Search
Notices
Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals. Use this subforum for all requests as to "How much is this vintage bike worth?"Do NOT try to sell it in here, use the Marketplaces.

Group mix from an 87 Schwinn World

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-20, 06:59 PM
Mir3886

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Group mix from an 87 Schwinn World

I’m rebuilding a frame off of a bike I got for next to nothing. It’s a 87 Schwinn World with a Suntour 7 rear derailleur but 2x5 setup. Stem shifters, sugino crank, Weinman 27” wheels etc.

I was just going to stash it all but got started cleaning it and repacked the hubs and everything is in fantastic shape.

any clue what the value is on this group set? I doubt much other than the derailleurs but it would be a steal for someone just building up a vintage or commuter project.
Old 07-04-20, 06:50 AM
ramzilla

Bikes: Vintage Japanese Bicycles, Tange, Ishiwata, Kuwahara

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 700 Post(s)
Liked 322 Times in 252 Posts
The 70's through 80's Schwinn World bikes were amazing values. They came with nice high tensile steel lugged frames and, dependable components. The early ones had chrome steel wheels that became alloy wheels later in the 80's. Mostly made in Taiwan by Giant for Schwinn. Not many collectors are interested in these humble rides. But, they make good grocery getters & loaner bikes. Unfortunately, the group of parts above won't command a very high price. If it were my stuff I'd take it all down to the local bike store that refurbishes old bikes for charity. Otherwise, keep them for later repairs. Or, advertise them for about $100 and be ready to accept less.
Old 07-04-20, 08:18 AM
Mir3886

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ramzilla
The 70's through 80's Schwinn World bikes were amazing values. They came with nice high tensile steel lugged frames and, dependable components. The early ones had chrome steel wheels that became alloy wheels later in the 80's. Mostly made in Taiwan by Giant for Schwinn. Not many collectors are interested in these humble rides. But, they make good grocery getters & loaner bikes. Unfortunately, the group of parts above won't command a very high price. If it were my stuff I'd take it all down to the local bike store that refurbishes old bikes for charity. Otherwise, keep them for later repairs. Or, advertise them for about $100 and be ready to accept less.

Thanks, I honestly wasn’t expecting much at all but wanted to price to move them out ASAP
Old 07-05-20, 11:37 AM
SurferRosa
señor miembro

Bikes: '70s - '80s Campagnolo

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Quoted: 3885 Post(s)
Liked 6,480 Times in 3,206 Posts
$50 tops for the derailleurs/shifters and another $50 for the wheelset.