Go Back  Bike Forums > News & Suggestions > Forum Suggestions & User Assistance
Reload this Page >

Getting Multiple Email Alerts For The Same Post

Notices
Forum Suggestions & User Assistance Have a suggestion for the forums? Need help with the Forums? Post here.

Old 12-04-19, 10:15 AM
bpcyclist

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 451 Post(s)
Liked 364 Times in 227 Posts

Hi there. The title says it all--I just got three email alerts (all at slightly different times) for the exact same post. Is there a reason for this?

Many Thanks--

BPC
Old 12-04-19, 01:42 PM
Rollfast
What happened?

Bikes: 3 Rollfasts, 3 Schwinns, a Shelby and a Higgins Flightliner in a pear tree!

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1835 Post(s)
Liked 292 Times in 255 Posts
Check your subscrived threads list and see what shows up. Otherwise, watch for any other instances and if it only happens that once it could be the server or it could be a hiccup from your email provider.

Do you import email from one service to another? That would be beyond BF's control.
Old 12-04-19, 02:05 PM
CliffordK

Mentioned: 217 Post(s)
Quoted: 18349 Post(s)
Liked 4,501 Times in 3,346 Posts
There are 3 types of notifications.
  • Reply to subscribed thread.
  • Quoted Text
  • Mention
A quote or mention is often a better way to get a person's attention than simply replying to a thread.

One can also use a quote/mention to direct a user's attention to a new thread that they haven't been in, or to bring info from another thread to the current thread.

I think you can modify your notifications in one of the control panels.
Old 12-04-19, 02:15 PM
Rollfast
What happened?

Bikes: 3 Rollfasts, 3 Schwinns, a Shelby and a Higgins Flightliner in a pear tree!

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1835 Post(s)
Liked 292 Times in 255 Posts
My preference but I would prefer weekly notifications (Sunday) and if if was really important a PM from somebody is a good thing.

But I'm an old freaky curmudgeon hermit. I was somewhat pleased when I read the very first internet transmission in 1969 failed after typing two letters.
Old 12-04-19, 02:34 PM
CliffordK

Mentioned: 217 Post(s)
Quoted: 18349 Post(s)
Liked 4,501 Times in 3,346 Posts
Originally Posted by Rollfast
My preference but I would prefer weekly notifications (Sunday) and if if was really important a PM from somebody is a good thing.
Didn't you say that you had turned off some of your notifications. Perhaps I should just put BikeForums on ignore

Or, automatically send all BikeForum messages to their own folder in my e-mail.

At least with some notifications, I think you can set the notifiication interval... somewhere.

Anyway, without further clarification, I think the 3 notifications were: Subscribed/Quoted/Mentioned (although not all users have figured out the recent changes with mention).
Old 12-05-19, 10:34 AM
IBJoel
Administrator

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quoted: 223 Post(s)
Liked 224 Times in 146 Posts
Go here to view all your subscriptions: https://www.bikeforums.net/subscript...ewsubscription

Click the ones you want a weekly notification for and then select "Weekly Notification" from the drop down at the bottom right of the list.