Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Przewalski Testimonials

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Przewalski Testimonials

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-20, 10:48 PM
mjac

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 481 Post(s)
Liked 100 Times in 75 Posts
Przewalski Testimonials

I recently bought a pair of Przewalski 4D Bike Shorts and absolutely loved them and consider them at $27.99 to be the best value in Bike Shorts you can buy.

What Przewalski Products did you buy and what did you think of them...Thanks,mjac
Likes For mjac:
Old 02-17-20, 06:42 AM
OldTryGuy

Bikes: Day6 Semi Recumbent "FIREBALL", 1981 Custom Touring Paramount, 1983 Road Paramount, 2013 Giant Propel Advanced SL3, 2018 Specialized Red Roubaix Expert mech., 2002 Magna 7sp hybrid, 1976 Bassett Racing 45sp Cruiser

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 1068 Post(s)
Liked 781 Times in 503 Posts
Originally Posted by mjac
I recently bought a pair of Przewalski 4D Bike Shorts and absolutely loved them and consider them at $27.99 to be the best value in Bike Shorts you can buy.

What Przewalski Products did you buy and what did you think of them...Thanks,mjac
3D 4 ME

Tried 4D and sent them back. Really cool thing was that my CC was credited as soon as UPS Store entered the returned shorts as being checked in.
Old 02-17-20, 07:00 AM
mjac

Originally Posted by OldTryGuy
3D 4 ME

Tried 4D and sent them back. Really cool thing was that my CC was credited as soon as UPS Store entered the returned shorts as being checked in.
I will bet that was an Amazon return. That was what was amazing to me and it has happened several times. As soon as UPS registers the return,which is very shortly after you dropped off the return, your refund is issued and your CC is credited before it is even shipped let alone received. So there is no need to take an Amazon Credit for a fast refund when you can get a cash refund extremely fast. There is no long drawn out delay. It is much quicker then getting a refund back to your card from Walmart or NAPA. Gives you the chance to try different things and sizes painlessly...Thanks,mjac
Likes For mjac:
Old 02-18-20, 11:45 AM
Razorrock

Bikes: Litespeed

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked 32 Times in 21 Posts
I bought a pair of their Bib fleece lined tights this winter. I haven't worn my Gore windblocker tights since then that cost 4X as much.
Old 02-19-20, 10:16 PM
mjac

Originally Posted by Razorrock
I bought a pair of their Bib fleece lined tights this winter. I haven't worn my Gore windblocker tights since then that cost 4X as much.
That's what I am finding....mjac
Old 02-20-20, 12:34 AM
bpcyclist

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 451 Post(s)
Liked 364 Times in 227 Posts
I think the ones I wear most of the time have a 3D pad. I love them.
Old 02-21-20, 06:21 AM
mjac

Originally Posted by bpcyclist
I think the ones I wear most of the time have a 3D pad. I love them.
You, "Canklecat" and "Old Try Guy all like the 3D pad over the 4D pad, even though both are good. I really have to try the 3D pad. But the 4D pad I have is so comfortable I can't imagine that it could be that much better.
Old 02-21-20, 07:05 AM
BonkonFleet

Bikes: 2018 Trek Emonda sl6 Disc

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Do the shorts fit true to size? I'm a 34 waist and according to the size chart I'd be a large. When I read reviews on amazon some people say they fit true and of course others say the run small or large.
Old 02-21-20, 08:03 AM
mjac

Originally Posted by BonkonFleet
Do the shorts fit true to size? I'm a 34 waist and according to the size chart I'd be a large. When I read reviews on amazon some people say they fit true and of course others say the run small or large.
This is important in order for you to be able appreciate the Przewalski Bike Shorts and get the most out of them. So instead of making a recommendation on sizing I am going to simply relate to you my experience and you can make your own judgement as to what to do. Right now my waist, unfortunately, measures 39" so I bought the XXL which the size chart says is 33.1"-37.1" They were obviously too big. So I ordered the XL which is listed as 31.5"-35.5". (Notice the overlap in sizes) These were okay, but still didn't have the compression I was looking for. So I ordered the L which is 29.9"-33.9" and held on to the XL to compare the fit. The L was perfect, real good compression,good fit and made the pad work more efficiently and be more comfortable. These shorts are made to work being tight. So I ended up with shorts 5.1" smaller then my measured waiste from the maximum measurement for the L. Buy them with Amazon Prime an order the smallest shorts you think you could possibly fit into and the next size up. Try them on side by side and use the Prime to return the one you don't want for free. You have to get a nice tight fit to enable you to enjoy them...Hope this helps,mjac
Old 02-21-20, 09:35 AM
BonkonFleet

Bikes: 2018 Trek Emonda sl6 Disc

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
This is important in order for you to be able appreciate the Przewalski Bike Shorts and get the most out of them. So instead of making a recommendation on sizing I am going to simply relate to you my experience and you can make your own judgement as to what to do. Right now my waist, unfortunately, measures 39" so I bought the XXL which the size chart says is 33.1"-37.1" They were obviously too big. So I ordered the XL which is listed as 31.5"-35.5". (Notice the overlap in sizes) These were okay, but still didn't have the compression I was looking for. So I ordered the L which is 29.9"-33.9" and held on to the XL to compare the fit. The L was perfect, real good compression,good fit and made the pad work more efficiently and be more comfortable. These shorts are made to work being tight. So I ended up with shorts 5.1" smaller then my measured waiste from the maximum measurement for the L. Buy them with Amazon Prime an order the smallest shorts you think you could possibly fit into and the next size up. Try them on side by side and use the Prime to return the one you don't want for free. You have to get a nice tight fit to enable you to enjoy them...Hope this helps,mjac
Dang I ordered the large when it sounds like maybe I should have went with the medium. But, like you said there is free returns so I wont sweat it.
Old 02-21-20, 09:46 AM
mjac

Dang I ordered the large when it sounds like maybe I should have went with the medium. But, like you said there is free returns so I wont sweat it.
Just hold on to the large if you are not sure and order the medium and then compare them side by side. I was undecided about the XL, I was kind of happy with it but I said let me try the L just for the heck of it and I was kind of happy with the XL. But when that L came with that extra compression it was like night and day, you know that feeling when something is right. All I am saying is that these shorts work when they are tight,especially the pad. If your L is the least bit loose or just not tight compression don't hesitate to order the M. You would be cheating yourself. I can not overemphasize this.
Old 02-21-20, 10:14 AM
mjac

I forgot to mention something, at least for me, everybody is different, the one problem was the legs ride up significantly for me. "Canklecat", who recommended the shorts to me,said they don't much for him. I bunched as much fabric as I could around the inseam on the leg bands and sewed it on the outside and the inside to make sort of a hem creating more compression at the leg bands. It eliminated a lot of the ride up. You may know of a more sophisticated way to do it like sewing in bigger,wider silicone grippers or something.
Old 02-21-20, 10:19 AM
Moishe
Banned.

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked 78 Times in 44 Posts
But wait! Order now, and we'll send you two pair! Just pay separate shipping and handling.
Likes For Moishe:
Old 02-21-20, 10:58 AM
mjac

Originally Posted by Moishe
But wait! Order now, and we'll send you two pair! Just pay separate shipping and handling.
There ain't no shipping and "handling" charges with Amazon Prime and all returns are free and very,very simple with an almost immediate credit to your bank account the moment the return is registered by UPS which is right after you hand them the return item and they package it for you. The only way to roll, love them or hate them, you have to give the devil it's due. Try again.
Old 02-21-20, 12:02 PM
joeruge

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked 74 Times in 41 Posts
Just got a pair of the 3D based on the praises here. I'm about 6' tall, 175 lbs. Waist is about 34...okay, 35. Ordered the medium, normally I'd get a large. They seem well made, nice pad for the price of $20. I suppose fit is personal. I found the medium a bit too tight - okay for the compression affect, but quite tight around my thighs - not that I have big thighs. I would probably keep them but I prefer a higher rise and a longer inseam. The BALEF 3D shorts, also on Amazon and costing just a bit more gives me that, in a large. I do like the pad in these Przewalski shorts. I will return these and see if a large is a little more comfortable. Will report back
Old 02-21-20, 12:25 PM
mjac

Originally Posted by joeruge
Just got a pair of the 3D based on the praises here. I'm about 6' tall, 175 lbs. Waist is about 34...okay, 35. Ordered the medium, normally I'd get a large. They seem well made, nice pad for the price of $20. I suppose fit is personal. I found the medium a bit too tight - okay for the compression affect, but quite tight around my thighs - not that I have big thighs. I would probably keep them but I prefer a higher rise and a longer inseam. The BALEF 3D shorts, also on Amazon and costing just a bit more gives me that, in a large. I do like the pad in these Przewalski shorts. I will return these and see if a large is a little more comfortable. Will report back
The 3D sizing chart is different then the 4D sizing chart. Everything I have said here is predicated on the 4D sizing chart. I would be willing to bet you a medium in the 4D shorts would fit you just about right. I do not have experience with the 3D shorts but several people including at least one,"Canklecat", with extensive experience, like the 3D Pad and short, the less expensive one. I have the 4D and like it very much.
Old 02-22-20, 08:45 AM
Wildwood 
Veteran, Pacifist

Bikes: Bikes??? Thought this was social media?!?

Mentioned: 284 Post(s)
Quoted: 3898 Post(s)
Liked 4,830 Times in 2,228 Posts
Am I mis-interpreting the website? The 3D pad is only available in the underwear shorts? Not the bibs or riding shorts?
Old 02-22-20, 11:47 AM
mjac

Originally Posted by Wildwood
Am I mis-interpreting the website? The 3D pad is only available in the underwear shorts? Not the bibs or riding shorts?
From what I understand the 3D is available in the Bike Shorts and the new two tone Flourescent Green/Grey 4D Pad is available in the Bibs. The 3D shorts are less expensive then the conventional 4D shorts. I have the 4D Shorts. You can PM "Canklecat", he knows this stuff inside out...mjac
Old 02-22-20, 11:49 AM
mjac

Originally Posted by Moishe
Do you accept PayPal?
Try again.
Old 02-22-20, 12:54 PM
Sy Reene
Advocatus Diaboli

Bikes: Merlin Cyrene, Nashbar steel CX

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4731 Post(s)
Liked 1,531 Times in 1,002 Posts
fwiw, Przewalski seems to be a brand originally (or still) owned by Tenn Outdoors (a UK company), which is evidently currently in liquidation.

These may be similar quality but under their original parent name brand
Tenn Outdoors | Pandion Cycling
Old 02-22-20, 08:42 PM
mjac

Originally Posted by Sy Reene
fwiw, Przewalski seems to be a brand originally (or still) owned by Tenn Outdoors (a UK company), which is evidently currently in liquidation.

These may be similar quality but under their original parent name brand
Tenn Outdoors | Pandion Cycling
I hope this doesn't mean anything ill for Przewalski. I like them and are the first apparel company I trust.
Old 02-27-20, 05:37 AM
thehammerdog

Bikes: Road bike is a Carbon Bianchi C2C & Grandis (1980's), Gary Fisher Mt Bike, Trek Tandem & Mongoose SS MTB circa 1992.

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 722 Post(s)
Liked 353 Times in 226 Posts
so why are we spending $100 -200 on bibs in usa.
name brand stuff is crazy.....
Old 02-27-20, 10:20 AM
mjac

Originally Posted by thehammerdog
so why are we spending $100 -200 on bibs in usa.
name brand stuff is crazy.....
Precisely. It is called Marketing. It would be great if Przewalski and companies like the became "Name Brands" based on quality and value not hype. I will do anything to have these companies recognized. Which is the reason for this thread. To give them the recognition they deserve for giving us a good product at a good price, no BS.
Old 02-28-20, 06:30 PM
alandmor

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 14 Times in 7 Posts

Anyone have issues with the leg opening bands on the 3D or 4D? They look kind of dorky and I've read they're not very tight, get looser with use and don't do a good job of keeping them from riding up. Thanks in advance.
Old 02-28-20, 06:51 PM
mjac

Originally Posted by alandmor
Anyone have issues with the leg opening bands on the 3D or 4D? They look kind of dorky and I've read they're not very tight, get looser with use and don't do a good job of keeping them from riding up. Thanks in advance.
I have the 4D and I love them, just got through with another ride. That is the one problem at least with the 4D, I do not know about the 3D. The legs ride up significantly. They look good, have a nice wide leg band and small silicone grippers inside the leg band, but they ride up quite a bit. There is an inseam that runs all the way through the leg band. I gathered leg band material on both sides of the inseam and sewed a hem in the leg band on the inside and outside to tighten the compression of the leg band. This stopped almost all of the leg rise. There may be a more sophisticated way to do it by sewing in wider,thicker silicone grippers. Maybe someone could tell you. But don't let this issue stop you from getting the shorts. They are phenomenal and their compression increases as you where them. Just come up with your own solution for the leg rise and you are set with the greatest value in shorts on the market at $27.99. I would compare them with any $100 shorts on the market...Thanks,mjac

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.