Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Rear tire replacement Schwinn Collegiate

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-20, 08:35 PM
ShelbyBiker88

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hello! I’m very new to the biking world, and need some help replacing the rear tire on an old Schwinn Collegiate - pretty sure it’s the 1987 model. Front tire was a piece of cake. Rear, not so much. I disconnected the brake cable and another piece (looks almost like a quick release on newer bikes - not familiar with terms). I’ve tried everything to loosen the nut but it won’t budge. It’s not rusted, just doesn’t loosen. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!
Old 04-18-20, 08:54 PM
branko_76 

Bikes: ........................................ .....Holdsworth "Special"..... .......Falcon "Special".......... .........Miyata 912........... ........................................

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 702 Post(s)
Liked 671 Times in 419 Posts
Originally Posted by ShelbyBiker88
Hello! I’m very new to the biking world, and need some help replacing the rear tire on an old Schwinn Collegiate - pretty sure it’s the 1987 model. Front tire was a piece of cake. Rear, not so much. I disconnected the brake cable and another piece (looks almost like a quick release on newer bikes - not familiar with terms). I’ve tried everything to loosen the nut but it won’t budge. It’s not rusted, just doesn’t loosen. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!
Does it have a rear derailleur like this one...?

Old 04-18-20, 08:59 PM
branko_76 

Bikes: ........................................ .....Holdsworth "Special"..... .......Falcon "Special".......... .........Miyata 912........... ........................................

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 702 Post(s)
Liked 671 Times in 419 Posts
or without rear derailleur like this one...?