Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electric Bikes
Reload this Page >

Tidal Force Technical assistance desperately needed

Search
Notices
Electric Bikes Here's a place to discuss ebikes, from home grown to high-tech.

Tidal Force Technical assistance desperately needed

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-20, 12:55 PM
ForeelManKat

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Question Tidal Force Technical assistance desperately needed

So I just acquired a good old Tidal Force e-bike through facebook marketplace from a guy who didn't want to work too much on it after it was giving him problems, which was that it would randomly cut out the power to the motor, and won't go from a stand still. He had the battery and motor tested (which he assures me are both fine) and just couldn't figure it out so he gave up.

But to my surprise I am pretty sure that I have discovered it's issue. It is this (12 pin I believe) connector that comes from the battery to the control board (pics are on my profile). The technical assistance I am so desperately seeking from this highly educated community is what this connector is called and where I would go to acquire one so I can replace the burned out and rusted one currently on my bike?

I have also notice that the front wheel has some serious resistance on it and what sounds to me like the battery rubbing against the inside of the hub. Any solutions to this problem?

Also if it exists at all, does anyone have the actual specs and/or the original owners manual for this bike specifically, that would be exponentially amazing. Thanks in advance.
Old 08-06-20, 12:20 AM
ambroseliao

Bikes: Tidalforce S-750X, M-750, iO Cruiser

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
The connector is called a Hirose connector. It is a bear to work on because the pins are so small and close together. Google it. I believe Mouser or other places have them.

The issue with Tidalforce bikes when they won’t run is most probably the front hub battery.

Google “how to replace the Tidalforce front hub battery” to see the process of replacing it.