Search
Notices
Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

Essex Boy...

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-20, 05:47 AM
Floss Regularly

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Essex Boy...

HI all,

It's a pleasure to join the forum after months of this popping up on Google searches. I'm particularly into restoring old(er) bikes, sometimes selling and sometimes just enjoying the ride!

Looking forward to absorbing wisdom and learning how not to do things!
Old 02-09-20, 06:30 AM
delbiker1 
Mother Nature's Son

Bikes: 2014 Orbea Avant MD30, 2004 Airborne Zeppelin TI, 2003 Lemond Poprad, 2001 Lemond Tourmalet, 2014? Soma Smoothie

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 853 Post(s)
Liked 1,436 Times in 818 Posts
Welcome FR, BikeForums has been the biggest influence on my rebuilding a few older bikes in the past year. I have learned much in the mechanic's/maintenance aspect of bicycling. I cannot call myself a restorer as I build with a combination of what I have available and sourcing both used and new items. I now have seven bicycles, and a new Soma Smoothie frame soon to be shipped to me. I need to figure out how I am going to do the build, and what I need to get there. I have a few bikes I want to move out and am probably going to use the components off one of them for the Soma.

Enjoy the ride and be safe!
Old 02-10-20, 11:23 AM
Floss Regularly

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Originally Posted by delbiker1
Welcome FR, BikeForums has been the biggest influence on my rebuilding a few older bikes in the past year. I have learned much in the mechanic's/maintenance aspect of bicycling. I cannot call myself a restorer as I build with a combination of what I have available and sourcing both used and new items. I now have seven bicycles, and a new Soma Smoothie frame soon to be shipped to me. I need to figure out how I am going to do the build, and what I need to get there. I have a few bikes I want to move out and am probably going to use the components off one of them for the Soma.

Enjoy the ride and be safe!

I've just searched for a Soma Smoothie - never heard of them (duh!), but the new frames look awesome. I can imagine that my wife would be grimacing more than smiling if I had seven bikes!!
Old 02-10-20, 12:04 PM
79pmooney

Bikes: (2) ti TiCycles, 2007 w/ triple and 2011 fixed, 1979 Peter Mooney, ~1983 Trek 420 now fixed and ~1973 Raleigh Carlton Competition gravel grinder

Mentioned: 129 Post(s)
Quoted: 4806 Post(s)
Liked 3,928 Times in 2,553 Posts
Essex England? Essex Massachusetts? I grew up 50 miles from the Massachusetts Essex. Rode the State Championships there in 1978, right past the the Myopia Hunt Club (a very different style of riding!)

Welcome to our Forum!

BEn
Old 02-10-20, 12:14 PM
Floss Regularly

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Essex England, I'm afraid - where the forefathers are from (Braintree to be precise)
Old 02-11-20, 10:10 PM
StanSeven
Administrator

Bikes: Cervelo C5, Guru Photon, Waterford, Specialized CX

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 1106 Post(s)
Liked 2,179 Times in 1,469 Posts
Welcome. In addition to those other places, I live in Essex Delaware.