Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Training & Nutrition
Reload this Page >

Favero Assioma Pedals --> L/R Power Meter

Search
Notices
Training & Nutrition Learn how to develop a training schedule that's good for you. What should you eat and drink on your ride? Learn everything you need to know about training and nutrition here.

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-20, 12:17 PM
Giuseppe1965

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi, just bought a pair of fancy Favero pedals... to help me recover from surgery that's weakened one leg (to get back to 50/50). Been trying to connect to them using Wahoo's Android app, which is kinda sucky. Have any recommendations for either a) better phone cycling app, or b) a good small power meter that can show L/R power?
Old 01-11-20, 09:21 PM
BritishV8

Bikes: 1979 Bridgestone SkyWay, 1990 Bridgestone RB-1, 2002 Specialized Hardrock Comp, 2018 Soma Smoothie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 10 Posts
I have the Uno version, and it works fine with the Wahoo app on iPhone.

I thought about buying Duo... but from what I could tell, comparing left and right power simultaneously would require a bike computer rather than a phone app. And I wasn't interested in that.

If that's wrong, or if it changes, I might become interested in upgrading to Duo.

This article shows what Favero Assioma Duo data some of the newer Garmin computers can apparently provide: https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2019/07/...-released.html
Old 01-11-20, 11:55 PM
Seattle Forrest

Mentioned: 89 Post(s)
Quoted: 18883 Post(s)
Liked 10,646 Times in 6,054 Posts
You'll probably have a better chance of finding the answer either in the electronics forum, or in road. More likely road because so many more people read that one, a lot of whom use power meters.

Used Garmins are pretty cheap.
Old 01-24-20, 02:55 PM
kcjc

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked 47 Times in 34 Posts
You can try IpBike but you'll need Ant+. Wahoo's version only works with Pioneer PM (pretty sure it's Ant+ also). Just get a Garmin head unit.