouldn't want to touch with a ten foot pole. Specialized dealer easy warranty as well, same thing with Shimano and their software is the same for Di2 as well.

For a bike I ride once and a while and not for commuting or anything but short little trips near the house then some of the less reliable online stuff is OK but if I am commuting or using it for a car replacement or riding often I will want to put money towards something a bit nicer with really good support behind it.
Likes For veganbikes:
Old 07-20-20, 09:39 PM
wins02

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Thank you Veganbikes. Good timing with your response. I was ready to pull the trigger but started reading some bad reviews. Then I read your response. Great timing. I really appreciate you taking the time to answer my post.
Likes For wins02:
Old 07-21-20, 09:43 AM
wsgts

Bikes: 2018 Specialized AWOL, 2013 Surly Pacer, 2011 Raleigh One-Way, 1973 Raleigh Super Course, 2020 Surly Big Dummy

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked 30 Times in 21 Posts
I owned a juiced bike for a while, quickly sold it. Never again.

Old 07-21-20, 04:38 PM
wins02

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
The reviews on Yelp are scary!
Old 07-22-20, 08:20 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 4335 Post(s)
Liked 3,958 Times in 2,646 Posts
Originally Posted by wins02
Thank you Veganbikes. Good timing with your response. I was ready to pull the trigger but started reading some bad reviews. Then I read your response. Great timing. I really appreciate you taking the time to answer my post.
Happy to help. Good luck with your e-bike purchase. I would check out my local shop or the closest shop you have (which in some cases can be farther away...we had a customer today who drove 5 hours to get to us) and maybe talk with them on the phone first and see if they are interested in e-bikes and can let you test ride some quality stuff. Look for Bosch, Brose, Shimano or Yamaha that way you have something you can get support for in more shops. Look for good components on it Deore 10 speed and higher, hydraulic disc brakes and make sure it has a narrow-wide/1x specific chainring (or belt ring).

Keep in mind if you are going with a internally geared hub, that mechanically actuated hubs are more like a clutch and require you to stop pedaling before you shift (aside from the NuVinci/Enviolo). Also if you are running an IGH go for a Gates Belt Drive, lower maintenance and nice and quiet plus you don't need to get dirty or lube anything.