Search
Notices
Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals. Use this subforum for all requests as to "How much is this vintage bike worth?"Do NOT try to sell it in here, use the Marketplaces.

OCC Schwinn Stingray

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-10, 11:41 PM
thebrokenspoke
TheBrokenSpoke

Bikes: Haro Impulse,1977 Schwinn trike,1968 Schwinn Sting Ray Fair Lady,Sears Spyder,1980 Schwinn Suburban and Sears Spaceliner/ Firecat chopper forks

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
OCC Schwinn Stingray

Greetings everybody. I recently purchased an OCC Schwinn Stingray Chopper @ our local thrift strore for $22.00.It has a chrome frame and 4.25" rear tire. It has been sitting outside for some time and it's starting rust @ the weld joints. My question is "Does anyone project a collectors value on these bikes?" My take is that so many of them was made that they won't be worth much. I had my 7 year old daughter with me and she fell in love with it and seeing how I used to make my own "Choppers" thought this was great!!! Now What??? Keep it original or do it up "My" way? I have seen these bikes on E-bay both Chromed and Powder-Coated from the factory... I could just coat it and let her enjoy it. What do ya'll think?

Roll it hard till you snap some "SPOKES!"
Old 02-23-10, 10:07 AM
Flying Merkel

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 10 Posts
They are crappy bikes to actually ride. I believe most of them that were sold were as toys or future collectibles. Can't see much collectors value on the horizon. You are spot on- bikes or best to be enjoyed & ridden. Turn yer girl loose.
Old 02-23-10, 10:27 AM
Artkansas 
Pedaled too far.

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Sounds like a great Father/Daughter project. OCC is known for making custom choppers for their clients, so use that as a base to make a custom one to her specifications. Who knows, you might end up with chopper with a wicker basket and a pink poodle. Let your client go wild.

Originally Posted by Bjforrestal
I don't care if you are on a unicycle, as long as you're not using a motor to get places you get props from me. We're here to support each other. Share ideas, and motivate one another to actually keep doing it.
Old 02-27-10, 09:27 PM
thebrokenspoke
TheBrokenSpoke

Bikes: Haro Impulse,1977 Schwinn trike,1968 Schwinn Sting Ray Fair Lady,Sears Spyder,1980 Schwinn Suburban and Sears Spaceliner/ Firecat chopper forks

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I thank ya'll and agree that it is best suited to fix and ride! I'll post some pics of before and after. She'll get a kick out of it... Thanks again Michael.